Combined Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Combined Insurance President Brad Bennett
Brad Bennett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We at Combined believe in always having and Positive Mental Attitude, with the tools no training I have received I can accomplish anything (in 20 reviews)

• many levels of management allows for opportunity to advance-Great sales training in Chicago-good field training (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, travel, door to door sales, (in 30 reviews)

• Territory managers are very inconsistent in following through with an agent who has been working beyond the 3rd or 4th month (in 21 reviews)

1. "Not a good place to work"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Excellent training program and licensing program

Cons

Too many meetings , poor management

Advice to Management

Employ more competent managers to help the New agent's

2. "Can't believe Chubb let's this Company carry its brand"

Former Employee - Market Director
    Former Employee - Market Director

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Products are good and competitive

Cons

Out dated business model
    100% focus on hiring agents, they will hire anybody! No screening for realistic skills and competencies that would prove for a candidate’s opportunity for success or viability. Their “Manpower” (recruiting calls) are unbelievable showing that they just want bodies at sales school week after week. They don’t seem to care that there is no agent success! “Manpower Math,” give me a break!
    Many unqualified leaders who have never sold insurance
    No respect for the field agents from Divisional Staff Operations Team.
    Very poor culture
    Agents are nickel and dimed to death while they are starving and starting from scratch.
    No respect for their insured’s. Client confidential information is not safeguarded, its used as a “lead” and their confidential information floats around from agent to agent and is not secure.

Advice to Management

Good luck!!! Knowing what I know now, I am ashamed to have Combined on my resume. I have yet to find anyone who feels that their time at Combined was beneficial to their future in anyway, everyone I have had contact with feels completely embarrassed that they worked there.

"Not a job you can keep doin unless u have no soul!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paducah, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paducah, TX

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training. Fast paced so if u get lost too bad just better pass the exit interviews. You are on your own once your field manager feels he/she taught you enough to make it past the front door. Always able to get help of u need it in the beginning.

Cons

You will be forever goin to training and meeting so if you dont have money already dont do it. Because its going to take money to make the type of money they say you can earn. After all that callin and driving. Rejection . You mightest well get an hourly job at least you wont owe if someone decides to cancel or dont pay.

Advice to Management

Nothing because nothing will change

"No Love at the Combined"

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My paycheck, on pay day

Cons

I'm sure there isn't enough space to write about the cons. It was a very deceiving position, Operations Coordinator really equals call center. Taking up to 200 calls a day, of policyholders who are for the most part abusing their insurance policies to make a living. There are some legit claims but for the most part people have figured out how to use their policies for income. Management, is...ugh, there is so much favoritism, I have never felt like I was in a jr high school until I came here. Pretty much if your on a mgr good side, they will allow you to dress outside the code, not take calls, chit chat all day and walk around. For others you have to write on a spreadsheet every single time you use the restroom, go get a drink, etc. then if it outside your 30 minute lunch and 2 15 minute breaks you have to explain why you were off the phone outside that time. The systems are old and never work. To much data up at the same time you have to just shut down and start the process over. I was told not to trust the information in their go to system it's not updated, so why are we using this update info again? It's a long, stressful day, if the policyholders don't stress you to death, management will. I have never seen people wear some of the clothes that my peers had on, clothes to tight to little, leggings, short short short dresses. Something I found amazing is if you were a bigger sized person you got told on you were out of the dress code but a smaller person with the same offense got to wear their leggings or what have you at their leisure, no reprimand. There just wasn't something right here. The people that have been here for awhile are very very protective and down right sneaky. I had one rep who loves to brag about being in the same seat without any progression for 16 years, constantly correct me, tell on me if she didn't think I sounded like she wanted me to on the phone, etc. I felt like I had 90 supervisors, to say the least I was always picked on, my peers asked all the time why are they always picking on you? I laughed, and told them I was divergent. I am finally away from that God awful place. I will not recommend combines products because their adjusters are rude, and unprofessional and some just have no business in their current roles. I have only encountered a few adjusters that are really helpful, but their adjusters are horrible and some of them are just down right lazy. There is nothing to celebrate here, no fun. The benefits are less than mediocre. There isn't even any perks or discounts as a company this size who usually have. Chubb owns Combined, and I sure hope Chubb doesn't allow Combined to tarnish their image. It's well on its way. There is absolutely no room for growth. None. They want you to answer those 200 calls a day for 2 years before you can get out of the looney bin. No room for advancement. No cohesiveness, or collaboration. No vision for employees, No investment in the talent they have unless your snitching for management, or bringing management lunch. No work life balance. NO time off EVER available. It's just a job, a job to pay your bills until something else comes along. I wouldn't suggest anyone unless your hungry and almost homeless to take this call center position. It's not worth your peace of mind. I'm sure the company site manager, someone in HR will come back with "we try to make Combined a great work place. Sorry your experience wasn't ... " they have HR trolls to make fake reviews ( I actually heard this from a manager at Combined) to make their company seem more desirable. Don't believe the hype!

