Combined Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Combined Insurance Reviews

Updated April 16, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • No Cons some people don't like door to door sales (in 28 reviews)

• Territory managers are very inconsistent in following through with an agent who has been working beyond the 3rd or 4th month (in 21 reviews)

"Incompetent leadership, unprofessional"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

Pros

was promised errors on their end even on executive levels. Never followed through

Cons

From day one after combined school was promised everything - competent training, no to level organization, false promises

Advice to Management

Don't hire an experienced, sales individual then not follow through on a new AE's needs. Technology required to use, never resolved . Set up to fail since hired on . Left a successful job, for a company I looked up afterwards to see if this was even a legit corporation. Wouldn't sell products to anyone personal prospects as I doubted the nobility/ character of this disorganized company . Not sure how they expect anyone to succeed .

Feb 28, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We expect our leadership to be honest and always follow through with ongoing training to help make sure our sales agents have the tools they need to be ... More

"Soon to be Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been a licensed agent for almost 10 years. I have made great money before joining Combined 6 months ago. I must say that with Combined I am making great money but also I have a great up line. We have the best training each and every week. We have Our upline is fully dedicated to seeing each of us meet our goals. There is always some type of incentive going on which your rewarded with more than just a paycheck. It's a family oriented type of vibe with us. After trying out other companies I can truly say I have found the one I want to retire from.

Cons

This may be cons for others but not for me. You have to be dedicated to working full time hours. You have to be accountable for your work days and hours. You must report activity to your manager daily. So basically if your not looking to be 100% committed this isn't the place for you and you will not survive or make any money.

Advice to Management

Having a absolute awesome upline makes it's difficult to answer this question. But since I have to answer it my advice would be to hire less agents, quality over quantity. I have seen to many agents go thru a fully paid for trip to training in Chicago and quit within a month because they don't have a positive mental attitude and not willing to do what it takes to be successful.

Dec 5, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this positive review! We really appreciate hearing from our current employees, and we are thrilled to hear from an experienced insurance sales agent that Combined stands out ... More

"Sales agent"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Combined Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are your own boss pretty much. The only thing you really had to do was check into the office for a meeting in the morning and check once a day with the supervisor.

Unlimited earning potential

Flexible Schedule if your sales are good

Cons

You have to get your own leads

%100 Commisions if you dont sell you dont eat

Leads that are provided suck

Advice to Management

Come up with a better system besides cold calling

Jan 18, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Our agents are a lot like entrepreneurs—they work from their own offices and manage their own calendars. They are paid a virtually unlimited ... More

5. "Why Combined? From an Account Executive, 34 yrs."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We have a tremendous philosophy, PMA. A tremendous selling system. Some of the finest sales training, class room and field. Products are the best ever, and really fill needs. Reward for acievement, awards, bonuses even at agent level, and trips. I've earned 5 yearly trips in last 5 years, Portugal, Hawaii, etc. A track to run on, and many established accounts, where you can feel good about servicing and upwelling. Great leadership, especially the CEO.

Cons

Must be self motivated, or learn it. Some travel, but the rewards of sales overcome that! You get out ...what you put in. Must be teachable, and searching for answers continually. Takes energy, and discipline!

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on making sure the agent is following instructions, making the calls, always be ready to jump in the car, when or if,an agent struggles!

Apr 24, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this positive, insightful review! We especially appreciate hearing from our current employees. Our agents benefit from a week of in-house intensive sales training and ongoing ... More

6. "account exective"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time

Pros

unlimited income, great products, sales support, good overall company, customers service is overall very good. senior management is very supportive of your personal goals

Cons

100% door to door business, very little good lead base, no team work, co-workers going on my new face accounts that were created my production

Advice to Management

if your seasoned agent with a Winning track record, you should be the only one going on your business the you start and created for the company.

Jan 4, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing all these great “pros” about working at Combined Insurance! We especially appreciate hearing from our current employees. As you mentioned, our agents have the ability to make ... More

7. "Awesome Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

The best thing about working with Combined Insurance,is the unlimited opportunities,the flexibility,the ability to increase my income on a weekly/monthly basis.The Income is excellent,and the door is always open to move into management.Combine's CEO.does not hold back in giving the best to the sales force,and meeting at every opportunity to let us know we are important and valued in this company.

Cons

To do well time management is of utmost importance,and proper planning gets great results.

Advice to Management

The management team,should continue to provide the training and resources necessary,and of course the incentives it's a great form of motivation.Eveyone Wins!!

