KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Columbus McKinnon Employee Reviews about "salary"

Updated Jun 3, 2022

Found 8 of over 156 reviews

3.1
Columbus McKinnon President and Chief Executive Officer David J. Wilson
David J. Wilson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Columbus McKinnon and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "salary"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Its OK

Sep 8, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Salary and great benefits

Cons

too much free time not enough work

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Salary non-exempt position

Nov 19, 2015 - Professional Salaried
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a product I had/have a lot of faith in. Their core products you can say you are proud to have been a part of putting out there into the workforce. The corporate office truly has good people who believe in their products, and in their minds, they believe they are doing what is best for the folks out across their different divisions.

Cons

At the division level things are a joke. The good old boy system is in place--not just where I worked, but over the years the contacts I had across the company told me it was the same where they were. I personally heard one HR manager tell our entire office that we should just be glad they allow us to work for them and that they gave us a job. If you are one of the Southern facilities, women are paid about half what men are in salaried positions. No room for advancement...none whatsoever...unless you are willing to kiss some major behind and be a yes man. Before I quit I saw an email that was the tipping point for me, it came from one HR manager to my supervisor. I had asked for a significant raise because I was grossly underpaid (clerk salary for professional work). The HR manager actually said I was paid too little compared to the same position across the corporation. Do you think they upped my salary to within range across the corporation? NO. One excuse after another. I left after nearly 20 years of empty promises and excuses as to why I wasn't good enough to advance. Walked into a new position doing much less work, no weekends, no nights, for over $10k more annually. CM pays some people well--if you are the teacher's pet.

7 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Budget cuts and hiring freeze!

Jun 27, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary, most people are nice.

Cons

CEO continues to focus on headcount, resulting in remaining employees having unmanageable workloads. Currently in a hiring freeze, although they won't admit it or call it that.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

engineer

Sep 3, 2016 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reasonable salary. Job security.Cannot be fired without serious cause.

Cons

Management cannot plan, understand product development, or understand the value of proper engineering.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Intern, more than 1 year

Decent company

Jan 9, 2022 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary- entry level pay is high

Cons

Extremely long hours, lack of growth opportunities

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

No advance in career

May 21, 2020 - Customer Service in Brampton, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues were always nice we had a our own office parties

Cons

it's not competitive salary you're always working non-stop and it gets hard to catch your breathe at times

Be the first to find this review helpful

Columbus McKinnon Response

Talent Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're sorry you had this experience. HR has elevated your concerns to the Customer Service leadership team to look for opportunities of improvement.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Some positives some negatives

Jul 22, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary. Local leadership is steering the company in the right direction. Many improvements and machinery upgrades are being put in place and should make the company better in the long run.

Cons

Director level manager is bent on imposing his vision on the company. The problem is he doesn't understand the unique challenges of our facility and is pushing textbook solutions which don't work.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible leadership and morale with no desire to improve. Getting out as soon as I can!!

Dec 1, 2014 - MACHINE FLOOR in Lisbon, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay for easy work. Feeling that I can count on the other guys on the floor. Semi-stable employment

Cons

Union contract means nothing when management doesn't follow it anyways. Instead of doing what it says in the book, they will go by 'past practice' - aka what makes them look best to corporate. Mindset is not about the employees at all, only what will make management look best!! I would even call the treatment towards employees abusive. I know some of the past practices violate federal laws. And they wonder why employees are confrontational! Management doesnt have a clue what is going on. This goes from Engineering to Human Resources to Operations. Wrong information is given if and when you get any information at all. No praise or incentives for doing good work or more work than required. No reason to try to do well at all. I truly think both salary and hourly employees would flock out the door if given the chance to. The list of bad things about working here is never ending.

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 Reviews

Popular Careers with Columbus McKinnon Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Columbus McKinnon? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

14 days ago

Careers
Columbus McKinnon gave a warm welcome to our 2022 summer interns this month! Our Talent team is thrilled to host our interns from Milwaukee, Charlotte, and Buffalo this week at our global headquarters in Getzville, NY Our interns couldn’t visit WNY without enjoying some Buffalo pizza! 🍕Our amazing group of interns joined our Columbus McKinnon Talent team at the Niagara Culinary Institute for an evening of pizza making! #team #internship #hiring #buffalo
Shared image - Sara Perry on LinkedIn: #team #internship #hiring
Sara Perry on LinkedIn: #team #internship #hiring
www.linkedin.com

46 days ago

Culture
CMCO is back at it! Hot Dogs on a warm Buffalo sunny day! #cmco #careers #employees
Shared image

Columbus McKinnon Photos

+ Add Photo
Columbus McKinnon photo of: New Acquisition - Garvey Corporation
Columbus McKinnon photo of: DEI
Columbus McKinnon photo of: The children & Grandchildren of our Associates created drawings of what safety means to them at home, work and play. Winners were featured in our 2021 Safety Calendar.
Columbus McKinnon photo of: Associates came away inspired after attending an event hosted by the WNY Women's Foundation.
Columbus McKinnon photo of: Collaboration for a video shoot at our Unified Industries Division
Columbus McKinnon photo of: STEM Gold Fundraiser