Comcast Reviews in Michigan | Glassdoor

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There are so many resources for success the work life balance is really good (in 156 reviews)

• Comcast has gotten a bad reputation for customer service but they are working very hard to turn it around (in 341 reviews)

1. "Public Relations Intern"

Current Intern - Public Relations Intern in Plymouth, MI
    Current Intern - Public Relations Intern in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Comcast as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

-Supportive leaders
    -Great learning opportunities
    -Got great portfolio pieces
    -My boss taught me so much about my industry and gave me great career advice
    -Got to get my hands dirty and was actually given a lot of responsibility
    -Overall, just the best intern experience one could ask for.

Cons

I have no complaints, it was a great experience and I had the privilege of working with a great mentor.

2. "Customer Care Rep in Ann Arbor"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefit package and pay

Cons

High stress, unable to balance work and life, constantly changing metrics to follow

Advice to Management

In the time I worked there I went from feeling like a person to feeling like I was a number on a list. The company grew exponentially during my tenure but unless you were at the top you didn't feel it but you felt the additional workload. Comcast bought Universal, NBC and illumination but didn't invest in the frontline work force, as a matter of fact repair was told to push sales more.

3. "nationwide company with great benefits"

Former Employee - Retention in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Retention in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are truly amazing!

Cons

too many customers or former customers that hate the company and have bad customer service reputation

"A danger to your mental health"

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They did some nice things for their employees. They would feed us at least once a month. Ice machine, coffee, and tea in the breakrooms along with a company kitchen convenience store.

Cons

Unlike other call centers I've worked at, it doesn't matter what anyone told the customers, they would not honor anything unless it was available in the billing systems. They don't bother to pull calls and listen to them to verify if wrong info was given to the customers. Reps would "slam" accounts with services the customers didn't ask for in order to get commission pay. The way they handled commission is awful and encourages bad behavior. The quality team was only about 5 people when I left, compared to about a 500 person call center. Not enough support on the floor, supervisors were never trained as reps, so they have no idea what is going on. Their answer to supervisor calls is having a rep put in a ticket for the supervisor to call the customer, only for the supervisor to 99% of the time just close out the ticket with some excuse as to why they wouldn't be calling them back. Not enough tools to truly make it right for customers when Comcast messed things up for them. The job was so bad, my doctor wrote a note asking to transfer me to a different department, because it was harmful to my mental health. They put me on "indefinite leave" and refused to give me paperwork staring this, and HR ignored my calls. They told me to apply for another position, so I did and they gave it to an outside applicant. They had me on "indefinite leave" for 5 months, so I couldn't collect unemployment, then they finally fired me. They also packed up my stuff at my desk and stole some of my things and my personal medical paperwork that was at my desk went missing.

Advice to Management

Allow your reps to actually help your customers and stop hiring management from outside the company when they don't even know how to use the billing system and have zero knowledge on the products. A supervisor should know the rep's job like the back of their hand. Start hiring supervisors from within. Also, don't make current employees apply for a different department in the company and then give it to an outside applicant. That is so disrespectful. Allow employees to transfer to a different department and don't dangle them in job purgatory.

5. "Job"

Current Employee - Technician in Flushing, MI
    Current Employee - Technician in Flushing, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place, good pay, steady

Cons

None ...good company no cons

"TECHS Be prepared to work"

Current Employee - Installation Technician III in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Installation Technician III in Sterling Heights, MI

Pros

Benefits, PTO, take your truck home. Company iPhone and iPad. Free cable. Lot of freedom, lots of OT! Decent pay but not enough for what you do

Cons

Schedule for a tech. Four 10 hr shifts are nice but you will almost never get off on time. Not enough pay for what you have to put up with and go through. They constantly roll out new stuff and do not train or tell you about it but expect you to know it. And I don't like being on-call.

Advice to Management

Pay your techs more and provide more training. Also, if we have to go on-call at least allow us to recommend dates.

7. "Not Worth the Money or Stress"

Former Employee - CAE Repair in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - CAE Repair in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is Good, it was easy to move up the ladder at one time. Not so much anymore in the call centers

Cons

Supervisors/Managers are horrible, sadistic, maniacal idiots who only care that there is a body in a chair. You can get wrote up for the most ridiculous things by your supervisor and have no recourse to challenge it. Comcast Listens does not listen or even try to help. I got written up because I couldn't come in for 3 days due to being snowed in. Each day was counted against me. My supervisor was a micromanaging, misogynist pig to any lady on the team and when reported, the Manager sided with the supervisor. He, in turn, retaliated and found a call to write me up for. I've never been so happy to leave a place. I don't know why I was so scared to go. 4 years at a place with security is good but the stress and drive was not worth it.

Transparency would also be great.

And if you want to raise prices, come up with a decent excuse. Prices are high enough for people as it is. You're gouging people and they know it.

Advice to Management

Find your humanity.

8. "Account Executive-Inbound Sales"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay
    Team Enviroment
    Awesome Benefits

Cons

Just make sure you are hiring
    True sales professionals.

Advice to Management

Continue the Great work

9. "Great"

Former Employee - Credit and Collections in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Credit and Collections in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was lucky enough to have Great management.
    I also had Good benefits with excellent work life balance. There was room for Advancement.

Cons

I think the pay structure at COMCAST could've been a little bit better. the yearly raises at COMCAST were low in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Management need to empower their employees

10. "Cold Calling"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Base Salary is on the low side but the benefits are pretty solid. Some product training throughout the year and a little sales training from local management

Cons

Too many reps in the same territory plus an inside sales/telemarketing channel that is feed leads in your territory through an aggressive marketing campaign

Showing 190 of 6,381 reviews