Jan 3, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our company! We especially appreciate hearing from our current employees. As you mentioned our agents have the ability to earn a virtually unlimited income ... More

8. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Providence, RI

Pros

First the company is lead by a person who shakes your hand, makes small talk with you, and thanks you for a job well done.
    Second the company provides you with product knowledge, sales training , great agent service center, and fantastic rewards monitarily and with phenomenal weekends trips.
    Last but not least what I do when helping my customers is satisfying and I enjoy it. Do you enjoy your job.

Cons

These may be not as attracted to some. You must go to work. Sometimes 6 or 7 days a week. You must keep a positive attitude. You must do the right thing for the customer even if it means you may not make a big sale.
    These may be cons to some. But for those who turn negative situations into positive outcomes these become the way to reaching goals and making a good paycheck!

Advice to Management

You need to be very selective in hiring people. There are good people who can do a great job to keep the standards of Combined where they are. Hiring people who don't want to give 100% to the company will not reach their goals or those expected of combined.

Jan 3, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive review! We always appreciate hearing from our current employees. As you mentioned, our President Brad Bennett cares very much about our agents ... More

9. "My time at combined"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Catskill, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Catskill, NY

Pros

My time at combined insurance has been absolutely incredible. I've been with Combined for about a year and a half and it has totally changed my life. This is not just a job but a career. With Combined you make a difference in someone's life daily, what we offer helps people when they are sick and hurt and can't work. It's a very rewarding career you help people at there worst. I've gotten someone back over 35k a few months ago it was the best feeling for me considering they had no idea they had it coming. In my year and a half I have won numerious awards, I won a trip to San Diego, and also I won a trip to Lisbon Portugal which I got to bring my dad on all expenses paid. I can not express how Combined has changed my life I am so greatful for my career at Combined and could not see myself doing anything else. If anyone is on the fence about joining the Combined family....do it, I promise it will change your life!

Cons

I can't really say anything bad about Combined, I have had an amazing expirence. I know that sounds strange and you're probably reading this saying yeah ok but no really I have had nothing but an amazing expirence.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to work with new agents more and teach new agents to recruit.

Jan 3, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you so much for sharing this positive and personal review. It is truly wonderful to hear how much working at Combined has changed your life for the better, and we are fortunate to have agents ... More

10. "Sr Account executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tolland, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tolland, CT

I have been working at Combined Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I earn as much income as I'm willing to work for. I get paid to help people in their time of need. You get to work with an amazing group of people.

Cons

Not everyone you approach is nice but it's just part of doing business.

Advice to Management

Thanks for making me feel appreciated.

Dec 5, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this positive review! We really appreciate it when our current employees share what they love about working at Combined. As you mentioned, our agents have a virtually ... More

11. "Excellent Company!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Griffin, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Griffin, GA

Pros

Combined is an excellent company. I started mid May 2016, and through the leadership in the field, I have won several awards and I won my first sales trip fresh out of sales school. I am unaware of any other company that offers a training and compensation package like this. It is realistic that a person can come out of the week long training and earn a five figure commission in a month. They are not going to hand it to you, you have to work the system and not try to do things your own way or reinvent the wheel.
    Combined compensates with a very nice commission, bonuses, company paid sales trips, and a comprehensive Sales Award program which has been proven to be consistently attainable. Leadership is very personable, down to earth, understanding, and very straight forward. Also depending on where you are located, there is plenty of opportunity.

Cons

At this time I acknowledge no "cons". You have to love being constantly engaged with people, and be the kind of person that has a passion for helping others. We have awesome products that sell themselves. It's not like you're selling vacuums (no offense to those that do), the sale is not hard. You also have to possess self discipline. It's not for everyone. I would have to say that if a person is lazy, a procrastinator, and not self motivated, this is not the place for you. You have to believe in yourself and put in the effort, as well as hold yourself accountable. There are plenty of fast food chains and other places hiring for anyone that just want to work a regular 9-5 and collect a paycheck that barely pays the bills. Some may say that a con is the position is all commission, but with proper planning, budgeting, and consistency, that is not an issue. In this company you have the opportunity to earn a substantial amount of money in a short period of time if you work smart and stay focused.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Combined is a company that trains leaders to lead from the front, and the upper leadership demonstrates a wonderful culture fostering our Positive Mental Attitude philosophy.

Dec 5, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this positive review and for painting a realistic picture of what it takes to be successful in sales at Combined Insurance! We really appreciate hearing from our current ... More