Columbus Regional Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2019

Found 36 reviews

3.2
Jim Bickel

"Outstanding patient care and Excellent work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Columbus Regional Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Perfect size - big enough to offer cutting edge treatments in a wide variety of specialties, and small enough to know your coworkers, physicians, and executives personally. This company never stops trying to improve itself and the experience that it provides patients, visitors, the community, and the employees. It isn't perfect - no company is - but leadership listens and has a conversation to find solutions that make...

Cons

It may not be the right place for everyone due to the frequency of change and the enforced environment of self-accountability.

Columbus Regional Health2019-01-17
  2. "Every day is a new experience."

Current Employee - Professional Nurse II in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Columbus Regional Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great teamwork, nurse manager and asst. nurse manager are very supportive. Most of the doctors are amazing to work with and we have an amazing case manager covering our floor. Additional training/education is not only supported, it's encouraged. Definitely room to grow and paths pursue if you want to expand your practice/knowledge.

Cons

Staffing is always short, lots of agency nurses. Seems to be lots of changes/shakeups that keep happening and some units are hemorrhaging staff faster than we could ever hope to replace them. Change is hard but it seems upper management and management on other units are making it even harder than it needs to be. Even when warned this would be the outcome, we were met with "nurses can be replaced". Staffing has become...

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff! Treat them with respect. A cute pen/highlighter combo is not going to make us forget that you treat us like a number and not a valuable member of your staff. Yes, we like food... but what good is pizza if I don't have time to pee let alone time for a 30 minute break? !

Columbus Regional Health2019-02-22
  3. "Student Food Service Aide"

I worked at Columbus Regional Health full-time

Pros

Lots of available hours to pick up, good co-workers, flexibility of schedule

Cons

Didn't always do job initially assigned to

Columbus Regional Health2018-10-24
  4. "Protective services"

I have been working at Columbus Regional Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family atmosphere amongst a majority of the employees.

Cons

I feel being a health system,the insurance package should be a lot better than what it currently is. They should really be ashamed $270 bi-weekly for family! Some people make $12.50 an hour that’s crazy!! You would figure a health system would be able to work out a cheaper way to cover their employees with a hospital and several offices full of Physicians and specialists and still make money!!! Pay staff a better...

Advice to Management

Listen to your staffs concerns and follow up and work for the. Because it is up to the staff whether your company flourishes or not.

Columbus Regional Health2018-10-31
  5. "Office Assistant"

Former Employee - Office Assistant in Columbus, IN

I worked at Columbus Regional Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Promotes from within which isn’t a bad thing unless you are a patient in certain areas. Food service manager promoted to surgery dept management. ICU severely understaffed. People working in surgery on call for weeks at a time because they can’t keep people in that dept. One lady does all the lung pft’s and has been that way for years. Which means they are scheduled out months for those. Management picks favorites and...

Advice to Management

Fully staff your hospital. One person should not be the only person providing services for an entire department. Community involvement is a good thing but not when you are pulling current employees from their very busy job to do community clean ups or having big workforce events at the commons for hours. Try actually having compassion for the employees you have.

Columbus Regional Health2018-09-28
  6. "CRH Health Physicians"

I have been working at Columbus Regional Health full-time

Pros

Benefits, great workers, room to grow and advance

Cons

Pay isn’t that great, focused more on community projects than their employees and patients

Columbus Regional Health2018-09-07

"Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, IN

I worked at Columbus Regional Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Low level management are good (department managers), Family-like working condition, tuition reimbursement for school, opportunities to grow and to explore other fields. Most of the physician are nice to work with.

Cons

Short staffed, high turnover in the recent 3 years, lack of appreciation of their employees, A pay cut did happen due to reason to follow a standardized pay in the area (???), resulting people leaving and hiring of more travel nurses. Seem cant retain new hires,

Advice to Management

Please value your employee. Happy employee is successful company. Mean what you say and please try to put your shoes in your employees' shoes. Good plan is nothing if you are not implementing it.

Columbus Regional Health2018-07-16
  8. "Improvement process needs implemented but it goes in 1 ear and out the other."

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Columbus Regional Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers, flexible hours in case schooling arises, flexibility with in phlebotomy to move around if current situation isn't working out, Some OT available

Cons

Turn over like crazy, too much info thrown at you at once with no handbook or knowledgeable place to find it, stressful, short staffed

Advice to Management

Listen to how to improve the process or take a step into our shoes on a daily basis, wake up and learn from it. Patients are suffering and your staff leaving because it's not satisfactory employment.

Columbus Regional Health2018-05-25
  9. "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Columbus Regional Health part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Seem to have competitive nursing pay.

Cons

Poor upper management and lack of communication from upper management on change.

Columbus Regional Health2018-05-20
  10. "CRH"

I have been working at Columbus Regional Health full-time

Pros

Flexibility, immediate supervisor, pleasant surroundings, opportunities for growth.

Cons

Lack of integrity. What is said is often not what is done.

Advice to Management

Mean what you say.

Columbus Regional Health2018-05-17