Columbus McKinnon "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Columbus McKinnon Employee Reviews about "great people"

Found 81 reviews

2.8
Columbus McKinnon CEO Mark Morelli
Mark Morelli
Pros
  • "Good people that are the worker bees (although few are left)(in 11 reviews)

• "Great Management Team, dependable work, good pay and benefits(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I speak mostly of our upper management when I speak of the problems we face because our middle management staff MUST do as they are micro managed to do(in 5 reviews)

• "Upper management hasn't listened to anyone on the floor for years(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews

"Human Resources Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eureka, IL

I have been working at Columbus McKinnon full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Good benefits, great people to work with

Cons

Some divisions have different policies, but the company is working on bringing harmonization throughout the entire workforce.

Columbus McKinnon2017-07-28

Columbus McKinnon Response

August 3, 2017Talent & HR Manager

You are one of those great people who make Columbus McKinnon an excellent place to work, and we thank you for your 10+ years of service!

"Bad management and even worse HR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Columbus McKinnon full-time

Pros

The people who actually do the work are great people.

Cons

Management cannot get out of their own way. The infighting and backstabbing takes up most of their day. Not much time left to manage after that. When something goes wrong the search parties are sent out for scapegoats. Don't expect HR to help resolve problems - they are too busy planning for retirement.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you tell them that you are going to treat them. Stop the power plays and run the company. Your employees really want to work for someone who appreciates them - not someone who terrorizes the building.

Columbus McKinnon2015-02-09

"Sinking Ship with no Life Preservers, where Corporate leadership has not a clue of how to Right the course"

Current Employee - Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Columbus McKinnon full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Unique industry accepted Brand Leader in Forging products line Great People who really want to create success Non-Union Environment

Cons

No incentive program Clueless upper management No Strategic Planning Dis-functional stove piped new product development process Poor internal communications Very reactionary upper management to bad news Archaic IT systems Three Reductions In Force (Layoffs) in less than 18 Months. Senior Management (Selective Director Level personnel) Very insecure and abusive No people skills Reviews are totally subjective...

Advice to Management

Commit the resources necessary to right the Chattanooga operation or sell the business unit. Develop a five year plan with targeted realistic improvement goals; stabilize leadership (5 GM's in last 3 years) and have the patience to see it through. The impact of your decision to merge Chattanooga and Midland Forges without a coherent transition and operational business plan is what is the driving challenge for the facility....

Columbus McKinnon2014-02-03