ComTrade Employee Reviews about "atmosphere"
83% would recommend to a friend
(14 total reviews)
The latest conversations about Tech
11 hours ago
Advanced Repair Agent
I have a second interview with Microcenter for a Retail Computer Tech in a few days and I was wondering if I got the job could I ask for a higher hourly rate? I was wondering if anyone has had succuess in asking for a higher base pay? Thank in advance
Got a burning question about ComTrade? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with ComTrade employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Atmosphere among colleagues is great." (in 7 reviews)
- "Company has good work/life balance" (in 6 reviews)
- "People are friendly, everybody wants to help, also people are hanging out together after work, which is not specific for companies this size." (in 6 reviews)
- "Good working environment, nice community and projects." (in 5 reviews)
- "Relaxed, not too demanding, good atmosphere" (in 4 reviews)
- "Under average salary" (in 22 reviews)
- "Bad management" (in 10 reviews)
- "CT is simply not mature enough in the terms of good Project Management practice, especially with the goal of expanding their business to Western Europe." (in 5 reviews)
- "projects with old technologies." (in 4 reviews)
- "Bad wages" (in 4 reviews)
Found 14 of over 152 reviews
Updated Nov 10, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "atmosphere"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Jul 15, 2015Software EngineerFormer EmployeeLjubljana
+ Depending on the team and department, some projects can be interesting and provide space for growth and programming creativity. Unfortunately, getting these projects is often mostly a matter of luck. + Flexible work time. + Some well-known clients and opportunities related to that. + Possibility to occasionally work from home (e.g. if your kids are sick). + Work-life balance varies project-to-project, but is generally good. Occasional overtime can be expected around tight deadlines. + Lots of events, such as picnics, dinners, new year parties and summer schools for students. Various discounts for e.g. sports and cultural activities are possible. + Friendly colleagues, mostly relaxed atmosphere. + Underground garage parking in the new building.
- Some projects involve hardly anything beyond menial tasks or dull bug fixing in a support role. Such projects have no space for creativity or professional growth. - Salaries tend to be below market competition. - The company doesn't seem to value experienced professionals, nor is it willing to pay them. Above-average developers can have a hard time finding challenging engineering problems. This, combined with lower-than-average entry salaries, has resulted in many talented people leaving the company and a high turnover rate. - Mismanagement of talent. I've seen many young engineers or students assigned menial tasks with management somehow expecting that they will become great through repetitive mediocrity. - Promotions are not based on competence, but almost exclusively on politics and tenure. People who are not aggressive, or don't have a supervisor who will be aggressive for them, are at risk of being seriously lowballed. At least until they realize that and end up leaving. - Constantly changing and reversing political direction and areas of focus - the company has a deep identity crisis. This makes it very hard to specialize in anything due to very real prospects of being re-assigned at a whim to unrelated projects and having to learn a different technology every 6 months. - As with many large companies, there is lots of corporate lingo and fancy business talk which seems to be valued more than raw technical competence - technical accomplishments are not acknowledged. - Isolation between teams leads to constantly re-inventing the wheel and zero code re-use.2
- 5.0Nov 12, 2022Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
- good work life balance - friendly atmosphere - interesting projects - diverse employee perks
- relatively low salary in comparison with similar companies - some teams have max utilization, while others have much relaxed atmosphere - the project depends on the team and it is difficult to change teams (even if there is a better fit at other team/project)
- 4.0Apr 21, 2022project assisstantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLjubljana
Diverse day to day tasks, great atmosphere, gaining new experience
There were a lot of calls1
- 3.0Aug 11, 2021Java Middle DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLjubljana
In Comtrade you can find many interesting people and a relaxed atmosphere. There is a nice Fun Room bar, enough parking spaces, and other benefits...
Management and organization. Lack of striving to improve and use newer technologies, methodologies, and development approaches. Salary.1
- 5.0Apr 27, 2020Full Stack DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBelgrade, Central Serbia
A great working atmosphere with almost no pressure. Nice friendly colleagues and generally good team collaboration. A lot of projects, so you are never out of work.
The company won't invest in employee education. Sometimes priorities are not clear enough.