Combined Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Combined Insurance Reviews

Updated July 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We at Combined believe in always having and Positive Mental Attitude, with the tools no training I have received I can accomplish anything (in 20 reviews)

• many levels of management allows for opportunity to advance-Great sales training in Chicago-good field training (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, travel, door to door sales, (in 30 reviews)

• Territory managers are very inconsistent in following through with an agent who has been working beyond the 3rd or 4th month (in 21 reviews)

"Sales manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pay, benefits, great 401k,advancement opportunity is great

Cons

long hours, travel, door to door sales,

"Agent executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Combined is a great place to work. If you're a hard worker, the money comes. It's great being appreciated for doing a good job. They treat their employees GREAT!! They invest a lot of money to train employees.

Cons

Long hours. However, it pays off in the end.

Jun 14, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this positive review! As always we especially appreciate hearing from our current employees. Being an agent at Combined Insurance is a great position where your earning are... More

3. "Not a good place to work"

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

Excellent training program and licensing program

Cons

Too many meetings , poor management

Advice to Management

Employ more competent managers to help the New agent's

"Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nassau, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nassau, NY

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Monthly bonuses were offered as a incentive to meet weekly sales goals.

Cons

12-14 hour days were necessary to meet the weekly sales goals.

Advice to Management

Provide medical insurance after three months

5. "Can't believe Chubb let's this Company carry its brand"

Former Employee - Market Director
    Former Employee - Market Director

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Products are good and competitive

Cons

Out dated business model
    100% focus on hiring agents, they will hire anybody! No screening for realistic skills and competencies that would prove for a candidate’s opportunity for success or viability. Their “Manpower” (recruiting calls) are unbelievable showing that they just want bodies at sales school week after week. They don’t seem to care that there is no agent success! “Manpower Math,” give me a break!
    Many unqualified leaders who have never sold insurance
    No respect for the field agents from Divisional Staff Operations Team.
    Very poor culture
    Agents are nickel and dimed to death while they are starving and starting from scratch.
    No respect for their insured’s. Client confidential information is not safeguarded, its used as a “lead” and their confidential information floats around from agent to agent and is not secure.

Advice to Management

Good luck!!! Knowing what I know now, I am ashamed to have Combined on my resume. I have yet to find anyone who feels that their time at Combined was beneficial to their future in anyway, everyone I have had contact with feels completely embarrassed that they worked there.

6. "good job"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Combined Insurance (Less than a year)

Pros

very well paying job love it

Cons

there are alot of customers that dont want service

Advice to Management

better pay

Jun 13, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this positive review! We always love hearing from our current employees. We wish you all the best in your career here with us!

7. "Is everyone fake?"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Huntington, WV
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Huntington, WV

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was a commissioned employee so I was on my own most of the time. I was also in control of my schedule for the most part.

Cons

"Fake it 'til you make it". "Positive mental attitude". No matter how bad things get you are told it is great.

Advice to Management

Find a way to make sure your average employees can make a living. "Sink or swim" is not a good mentality for people's livelihood.

"Territory Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

can made a good income

Cons

management staff unprofessional and not helpful

Advice to Management

the management in the south territory is very unprofessional

Jun 13, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Many of our agents share with us that making a great income potential is one of the reasons they love working at Combined Insurance, so thank you... More

"Not a job you can keep doin unless u have no soul!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paducah, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paducah, TX

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training. Fast paced so if u get lost too bad just better pass the exit interviews. You are on your own once your field manager feels he/she taught you enough to make it past the front door. Always able to get help of u need it in the beginning.

Cons

You will be forever goin to training and meeting so if you dont have money already dont do it. Because its going to take money to make the type of money they say you can earn. After all that callin and driving. Rejection . You mightest well get an hourly job at least you wont owe if someone decides to cancel or dont pay.

Advice to Management

Nothing because nothing will change

"No Love at the Combined"

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My paycheck, on pay day

Cons

I'm sure there isn't enough space to write about the cons. It was a very deceiving position, Operations Coordinator really equals call center. Taking up to 200 calls a day, of policyholders who are for the most part abusing their insurance policies to make a living. There are some legit claims but for the most part people have figured out how to use their policies for income. Management, is...ugh, there is so much favoritism, I have never felt like I was in a jr high school until I came here. Pretty much if your on a mgr good side, they will allow you to dress outside the code, not take calls, chit chat all day and walk around. For others you have to write on a spreadsheet every single time you use the restroom, go get a drink, etc. then if it outside your 30 minute lunch and 2 15 minute breaks you have to explain why you were off the phone outside that time. The systems are old and never work. To much data up at the same time you have to just shut down and start the process over. I was told not to trust the information in their go to system it's not updated, so why are we using this update info again? It's a long, stressful day, if the policyholders don't stress you to death, management will. I have never seen people wear some of the clothes that my peers had on, clothes to tight to little, leggings, short short short dresses. Something I found amazing is if you were a bigger sized person you got told on you were out of the dress code but a smaller person with the same offense got to wear their leggings or what have you at their leisure, no reprimand. There just wasn't something right here. The people that have been here for awhile are very very protective and down right sneaky. I had one rep who loves to brag about being in the same seat without any progression for 16 years, constantly correct me, tell on me if she didn't think I sounded like she wanted me to on the phone, etc. I felt like I had 90 supervisors, to say the least I was always picked on, my peers asked all the time why are they always picking on you? I laughed, and told them I was divergent. I am finally away from that God awful place. I will not recommend combines products because their adjusters are rude, and unprofessional and some just have no business in their current roles. I have only encountered a few adjusters that are really helpful, but their adjusters are horrible and some of them are just down right lazy. There is nothing to celebrate here, no fun. The benefits are less than mediocre. There isn't even any perks or discounts as a company this size who usually have. Chubb owns Combined, and I sure hope Chubb doesn't allow Combined to tarnish their image. It's well on its way. There is absolutely no room for growth. None. They want you to answer those 200 calls a day for 2 years before you can get out of the looney bin. No room for advancement. No cohesiveness, or collaboration. No vision for employees, No investment in the talent they have unless your snitching for management, or bringing management lunch. No work life balance. NO time off EVER available. It's just a job, a job to pay your bills until something else comes along. I wouldn't suggest anyone unless your hungry and almost homeless to take this call center position. It's not worth your peace of mind. I'm sure the company site manager, someone in HR will come back with "we try to make Combined a great work place. Sorry your experience wasn't ... " they have HR trolls to make fake reviews ( I actually heard this from a manager at Combined) to make their company seem more desirable. Don't believe the hype!

Advice to Management

There is to much to name for management. I have never seen management this mediocre in a company that has been around for so long. Its just really sad.

Jun 13, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as an Operations Coordinator. It’s true that this position requires a more regimented schedule due to the volume of our calls, and we can... More