KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Columbus McKinnon Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 7, 2021

Found 4 of over 154 reviews

3.1
Columbus McKinnon President and Chief Executive Officer David J. Wilson
David J. Wilson

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good people that are the worker bees (although few are left)(in 21 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great(in 15 reviews)
  • "Good Pay and Benefits for this company.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Decent salary.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Great Coworkers, Generally relaxed atmosphere, Potentially interesting work.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Columbus McKinnon and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sales Position

Jan 17, 2021 - Terrirtory Sales Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great products to sell. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Having a good work life balance can be difficult.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear your comments around our pay, benefits, and product portfolio. We truly appreciate your candor around the topic of work life balance and we would recommend reaching out to your local HR representative to have conversation around your concerns.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Toxic leadership

Aug 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is very competitive, which is what initially sucks you in. The people are great. The tuition reimbursement is really cool. Opportunities for stock.

Cons

One of the most unprofessional places I’ve worked. The executives create a toxic environment that cascades. Yelling, sending heated emails with a dozen people on copy, manipulation, favoritism, all common behaviors. My entire department turned over in a couple years and I’m pretty sure the person who drove them away didn’t even get a slap on the wrist. Tuns out they had driven off many before. No care for employees, work/life balance was nonexistent, forced to work on what was supposed to be paid holidays off, and executives forced us back in the office during the worst of Covid while skimping on sanitation. Technology is decades behind, causing a ton of tedious, manual work that gets audited, and you get chewed out if a mistake is found. Always a day late and a dollar short on staffing.

3 people found this review helpful

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry you had this experience. HR has elevated your concerns to the appropriate leadership team to look for opportunities of improvement.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

It was like a fairy tale... that went to the dark side of the universe and fell in a black hole.

Mar 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Wadesboro, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits, most bosses are flexible.

Cons

Zero work life balance. None. Instead of hiring competent people they expect the existing ones to have no life outside the business and take on more and more. Treat the ones that think for themselves as pariah and only want yes men/women. Certain people in charge need to have their ties severed and bring in people that know what they’re doing.

2 people found this review helpful

Director Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're sorry you had this experience. HR has elevated your concerns to the appropriate leadership team to look for opportunities of improvement.

4. 4.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Good company

Sep 7, 2021 - Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee benefits. Compensation and benefits is really good

Cons

Work life balance is not good. Don’t have any other cons

Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Popular Careers with Columbus McKinnon Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Columbus McKinnon? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

8 days ago

Culture
CMCO is back at it! Hot Dogs on a warm Buffalo sunny day! #cmco #careers #employees
Shared image

66 days ago

Culture
CMCO associates take the time to show their spirit as we honor the important social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women across the globe! #CMCO #IWD #breakthebias2022
Shared image

Columbus McKinnon Photos

+ Add Photo
Columbus McKinnon photo of: New Acquisition - Garvey Corporation
Columbus McKinnon photo of: DEI
Columbus McKinnon photo of: The children & Grandchildren of our Associates created drawings of what safety means to them at home, work and play. Winners were featured in our 2021 Safety Calendar.
Columbus McKinnon photo of: Associates came away inspired after attending an event hosted by the WNY Women's Foundation.
Columbus McKinnon photo of: Collaboration for a video shoot at our Unified Industries Division
Columbus McKinnon photo of: STEM Gold Fundraiser