Comcast Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts

Pros
Cons
  • There are so many resources for success the work life balance is really good (in 151 reviews)

• Comcast has gotten a bad reputation for customer service but they are working very hard to turn it around (in 338 reviews)

1. "Good Benefits, Great people"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Comcast really has some jewels in its leadership, and I was fortunate to have been under a leader that really helped to cultivate a culture of professional development and understanding how to become a leader. The skills that I gained working at Comcast were incredible. Comcast has an internal system called CU that allows and requires employees to go in and learn skills yearly, and I think that is a huge benefit- not just to the company itself, but the individual as well. Comcast had great benefits as well.

Cons

Inconsistency across the nation with information being given to customers and employees. It was always a mess dealing with other people from other regions because the policy was different in different markets. Maybe making the policies across the board fundamentally similar with minor changes that can be applied r Gino ally would alleviate that. And perhaps making it easier to locate the new changes to information and policy rather than leaving that up to the responsibility of call center employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive the mission into the support staff, continue to do things to make staff feel appreciated and valued, that is hugely important.

Comcast Response

Jun 22, 2017 – Talent Marketing & Communications Spec.

Thank you for your review and advice. As you know, making the customer experience our top product is something that we are all charged with, from frontline to front office. We value the insights of ... More

2. "It's an okay place to work, but wages have been falling"

Former Employee - Datacenter Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Datacenter Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great
    Most coworkers are great

Cons

Bureaucratic
    Limited opportunity to interface with managers if they are not in the same state
    Very competitive promotions, often leaving deserving coworkers waiting several years
    Very small raises, well below the cost of living increases for the area

Advice to Management

Work to retain the effective employees, and keep the bar high

Comcast Response

Jun 22, 2017 – Talent Marketing & Communications Spec.

Thank you for taking the time to share your pros and cons of your Comcast employment. We will be sure to pass them along to the datacenter managers in Denver.

"Started really well...Ending poorly"

Current Employee - Comcast Business in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Comcast Business in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Comcast Business has been quite the trip. From being given multiple recognition awards to a solid paycheck and a good work/life balance, I feel I have been blessed for the last 2 years. The benefits are pretty good too (Free Internet and Cable having only to pay for equipment, health/dental/vision).

Cons

After 2 years in the same position (exceeding quota 2 years running by %125 and above, and going above/beyond the call of my current role to help the department), I feel they refuse to move me up. They always find some sort of lame excuse as to why I didn't get the last promotion and then hire someone who is less qualified and doesn't even perform well in their current position. Also, as of late, they are holding us to numbers that don't even begin to quantify my success as a representative (i.e. if a customer calls in to cancel, the first rep cancels it and then they call back to see where to return the equipment, the first and second rep who get that call take the hit for the cancellation). The other complaint I have is that they can't seem to tell us what does and doesn't count against us in this new commissions structure. Most people are feeling a complete lack of control over their pay.

Advice to Management

Before making a hire, do a spot check across the floor to see what the Brand of the person you are thinking of hiring is. Also, before making a commissions change, make sure you can actually determine what numbers are being held to, and be able to speak to it. Like I said, most reps are not sure at all where they stand in ranking and why.

"The potential for greatness is there, but a scorpion will be a scorpion"

Current Employee - Xfinity Sales Professional in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Xfinity Sales Professional in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits such as discounted services, pretty fair health care.

Cons

They can't change their ways. No matter what they say they still don't take care of the customer. They tell employees that they do, but processes and short term thinking prevent it. A company driven by numbers and management that does whatever it takes to meet those numbers. A culture of flexible ethics and honesty. VERY to heavy.

Advice to Management

Just do what you say. Walk the walk. Quit saying your going to change, just do it and we'll notice. If customer service is your best product, what does that say about the rest of your business?

5. "IT manager"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, practically free premium package (cable channels, highest speed internet for employees, home security, etc). Quarterly bonuses. Lots of personal time off. They pay you if you don't use your 'flex' time off.

Cons

The salary is not as competitive as most technical companies

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees that go above and beyond. They will look elsewhere, again, because of the salary.

"Tier 3 tech Support"

Current Employee - Tier III Tech Support in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Tier III Tech Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is allot of change in Comcast, which creates an opportunity for growth.

Cons

the only constant in Comcast is change, and not all the change is well thought out and causes major issues and turn over.

Advice to Management

Make sure changes are well thought out and not just a generic move because it worked in the Philippines doesn't mean it will work in tier 3. The training is also really long and you don't learn any thing in training its only once you hit the floor you learn. which adds stress to other agents on the phone, because there trying to assist and teach new hires. which isn't a problem until you put metrics into place foe hold times and trainning Aux.

"Great benefits"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comcast has great benefits, 401 K match, great health insurance plans, tuition reimbursement. Discounts (all Comcast entertainment), cell phone companies, and now Comcast has Mobile platform

Cons

Comcast pays less then other IT companies

8. "Technical Project Manager"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast (More than 5 years)

Pros

Make your own schedule, free cable (sort of), be your own boss (sort of), travel, good benefits, great 401k, great stock purchase and option plan.

Cons

No management direction, no senior leadership direction, and the end goal is sometime hidden. Some managers let subordinates make decisions for them. Question begs to answer who is actually running the department. Lot's of secret agenda's, empire building and silos. Everything here seems to point to making the content side of the house successful first. Difficult to be promoted within a department. There are internal job opportunities but you just don't seem to get called to interview for them and when you do the description does nto fit the role advertised.

Advice to Management

Find some direction and move toward a goal. Not everything is based on stock holder value. Look internally for talent. There are a lot of great people here that would love to be challenged everyday. Find them and the company will get some direction. Listen to your employees.

9. "Voice Engineer"

Former Employee - Voice Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Voice Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Comcast (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Will work with you.

Cons

Training. There is very little training and the people that train you hardly know what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Be more engaging.

10. "No Empathy"

Former Contractor - Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Contractor - Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Comcast as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Potentially fulfilling position with kind coworkers. Stimulating position with room for advancement. Opportunity for growth. Was very excited to start working here.

Cons

Zero compassion. No room for family. No place for personal expression and no second chances. So disappointing. Treat employees like children.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the opportunity to improve and adjust before firing them. Treat your employees like adults.

Showing 307 of 6,238 reviews