Found 9 of over 196 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management horrible from very top on down." (in 19 reviews)
- "Cheap! Upper management does not want to give back!" (in 11 reviews)
- "Long hours without a good work" (in 4 reviews)
- "Poor management, low paygrade, disorganized company, bad leadership, no profit sharing, overworked, 1" (in 4 reviews)
- "Little to no opportunity for advancement" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Columbus McKinnon and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Aug 17, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The pay is very competitive, which is what initially sucks you in. The people are great. The tuition reimbursement is really cool. Opportunities for stock.
One of the most unprofessional places I’ve worked. The executives create a toxic environment that cascades. Yelling, sending heated emails with a dozen people on copy, manipulation, favoritism, all common behaviors. My entire department turned over in a couple years and I’m pretty sure the person who drove them away didn’t even get a slap on the wrist. Tuns out they had driven off many before. No care for employees, work/life balance was nonexistent, forced to work on what was supposed to be paid holidays off, and executives forced us back in the office during the worst of Covid while skimping on sanitation. Technology is decades behind, causing a ton of tedious, manual work that gets audited, and you get chewed out if a mistake is found. Always a day late and a dollar short on staffing.3Columbus McKinnon Response3y
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry you had this experience. HR has elevated your concerns to the appropriate leadership team to look for opportunities of improvement.
- 5.0Jan 17, 2021Terrirtory Sales ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBuffalo, NY
Great products to sell. Good pay and benefits.
Having a good work life balance can be difficult.Columbus McKinnon Response3y
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear your comments around our pay, benefits, and product portfolio. We truly appreciate your candor around the topic of work life balance and we would recommend reaching out to your local HR representative to have conversation around your concerns.