Comcast Reviews in Mount Laurel, NJ | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Comcast it's the devil"

Former Contractor - Software Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Contractor - Software Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Comcast as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

nothing I can think of

Cons

too much politics from senior management team and with senior coworkers
    people constantly try to save their ass
    poor working decisions
    no place for new ideas
    definitely not a place if you wanna work and have fun
    In my personal experience I approached manager cause my lead was misbehaving with me but my manager asked me to leave saying I am great fit for the position.
    I could have taken this up to HR since I had two offers from great companies hence I decided to not to waste a bit of time

Advice to Management

unless people and their thoughts are respected this company not gonna do any good

"company does not care about its customers and employees"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

stock option, relative better pay, free cable tv well almost

Cons

do not care about employee

Advice to Management

need to find manager who knows what he/she is doing

"horrible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

The company as whole is a great place to work

Cons

internal politics, too many reorgs, and silent layoffs.

Advice to Management

listen to your frontline employees

"very unplanned"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

There are absolutely no reasons. Comcast has the tallest building in Philadelphia, and rest of the satellite offices are managed very professionally.

Cons

It is all the time fire fighting with no planning or thought. In my 1.5 years, there was not a single town hall meeting.

Advice to Management

Knowledge sharing as to be encouraged. Management should highlight the vision and the business objectives to all the employees in the firm.

"Think twice"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

The benefits package is acceptable. Free internet and cable but you have to live in an area where it is available otherwise you lose out (no reimbursement). Stock options are a plus.

Cons

Managers and above do not know their jobs. They solicate feedback but never react to major issues. Even if you are a superstar, you will get an average or below average rating. I have more than excelled (according to others in other departments) and I still got rated average. While I am not prejudice, the only people that get promoted are women. I have had 5 managers while I was working for this company and all of them had been promoted but not one had any knowledge of their job or the product that they supported.

The last manager that I had before I resigned (abruptly) tried to give my position away to a consultant. This is the same manager that I interviewed for their position but was never asked my opinion from the interview. The same manager took work that I produced and gave it to their manager with their name on it while giving no credit to the original developer. I was lucky when the person that was offered my job came to me and explained what had happened (the consultant had worked under me at another company).

While this may not be the same treatment with all of the senior management, it is certainly the same treatment that you can expect from a good portion of them. They preach teamwork and company values yet each person is only out for themselves and only themselves.

Advice to Management

Put the right people into the right positions. If you want to retain good talent, stop the favoritism, give credit where credit is due, and take care of the people that work hard and know their jobs. Stop promoting people who play the networking game because in the end, you will be left with nothing but a bunch of idiot butt kissers.

Showing 5 of 6,756 reviews