Columbus Regional Healthcare System Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Scott Hill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Security Assistant in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Security Assistant in Columbus, GA

I worked at Columbus Regional Healthcare System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for overall. Lower management is great.

Cons

Upper and executive management seems disconnected with work environment at times.

"Great workplace"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, GA

I worked at Columbus Regional Healthcare System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities within company, competitive pay, great managers. There are many reasons that I decided to stay so long.

Cons

If you get an advanced degree, there are less opportunities available in higher positions. This is the only reason that I left. There were no nurse practitioner positions available.

Advice to Management

None

"RRT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC

I worked at Columbus Regional Healthcare System (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small hospital with great pay.

Cons

not enough help on night shift

"Phlebotomist"

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Columbus, GA

Pros

Always busy, the time flew by.

Cons

The supervisor was not truthful in the description of job training/duties. My training consisted of me getting a cart and going to the floor.Hardly explained anything to me. Too much drama among co-workers. NEVER enough staff. Night shift people would call off, morning shift people would call off, which made morning rounds horrific. 3 people quit in a week while I was there. It just seemed very unorganized and depressing. They had a phlebotomist there who came down from the floor with 16 "hard sticks"!! But they let her continue to work there. The lab was a joke.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on training the good phlebotomist that you may have come and work for you. Stop lying to the potential help. Don't be so quick to make it be known that there is a lot of drama in the lab and that you and your supervisor are good friends.

5. "Registered respiratory therapist"

Former Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Columbus, GA

I worked at Columbus Regional Healthcare System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Staff very friendly and eager to learn. Physicians open to suggestions and willing to answer questions in detail. Uniform shop onsite. Good cafeteria with many options.

Cons

Management style not conducive to employee growth. Focus too much on minor details that creates atmosphere of intimidation. Rather than hiring those with great expertise, they prefer staff with less knowledge than themselves. Not open to suggestions, making employees feel boxed in. Also workloads unmanageable for inexperienced therapists and quite frankly dangerous to patients.

Advice to Management

Look for those with greater knowledge and experience to build a strong team. That makes managers "look" better. Be leaders, supportive of needs of staff, evaluate more equipment and involve team in process. Support education and continuing education. Get rid of "good ole' boy" environment and allow staff to grow.

6. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Columbus Regional Healthcare System full-time

Pros

Teamwork everybody help each other no matter we are from different team, no matter I was new to ask some entry questions

Cons

Not easy to commute. I lived too far and had contract with leasing and can't move on time

Advice to Management

Time management and more clear review form for everybody' s performance

7. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Monitor Technician in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Monitor Technician in Columbus, GA

I worked at Columbus Regional Healthcare System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great working environment. Awesome coworkers. Overtime available if you want it.

Cons

Work load can be a little much. Pay needs to increase.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employees some tend to become overwhelmed.

"Office Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Pros

A very positive, customer-centric organization.

Cons

Recognize experience from your lower echelon workers when making corporate decisions.

Advice to Management

Listen and interact with your lower echelon workers!

9. "Centralized Scheduler"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I worked at Columbus Regional Healthcare System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, chance for advancement

Cons

Dehumanize, some areas advancement is based on who you know

Advice to Management

See each employee as a person and not just a number

10. "Medical Tech/Nursing student"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Columbus Regional Healthcare System part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have an opportunity to learn and experience areas of nursing you will be interested in and get exposed to procedures you will have to administer as a nursing student and future nurse. When they love you, the word gets around. It is also a great feeling when you can make even the smallest difference in a patient or family member's life with the little things we all can do.

Cons

You will find areas of nursing you will not be greatly excited about. The hours you have to work will greatly impact your school work, study time and any possible rest. You may have to resign before your time is up, if you can not keep up in school. When you graduate and you don't accept a job because the area of interest are not available, they don't want to see you anymore. They will get the word out not to let you work on any floor even if you have a family.

Advice to Management

Offer your nursing students time to meet with each other and with those that can give guidance and anytime towards their studies (outside of work). You should also expose them to a rotation from every floor that encompases nurses. You will have more Techs available, they will find their interest and you can avoid a Tech being stuck in an area they have no interest in whatsoever.

Senior level management should interview anyone not accepting a job or anyone asked to resign. I don't think they are aware that this pettiness is happening. This is not anything like what they teach you when it comes to being understanding and compassionate about people.