Colwen Hotel Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Front desk"

I have been working at Colwen Hotel Management full-time

Pros

Great company with lots of room for growth and a get resume builder. I started working breakfast and have worked my way up to a better position.

Cons

Shifts always change from day to day making it hard to get a good sleep pattern.

2. "Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Colwen Hotel Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid time off, you can balance work and social life and also rotating schedule. Once in a blue you may have a weekend off.

Cons

Favoritism, micromanaging and no training. Rotating schedule is nice but two consecutive days off is rare. This company is not fit for seasoned managers in fast paced hotels. Operations is ran poorly and basic.

Advice to Management

As upper management, you ought to want to take the new hire under your wing as they are an image of you. Regardless of what ones opinion may be of the level of ease in a job, please take the time to fully train your staff. The display of favoritism and lack of respect is quite grotesque to the degree that perhaps corporate should be notified. Also, be honest during the interview process in regards to job description and schedule. No regard to ones home life is beyond unprofessional.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Colwen Hotel Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company recognizes most to all employees for all efforts and cooperate does a great job with keeping professional but personal relationships with front line employees and hotels.
    There is ample room for growth within the company I personally have been promoted twice within the first year also it is a fast growing company currently owning 19 hotels and more to come through 2017 and 2018. This company is sure to make you feel welcomed and appreciated with small things they do for example with front desk agents ever time the hotel sells out all front desk agents will split the ADR of that day up to $100, and during busy season that looks great in your check. Overall I believe this is a great company and one to give a try.

Cons

The only cons I would have to say about the company is it does not offer separate vacation time, only PTO. If you are in MA the company follows state minimum for sick time and you only receive sick time and PTO. If you never get sick and have no kids to take care of, sick time can never really be used, so it just gets wasted because it is not payed out which only leaves you with PTO.

5. "Watch your back"

I worked at Colwen Hotel Management full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, decent pay and benefits

Cons

Corporate office team will stab you in the back and leave you to bleed out slowly.

Advice to Management

Management is part of the problem. Advice is for ownership to re-think who is running the company.

6. "Great Company"

Pros

Fantastic company to work for.

Cons

Promotion from within can be fast at first and then slow down.

7. "Growth Potential for all Levels"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Medford, MA

I have been working at Colwen Hotel Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Colwen is growing rapidly and with growth comes jobs. From front line associates to executive level positions, Colwen is posting new positions almost on a daily basis. There are numerous hotels in the pipeline and future projects on the horizon. If you're looking for potential growth, look no further.

Cons

Coming from a large company there are a lot of differences moving to a small to medium sized company. Different systems, strategies, and goals. However, while it might take some getting used to, all of these differences have made for many new experiences and new leanings.

Advice to Management

I've seen the company realize their mistakes and quickly make corrections. My advice to management is to continue to keep an open door policy, continue to listen to your associates, and implement improvements quickly.

8. "Great Opportunites & Advancement Growing Company"

Current Employee - Operations in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Operations in Boston, MA

I have been working at Colwen Hotel Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Successful rapidly growing New England based company with a lot of amazing opportunities for dedicated hoteliers with a passion for service. The hotels are gorgeous, well supported by corporate, as well as by experienced hard working area and regional staff.
    Competitive wages and good benefits.

Cons

Be ready to work with people who are passionate about their hotels and about service.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer great training and keep growing.

9. "Sales"

I have been working at Colwen Hotel Management full-time

Pros

Great company! You are not just a number they truly care about you and your opinion. They hotels are ALL beautiful and they are always updating them to keep up with the trends.

Cons

Only a few hotels in NH, most are in MA.

10. "Colwen Hotels is a CLASS ACT!"

I have been working at Colwen Hotel Management full-time

Pros

Colwen Hotels is such a fantastic family oriented company. Since beginning with the company in August 2014 opening a new hotel in the Boston area I have been promoted several times. It is not just my hard work but a team of executives/ownership that truly cares and recognizes their employees hard work. They are engaged,extremely professional, and care about what they do. Colwen Hotels is a class act and one of the best management companies in the industry. Colwen is constantly adding new properties to their portfolio. If you are reading this review contemplating of possibly applying for a position... DO IT NOW!

Cons

Nothing. Colwen is a great company to work for.

11. "Excellent company!"

Pros

As a sales person, it is very important for me to show my clients a clean, fresh and most importantly an upscale and refined product. I'm very proud of my hotels! They make me look good! On top of that, the associates are well trained in safety and hospitality following the most rigorous Marriott and Hilton procedures. Love it!

Cons

I wish we had hotels in the Caribbean or the West Coast. The good news is that we continue to expand in new markets and states.