KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Columbus McKinnon Employee Reviews about "opportunity for advancement"

Updated Jun 3, 2022

Found 2 of over 156 reviews

3.1
Columbus McKinnon President and Chief Executive Officer David J. Wilson
David J. Wilson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good people that are the worker bees (although few are left)(in 23 reviews)
  • "Good pay and fringe benefits(in 12 reviews)
  • "Money and benefits are good.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Great Coworkers, Generally relaxed atmosphere, Potentially interesting work.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Good money to be made(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Columbus McKinnon and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "opportunity for advancement"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Going downhill fast!

May 21, 2020 - Customer Service Associate in Getzville, NY
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good People to work with. There are really very few Pros that can be listed.

Cons

In the last three years the company has seen record breaking profits. Which is good for senior management as their bonuses have increased substantially. The Former CEO was always quick to point out that Management was making more money. However the employees who actually did the work seen little increase nor received much in the way of recognition for their work. Nowhere is this more prevalent than the Customer Service group. Since the new director started, he customer service team experienced unprecedented turnover as older experienced employees (i.e. higher paid) were pushed out and replaced with interns and part time employees. Now with the Covid-19 Quarantine, the already overworked Customer Service team experience a reduction or workforce of about 25%. Once the quarantine is over and customers are back to work, there will be insufficient staffing to provide good customer service. Furthermore, there is little to no opportunity for advancement at CM. The only promotions are the same people over and over again, with little to no attention paid to developing other employees.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

Columbus McKinnon Response

Talent Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're sorry you had this experience. HR has elevated your concerns to the Customer Service leadership team to look for opportunities of improvement.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

It could be worse..

Jan 6, 2022 - Engineer
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Some departments are enjoyable to work in/with.

Cons

-Mediocre pay in regard to responsibilities -Little to no opportunity for advancement -Bad departmental organizations with poor clarity on division of responsibilities -Outdated employment perks -Toxic work culture in some offices with regards to POC, LGBTQ+, and other minority groups -Mid- and Upper-level management is out of touch with day-to-day operations and employee needs/wants -Discussions on culture change are surface level with no real changes implemented -Poor handling of COVID pandemic

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Columbus McKinnon Response

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear some departments are enjoyable to work in and with. HR will review your other comments and see where we can provide more information around our growth opportunities.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 Reviews

Popular Careers with Columbus McKinnon Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Columbus McKinnon? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

17 days ago

Careers
Columbus McKinnon gave a warm welcome to our 2022 summer interns this month! Our Talent team is thrilled to host our interns from Milwaukee, Charlotte, and Buffalo this week at our global headquarters in Getzville, NY Our interns couldn’t visit WNY without enjoying some Buffalo pizza! 🍕Our amazing group of interns joined our Columbus McKinnon Talent team at the Niagara Culinary Institute for an evening of pizza making! #team #internship #hiring #buffalo
Shared image - Sara Perry on LinkedIn: #team #internship #hiring
Sara Perry on LinkedIn: #team #internship #hiring
www.linkedin.com

50 days ago

Culture
CMCO is back at it! Hot Dogs on a warm Buffalo sunny day! #cmco #careers #employees
Shared image

Columbus McKinnon Photos

+ Add Photo
Columbus McKinnon photo of: New Acquisition - Garvey Corporation
Columbus McKinnon photo of: DEI
Columbus McKinnon photo of: The children & Grandchildren of our Associates created drawings of what safety means to them at home, work and play. Winners were featured in our 2021 Safety Calendar.
Columbus McKinnon photo of: Associates came away inspired after attending an event hosted by the WNY Women's Foundation.
Columbus McKinnon photo of: Collaboration for a video shoot at our Unified Industries Division
Columbus McKinnon photo of: STEM Gold Fundraiser