Advice to Management

There is to much to name for management. I have never seen management this mediocre in a company that has been around for so long. Its just really sad.

Jun 13, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as an Operations Coordinator. It’s true that this position requires a more regimented schedule due to the volume of our calls, and we can... More

5. "Horrible"

Pros

The products was great!
    The culture was nice.

Cons

The team and company was extremely unorganized once you left Chicago.

Advice to Management

Add a base pay since you have so many chargebacks.

"i was a agent"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Lapeer, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Lapeer, MI

I have been working at Combined Insurance (More than a year)

Pros

good training on how not to be talked into bogus comapanys youl learn from the best who talked many a people into things not needed or even worked , ost here lazy and find manuel labor a sin yet take the money of others who did

Cons

lotsa meeting youl pay::::: for a contract that holds you captive """ and a contract wich will knock yr credit score when you fail with no recourse cause of the binding lauguage youl pay owe or credit will be damaged

Advice to Management

reckoning day for bad insurance companys is today felllas nobody needs supplemental that doesen t pay work or intend too and any resuduals you may earn the company will take when you leave or are cand under ther predomentaly ethnically challenged company

7. "Avoid At All Costs"

Former Employee - Agent
    Former Employee - Agent

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training in Chicago was thorough

Cons

I received hardly any training once I got back. Then when I quit, I told my manager that I quit and come to find out that once my account settled it was in the negative because my resignation wasn't reported until 7 weeks after I gave it to the manager. I didn't get my deposit back on my IPAD because it went towards my debt. I should have reported them to the department of labor.

Advice to Management

Stop playing the numbers game so you can get a bonus

8. "Terrible Company to work for"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

None; Complete waste of time

Cons

Too many to count; Unreal expectations.

"Agent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is a total scam

Cons

Terrible company for which to work. Training was OK but local management was dishonest and lazy. To get sales they would up sell current members and have them sign up for new plans with a variation of their name. For example, if someone's name was Daniel Smith, they would have a plan under Daniel Smith, Dan Smith and Danny Smith so it would look like 3 new sales. Once a manager went out with a new rep and because they weren't meeting their goals for the week the manager had a friend with multiple plans cancel them all and rewrite them under his spouses name so it looked like new business. This place is a total scam.

Advice to Management

Fire most of your management or better monitor them.

Apr 18, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this with us. We do not condone this type of behavior and we would appreciate it if you would please provide us with more information at feedback@combined.com so we can... More

10. "Sales"

Pros

Independent job that requires you to work on your own.

Cons

Terrible training that was to the extreme and was not helpful in the real world.

Advice to Management

Completely redo the training program-95% of those that attended when I did no longer work at the company. It was brutal 10 days of 16+ hour days.

Mar 23, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. It’s true that we offer a comprehensive training program designed to help our agents be successful on their own in the field. It’s also true that... More