Column Technologies, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 11, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Timothy Yario

Pros
  • you learn a lot technically because you troubleshoot many issues across multiple combinations of environments and versions (in 4 reviews)

• Very friendly work environment, great learning opportunities (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management is small, tight group of old friends and family who have no business being in management and would not survive at a public corporation (in 4 reviews)

• There are no cons - the employees are friendly and very knowledgable (in 2 reviews)

"You have to work"

Former Employee - Sales in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Lombard, IL

I worked at Column Technologies, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding and supportive management that give you all the tools to be successful. They are a mid sized company, that feels like a small, everyone is treated like family. Management always listens to suggestions and always make themselves available to talk. They have an outstanding reputation with their customers and treat their customers well. I'm shocked to see a few negative reviews. If you have a negative review of this company, you just didn't put in the effort to succeed or have not worked in the business for long. There are much worse places to work. This is a great company to work for.

Cons

It's a difficult sales cycle, but you get out what you put in. You're not micro managed but if you don't work it will get noticed. The majority of the customers are enterprise level and are demanding but that also makes it rewarding.

2. "Great Company"

Former Intern - Software Developer in Lombard, IL
    Former Intern - Software Developer in Lombard, IL

I worked at Column Technologies, Inc. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment where I was able to really learn a lot from a technical perspective and from a corporate perspective. Everyone was extremely helpful.

Cons

This is an environment built on trust where you must take on the responsibility given to you. No one will be checking in every few days, it's on you to complete your work which isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

The freedom is both a great corporate setting for some but is difficult for others. I found that I worked better with that level of trust but I believe some would perform better if management was more involved.

3. "Fantastic place"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer/Implementation Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer/Implementation Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Column Technologies, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

Smaller company, leadership, culture, people.

Cons

None that I can think of. From a company standpoint, I guess being tied to one main product as a VAR has it's risks.

Advice to Management

This company is so great because of the leadership and choice the CEO TIm Yario makes in my opinion.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Service Automation Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Service Automation Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Column Technologies, Inc. full-time

Pros

Small sized company, no corporate politics, best boss Ive ever worked for, just great people who all contributed and helped each other out. Lots of opportunities for growth and training and building out your career.

Cons

Can be tough for a travelling consultant in terms of travelling.

Advice to Management

great management

"Great opportunity to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Remedy Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Remedy Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Column Technologies, Inc. (More than 3 years)

Pros

Column is a great company who give people a chance to grow and learn at a rapid pace. Very little micro management which enables consultants to take on as much as they are ready for. Loyalty and customer success is rewarded.

Cons

There are no cons - the employees are friendly and very knowledgable.

7. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Lead Developer in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Developer in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Column Technologies, Inc. (More than 10 years)

Pros

Column Technologies is an exciting place to work. You will work with some big companies designing, developing and implementing advanced software solutions. Management is supportive of employees learning new technologies and offering them training. I saw several employees find a particular technology or software that they enjoyed working with and make a lucrative career out of it. I also find management very fair when it comes to compensation for work and hard work is recognized. Column provides a good environment to work in offering such things as, additional health programs, social gatherings and recreational areas for employees. Fellow employees are intelligent and a pleasure to work with. The company is also very honest with customers and really goes the extra mile to make them happy.

Cons

The pace can be fast and stressful at times. This is not a company that you can relax in cruise control. You will have to be self motivated and you will not be micromanaged. You will almost be completely in control of your successes or failures.

Advice to Management

Continue understanding your employees and investing in them to create a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship.

8. "Growing company that provides opportunities to succeed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Pros

Growing company in the Consulting field the provides world class service and puts the customer first.

Cons

Not a micromanaged environment so you need to be. Asked starter

Advice to Management

Keeping pushing

9. "I had fun working for Colmn."

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

I meet a lot of interesting people.

Cons

The hours were long but the people where great.

Advice to Management

I don't have any additional advice for the management.

"Great Midsize Company"

Former Employee - Accounting Generalist in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Accounting Generalist in Lombard, IL

I worked at Column Technologies, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work to life balance, great leadership, great co-workers, great relationships with vendors and clients.

Cons

At the time.. Lack of opportunities for movement for administrative staff. Other than that Column is a great company. You work your butt off but it's work if it was all fun it would be play.

Advice to Management

Keep staying in touch with your workers and offices. Keep growing!!

11. "Good company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Column Technologies, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy my job at Column, I like the work I do, and I like the people I work with. Column as a company seems to focus on how to get things done, as opposed to why something can't be done. There are some really nice people at Column. The work is good, and people depend on you. Benefits are good and I feel like the company tries to recognize and reward extra efforts.

Cons

The company is not growing as fast as it could. While that might also be true of most companies, I would like to see Column come closer to achieving its real potential.

Advice to Management

Keep a positive energy flowing in the company, and continue to bring new ideas for growing the business.