Comcast Reviews in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There are so many resources for success the work life balance is really good (in 161 reviews)

• Comcast has gotten a bad reputation for customer service but they are working very hard to turn it around (in 342 reviews)

"Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door?

The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - CSR2 in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - CSR2 in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonuses and the people make going to work easy

Cons

The starting pay could be better

Advice to Management

none that I can think of

3. "Web Developer"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance, Friendly environment, cultures and values.

Cons

Compensation & benefits could be better.

4. "Focus on Long-Term Success not Quarterly goals"

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation
    Incredibly intelligent coworkers
    Flexible Summer hours

Cons

Constant focus on quarterly results at the expense of long-term planning

"Better than it's reputation"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many pros. Comp is good. Most senior leaders will make the point and time to know their people. Courtesy services. Ability to trial new services and devices before the general public. Growth opportunities and visibility for those who are willing to roll up their sleeves

Cons

The fast pace is not for everyone. Things are very top down. Like in any other company there are many silos, this is exacerbated by some teams not being co-located. There is also a lot of people in the wrong seat in the bus who are just happy to collect the paycheck without challenging the status quo. Cultural disconnect between HQ and non-HQ

Advice to Management

Trim the fat. Only hire A talent and on full time basis. Raise the caliber of your workforce by investing in them

6. "Built for the Employees"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been here for almost 5 years (4 full time, 1 on internships). Great atmosphere, great management. If you work hard you will be rewarded.

Cons

Depends on role and department

7. "Great Place to Build a Career"

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Comcast is a large, growing company with a tremendous amount of resources in many interesting business lines. Many of my co-workers have been at Comcast for over 5-10 years. Comcast treats its employees well and compensation is very competitive. The work-life balance is good, and one can certainly build a career here.

Cons

It's easy to get lost in the shuffle at such a large corporation (even on a smaller team). While most things are pretty formalized (reviews, compensation, etc.), it is sometimes hard to find leadership or training opportunities to further your career and advance. While one can stay here for a long time, it is not always clear what one's career path could or should be within the organization.

Advice to Management

Better highlight training and leadership opportunities. Provide more frequent feedback on performance and help with career planning, etc.

8. "Business Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Business Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Business Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Good coaching and feedback. Occasional sales incentives. Stock options. 401k match. Cafeteria on site. Vending machines as well.

Cons

Metrics are unrealistic. Unless you have a network of people feeding you orders expect to make about $50k here at best.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

9. "Comcast is a big place of work and the Talent Acquisition team did a great job of helping us get acquainted."

Former Intern - Product Marketing in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Product Marketing in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Comcast as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Really enjoyed the activities sent by the team that worked with all of Comcast's interns. Also, enjoyed the team I worked on. It was small, just two. They shared great advice for work and personal life looking ahead post-graduate life.
    I was given an even balance of work. I enjoyed that I was even asked to present in meetings. It built my confidence with public speaking and complimented my personal and work goals.

Cons

The work was in and out. Though I did enjoy what I did and gained many transferable skills that I saw in the other jobs I held after this internship.

10. "Direct Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Development Leader in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Leader in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros of working at Comcast they have many systems in place to provide support.

Cons

Cons too many meetings and chiefs not enough liberty to allow a good learning culture and room for growth. pay structure difficult to hit top tier.

Advice to Management

Advice allow people to share what they have to make a better culture and effective selling environment

Showing 476 of 6,473 reviews