Combined Insurance Insurance Sales Agent Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2019

2.7
Combined Insurance CEO Joe Vasquez
Joe Vasquez

"Newbie: I'm in training now in Chicago."

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

So far so good. I have just completed my 3rd day of training. So I'm writing this review from my hotel. I am very excited about this new opportunity. I have read some of the reviews on here some negative some positive but I am never going to allow my self to be discouraged by someone else's failure. I will say that this training is intense but I know its going to pay off and I look forward to doing another... review in 3 months to update you on my success. The breakfast at the hotel is very good and the company pays for everything. They fly you in and pay for your lodging. They give you a prepaid credit card that you can use for food and things that you need. My trainer is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. My room is very clean . They shuttle you to and from training and the cafeteria food is pretty darn good. As far as income potential they really give you a positive out look.

Cons

They throw a lot at you in a short time. You have to stay on your toes and memorize a lot of information but you know the old saying no pain no gain.

Combined Insurance2018-08-09

"No Leads with Bad Benefits & Too many Chargeback s."

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

You make your own schedule

Cons

Lot's of Traveling & Territory too Large

Advice to Management

Don't Chargeback your Agent so much

Combined Insurance2019-09-25
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Positive environment"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great positive environment to work in, lots of training opportunities, flexible schedule

Cons

Managers promoted based on sales ability not their ability to lead and motivate others

Combined Insurance2019-05-16

"Only good for educational purposes"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits and educational opportunities

Cons

The management, the pay, and the lack of caring for the agent

Advice to Management

Hire better managers. This company is about PMA and getting out there. You cant do that with mentally abusive managers.

Combined Insurance2019-06-11

"ALL LIES"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

NONE none at all. One week in Chicago that is "All expenses paid!" where they work you so hard that you have to stay up until 2 am studying to keep up. My poor fellow duped employees were the only positive thing about the trip.

Cons

Nothing this company told me when I was hired was true. I would not be trained in my home town, instead while I was in Chicago I was told that as soon as I got home I would be trained somewhere 3 hours from my home... another week in a hotel. Then one week at home and I was pressured into driving three hours away AGAIN for a one day conference that was more like a cult meeting. EVERY morning you have to sign into a... sales meeting, no matter what you are doing, do a stupid cult like chant, and the managers are never on time so don't worry it WILL take more than a full hour. I was constantly denied proper materials and asked to BREAK THE LAW. DO NOT make the mistake I did.

Advice to Management

STOP LYING TO PEOPLE

Combined Insurance2018-07-17

"Account Executive"

Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at Combined Insurance

Pros

I enjoyed the team spirit and the flexibility. I was in charge of my schedule which allowed me to never miss my kids’ events which was important as a single mom if two busy teens. Yes, it’s 100% commissions but if you work the system and actually go to work each day, the income will follow. You must be disciplined and organized in what you do. So many failed because they didn’t want to work each day or follow their... systems. I thought it was a great first time ever sales job. I only left because I moved away and went a different direction with my insurance sales.

Cons

100% commissioned so if you don’t have another source of income in the household, it can bet very stressful and scary.

Advice to Management

Give a base for at least two months. Give more opportunities to advance.

Combined Insurance2018-03-05
  8. "Grueling"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Louisville, KY

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay good commissions-easy to advance to mgmt. Great potential to win trips

Cons

ALOT of driving-long hours to make the money

Advice to Management

Don’t promote too quickly

Combined Insurance2017-11-21

"Growing with the company"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited income- you are paid for your hard work Excellent training- company invests in every one of its employees Bonuses and incentives- keeps employees motivated Always room for growth- you can move up in the company multiple times within a year if you work smart and hard. We are always looking to help you grow. Support- the company and your coworkers are an amazing support system from day one And my... favorite- the feel good from knowing with certainty that you are helping the people in your community to ensure the are protected. My job is to make friends and help people. If you can self motivate, like to talk to people, are social and like everyday to have a little diversity, this is the career for you.

Cons

This is not a job you can sleep through. You need to work hard, especially when you first start. I have seen people reach exorbitant goals in only a few months, but they work hard to get there. You have to work smart to work less, and the hours are not always "while the kids are in school."

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I love my career and you all are a big part of that!

Combined Insurance2017-10-06
  10. "Great opportunity if field sales is your thing, 100% commission based."

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Combined Insurance part-time for less than a year

Pros

Training is provided, which is ok. Benefits are great but not immediate

Cons

The position is 100% commission based

Combined Insurance2017-09-30

"I've enjoyed the opportunity and support that has been given to me."

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Amityville, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited income...generous and attainable bonus structure...ability to build a residual income and career.....ability to help people when they need it most.

Cons

Commission based no can be a bit of a struggle if you don't produce. The leads that are generated from existing and lapsed clients are disorganized and lead to a lot of confusion.

Advice to Management

Streamline the lead process.....up date product lines to compete with the market Stop the parading of successful agents on a weekly basis....makes the culture of office appear more like a multi level marketing gig then a career. Work closer with the struggling agents to help them get through the first year

Combined Insurance2017-08-17