KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.1
Columbus McKinnon President and Chief Executive Officer David J. Wilson
David J. Wilson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good people that are the worker bees (although few are left)(in 22 reviews)
  • "Money and benefits are good.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Good pay and average benefits.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Decent salary.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Great Coworkers, Generally relaxed atmosphere, Potentially interesting work.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Columbus McKinnon and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It was nice.

May 27, 2022 - Picker/Packer in Smyrna, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back, good people, easy work.

Cons

Perhaps too many hours unless that's what you're looking for.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

May 6, 2022 - General Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair and Balanced Upper-management. Rewarding career with long term possibilities.

Cons

Changing Direction way too often and NO CLEAR PLAN. Too many Support Staff that do not generate revenue.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

CMCO

Jun 3, 2022 - Cost Accountant in Damascus, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

International company with solid corporate support for the local plant; stable and growing business

Cons

High stress due to staff cuts; location is a bit secluded

4. 1.0

It could be worse..

Jan 6, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Some departments are enjoyable to work in/with.

Cons

-Mediocre pay in regard to responsibilities -Little to no opportunity for advancement -Bad departmental organizations with poor clarity on division of responsibilities -Outdated employment perks -Toxic work culture in some offices with regards to POC, LGBTQ+, and other minority groups -Mid- and Upper-level management is out of touch with day-to-day operations and employee needs/wants -Discussions on culture change are surface level with no real changes implemented -Poor handling of COVID pandemic

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear some departments are enjoyable to work in and with. HR will review your other comments and see where we can provide more information around our growth opportunities.

5. 1.0

Toxic leadership

Aug 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is very competitive, which is what initially sucks you in. The people are great. The tuition reimbursement is really cool. Opportunities for stock.

Cons

One of the most unprofessional places I’ve worked. The executives create a toxic environment that cascades. Yelling, sending heated emails with a dozen people on copy, manipulation, favoritism, all common behaviors. My entire department turned over in a couple years and I’m pretty sure the person who drove them away didn’t even get a slap on the wrist. Tuns out they had driven off many before. No care for employees, work/life balance was nonexistent, forced to work on what was supposed to be paid holidays off, and executives forced us back in the office during the worst of Covid while skimping on sanitation. Technology is decades behind, causing a ton of tedious, manual work that gets audited, and you get chewed out if a mistake is found. Always a day late and a dollar short on staffing.

3 people found this review helpful

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry you had this experience. HR has elevated your concerns to the appropriate leadership team to look for opportunities of improvement.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not great

Aug 25, 2021 - International Customer Service Representative in Getzville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the employees in the customer service section of the business there are nice and friendly to work with

Cons

Teams got cut in half at the beginning of the pandemic and instead of hiring people to fill the teams back to full capacity upper management held an early morning meeting to tell us how hard they know it is that requests and calls have come back full swing. No matter how many times employees mentioned that they felt overworked and needed more staff to help with the volume of work nothing was ever done

1 person found this review helpful

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear your co-workers were nice and friendly. In regard to your comments around workload, staffing, and compensation, HR has elevated your concerns to the appropriate leadership teams for review.

7. 1.0

Bad management

Feb 1, 2022 - Forklift Operator in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good money to be made

Cons

The management is horrible A lot of racism in the front office

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to start your career with

Sep 14, 2021 - Collections Specialist in Getzville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great atmosphere - people are great, easy to work with

Cons

- employee appreciation lacks - heavily focused on results, minimally appreciating the work it takes to achieve the results

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear our atmosphere is great and the people are great. HR will review your comments around employee recognition with the appropriate leadership team to look for areas of opportunity.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Over 10 years

Dec 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to do different kinds of projects.

Cons

little planning for the future, everything is an emergency

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear there are plenty of opportunities to do different kinds of projects. We will continue to share information around our 'Blueprint for Growth' to ensure associates are aware of our long term goals.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Growth oriented company

Sep 22, 2021 - Director in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very strong industry experts in the area of material handling

Cons

Operational issues are holding the company back

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear you consider us very strong industry experts in material handling. HR will review your comments around operational issues with the appropriate leadership team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 Reviews

Columbus McKinnon Reviews FAQs

Columbus McKinnon has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 156 reviews left anonymously by employees. 36% of employees would recommend working at Columbus McKinnon to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 14% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Columbus McKinnon employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Columbus McKinnon. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

36% of Columbus McKinnon employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Columbus McKinnon 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Columbus McKinnon to be compensation, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Columbus McKinnon Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Columbus McKinnon? Share Your Experiences

Columbus McKinnon Careers

Cover image for Columbus McKinnon

Our Values Led by a clear vision, strategy, and guiding values, we are raising the expectations of ourselves for our customers and...More

• About Us
  • Global
  • Community
  • Student Program

Company Updates

6 days ago

Careers
Columbus McKinnon gave a warm welcome to our 2022 summer interns this month! Our Talent team is thrilled to host our interns from Milwaukee, Charlotte, and Buffalo this week at our global headquarters in Getzville, NY Our interns couldn’t visit WNY without enjoying some Buffalo pizza! 🍕Our amazing group of interns joined our Columbus McKinnon Talent team at the Niagara Culinary Institute for an evening of pizza making! #team #internship #hiring #buffalo
Shared image - Sara Perry on LinkedIn: #team #internship #hiring
Sara Perry on LinkedIn: #team #internship #hiring
www.linkedin.com

39 days ago

Culture
CMCO is back at it! Hot Dogs on a warm Buffalo sunny day! #cmco #careers #employees
Shared image

Columbus McKinnon Photos

+ Add Photo
Columbus McKinnon photo of: New Acquisition - Garvey Corporation
Columbus McKinnon photo of: DEI
Columbus McKinnon photo of: The children & Grandchildren of our Associates created drawings of what safety means to them at home, work and play. Winners were featured in our 2021 Safety Calendar.
Columbus McKinnon photo of: Associates came away inspired after attending an event hosted by the WNY Women's Foundation.
Columbus McKinnon photo of: Collaboration for a video shoot at our Unified Industries Division
Columbus McKinnon photo of: STEM Gold Fundraiser