Columbus McKinnon Reviews

Found 114 of over 128 reviews

2.7
Columbus McKinnon President and Chief Executive Officer David J. Wilson
David J. Wilson
Pros
  • "Good people that are the worker bees (although few are left)(in 12 reviews)

• "Good place to work with good pay(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management hasn't listened to anyone on the floor for years(in 5 reviews)

• "I speak mostly of our upper management when I speak of the problems we face because our middle management staff MUST do as they are micro managed to do(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Love it

Jan 26, 2021 - Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and office space

Cons

Management may need some work.

1 person found this review helpful

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear your comments around our office space and benefits. We truly appreciate your candor around the topic of management and as an enterprise we have been focusing in the area of leadership development. We would appreciate your insight and ideas around what more we could be doing in this space. Please reach to your local HR representative to engage in additional dialogue.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work your fingers to the bone

May 11, 2021 - Electrician in Chattanooga, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Job security - Maintenance planner is nicest guy in the world and great to work with - Money is good - Benefits are great

Cons

- Environment in the forge is loud, dark, with plenty of oil in the air (intrinsic of the process) - I was overwhelmed and overworked, travelled between two plants daily (they paid mileage) - The forge is in poor condition - I felt like I was promised things just to shut me up.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee

Run

Jun 19, 2021 - Shipper/Receiver in Bristol, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good money if you only had time to spend it

Cons

Takes forever to gain Vacation and then they take it away

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company with so much potential, but can’t get out of its own way

Mar 18, 2021 - Director Level Position
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some really great people really trying their best

Cons

A real talent deficit. While I see they have been able to attract some talent over the past few years, CM is unable to retain them and executive level doesn’t help support or drive the transformation they claim they want.

4 people found this review helpful

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We strive to ensure effective communications and to appropriately balance our investments in near and long term priorities. We would welcome the opportunity to engage in a discussion with you to better understand your points of view regarding these important topics. Please feel free to reach out to me directly via Melissa.hill@cmworks.com or to anyone else within the CMCO HR team. You are also more than welcome to coordinate a direct discussion with our CEO.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good and Bad

Apr 28, 2021 - Product Specialist in Buffalo, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation package with benefits and car allowance.

Cons

Consistent manufacturing delays caused delays in shipping.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

"COULD" be the front runner in the industry

Mar 23, 2021 - Office
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great floor level personal, Pay is ok

Cons

No life outside the company, decisions made by management cause hourly employees to work more overtime. No recognition or appreciation, only expectations. Don't focus on hiring enough people to do the job, just add to the work load of the employees that perform well in their job.

1 person found this review helpful

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We strive to drive a culture where employees feel valued and recognized. We would welcome the opportunity to engage in a discussion with you to better understand your points of view regarding these important topics. Please feel free to reach out to me directly via Melissa.hill@cmworks.com or to anyone else within the CMCO HR team. You are also more than welcome to coordinate a direct discussion with our CEO.

7. 2.0

Poor Management

May 18, 2021 - Supply Chain Manager in Saltville, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits for this company.

Cons

Closed-minded management. Upper management was management, not leadership.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Teamwork, Lack of Communication

Feb 22, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Getzville, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Respective teams work well together to get the job done, better benefits than most markets, plenty of paid holidays, intensive training on product and systems.

Cons

Very limited information from management on changes happening within company that make it difficult to relay accurately and easily to customers, main focus is finding common issues internally without willing to take risks to remedy said issues.

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad you are having a good experience with the team, good benefits and training. In regard to information from management, we are continuously working on how to provide constant and timely communication. Please feel free to reach out to your local HR representative and we will be happy to work through ideas for improved communication.

9. 4.0

Good place to work

Mar 24, 2021 - Semi Automatic Welder
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learned a lot while working there

Cons

Laid off due to lack of work

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad you had a good experience at Columbus McKinnon. We are currently hiring and our CMCO Careers page has all of the updated open positions.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Not a good place to work

Apr 21, 2021 - Bookkeeper in Mohawk, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

They offer decent pay for that area but you will earn it and then some

Cons

Upper Management is horrible!!! They do not treat their employees fair alot of favortism and 2 faced from management.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 Reviews