Combined Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Combined Insurance President Brad Bennett
Brad Bennett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We at Combined believe in always having and Positive Mental Attitude, with the tools no training I have received I can accomplish anything (in 20 reviews)

• many levels of management allows for opportunity to advance-Great sales training in Chicago-good field training (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, travel, door to door sales, (in 30 reviews)

• long hours but still a great company to work for (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Territory Manager In Kansas in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Territory Manager In Kansas in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Company where your earning potential is unlimited as well as advancement. I started my career with Combined in February of 2016 became An Account Executive within three months and a Territory Manager within my first six months with this company. We at Combined believe in always having and Positive Mental Attitude, with the tools no training I have received I can accomplish anything. I recommend Combined Insurance to anyone whom has the desire to help protect people along with making a great living

Cons

This is not an 8-5 job, if you want to be successful you must work hard. Sometimes in the evening hours or weekends. I don't feel this to be a negative because I knew my hard work and dedication would pay off.

Advice to Management

My advice to managers still in contact with your agents, account executive, and territory managers.

Jan 5, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review! As a current employee, your review is especially important to us, and we appreciate your insights. As you mentioned, we prepare our... More

2. "Must be willing to work"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent school training, continuing classroom education in home market.

Cons

Non-existent field training for me after sales school. Inconsistency between markets.

Advice to Management

Do not hire sales people without having quality support staff in the market to continue training and support. .

3. "Employment"

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Feel satisfaction in helping others get the coverage they need to protect themselves for what life might throw at them.

Cons

Do have to work late hours a lot, due to when people are at home and available to meet.

Jul 28, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for this positive feedback! We appreciate that you've painted a realistic picture of what it takes to be successful here. We wish you all the best!

4. "Sales Job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very reputable company that does what they say they will do. It is a great opportunity if you're willing to put in the time to establish a sales career. The commissions are good and they pay weekly for business you closed in the previous week.

Cons

It is a sales career. You need to devote full time and make it your life for the first 6 months to a year. Then if you are good a working referrals you may be able to make it a 50 hour week.

Advice to Management

Follow the program laid out by the company for the first month to two months of a new sales rep's career. The company has a great "cookbook" for success, but not all markets follow it past the first week in the field.

Jul 28, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thanks so much for sharing this positive review. We appreciate that you've laid out what it may take to be successful here. We wish you all the best in your career here with us!

5. "Agent, L & H"

Current Employee - Agent, Life and Health in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Agent, Life and Health in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent work day, flexible B2B or residential direct sales, city or suburb clientele opportunities, basic supplemental Accident/Sickness policies - STD, Critical illness, Cancer Care, Whole Life, Medicare Sup, PLUS new Out-Of-Pocket Minimizer. Fills many family needs.

Cons

6 day/week, long days. In terms of selling to the public, educating the client on the obvious need but then met with 'no thanks'. Realizing how the lack of job security, unpresidented politics, and uncertain future of healthcare costs/coverage adds to apprehensions and slow decision making to buy. Takes a veteran insurance agent to consistently win the battle and achieve the 1 policy per day sale goal and maintain 90% persistency rate. However, it CAN be done, I've seen it first hand!

Advice to Management

Continue recent investment in Social Media. Strengthen big city commitment in targeted advertising - need to raise brand awareness.

Jul 28, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for this positive review! We appreciate that you’ve painted a realistic view of what it takes to be successful here at Combined Insurance. And, thanks for pointing out our recent push to... More

6. "Policy Issue Clerk"

Former Employee - Policy Issue Clerk in Glenview, IL
    Former Employee - Policy Issue Clerk in Glenview, IL

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were great to work with at Combined! It was my first corporate job so I learned many new office skills! The people are what made the company great!

Cons

I would have to commute downtown often to train co-workers and it would take me 1 hour and 30 minutes to make it down there. I would still be with the company if it wasn't for the long commute.

Jun 26, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review! We think the people here are great, too. Although we work in a fast-paced, high energy environment, we strive to create a family-like... More

"Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nassau, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nassau, NY

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Monthly bonuses were offered as a incentive to meet weekly sales goals.

Cons

12-14 hour days were necessary to meet the weekly sales goals.

Advice to Management

Provide medical insurance after three months

8. "Sales"

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Unlimited Income Potential, arranging your own schedule and great products

Cons

No benefits, Commission only and have to be a road warrior. To be successful, have to be out daily!

Feb 10, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this positive, realistic review of what it’s like being a sales agent at Combined Insurance. We especially appreciate having the perspective of a current employee. As you... More

9. "sales"

Current Employee - ECSR/Sales in Summit, IL
    Current Employee - ECSR/Sales in Summit, IL

I have been working at Combined Insurance (More than a year)

Pros

the location of the office is very convinient.

Cons

on the phone sales calls

Feb 10, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a current employee and for rating us with 4 stars! We are glad to hear that the office location is very convenient for you. We wish you all... More

10. "Account Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Account Representative in Dover, DE
    Former Employee - Sales Account Representative in Dover, DE

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent supplemental insurance company to work with. Ongoing training and incentives both financial and trips. Develop lasting relationships with fellow employees that share proven knowledge of account building.

Cons

Lots of on the road and late night time.

Jan 11, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review and for complimenting us by saying we are an “excellent supplemental insurance company to work with”. We strive to create a culture of... More