Comcast Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance could be better (in 144 reviews)

• Comcast has gotten a bad reputation for customer service but they are working very hard to turn it around (in 328 reviews)

1. "Communications Tech 3B"

Former Employee - Communications Tech 3B in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Communications Tech 3B in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Comcast (More than 5 years)

Pros

Active and challenging work environment, meet new people everyday, good benefits, opportunities to grow within the company, recession proof, stable work.

Cons

No union in most areas, low starting pay, their matrix used to evaluate your work performance is flawed, 10 hr work days turn into 12, management plays favorites, management will lie to HR to terminate anyone they oppose, Company moto, "It's never enough". They will chew you up and spit you out.

Advice to Management

Be ethical! Don't lie to HR or twist the truth. Who are we kidding! The culture of management in operations will never change. It's one sided and without a Union to protect the workers from abusive power plays, this type of work will never be respectable career choice. Look at it's high turn overy rate and negative customer reviews! I know the CEO, Brian Roberts, expects more from management. Comcast is a great company, it's the cable operations side that needs an overhaul.

2. "Horrible Recruiting process/lack of consistence"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

Will refuse to put you into the department you request to be in, recruiters refuse to contact you again for a position (even if you qualify or were offered it in the first place) if you can't make an interview. I had previously been offered an interview for the tech support position and had passed the assessment for it. I ended up having to take my dad to a doctor's appointment which led to me having to apply for the same position only to be ignored and looked over. There are some major inconsistencies with Comcast's hiring methods. After being rejected for the tech support position I qualify for and desire, I ended up having to apply for a in store sales position. I asked my recruiter why I was being rejected for the other position when I qualified for it previous, she blew over my concerns and tried to convince me to forget my issues with the lack of hiring consistency. She lied to me and said she couldn't contact other recruiters. She became focused on ignoring my valid concerns and trying to get me to interview for a position I told her I wasn't interested in because of my years of working with computers and doing tech support.

Advice to Management

Place workers in departments they had previous qualified for or wherever they show the most experience. Do not offer someone an interview for a position if you refuse to offer them another one in the future. I understand the policy of Comcast is to not consider someone for a job if they interviewed for it within the last 6 months, but I was never given an opportunity to even interview. I understand if the company ignored all my applications for tech support positions if I bombed the interviews but I was never even given me that opportunity. I would have appreciated opportunities to show my abilities and skills in an interview. I will never apply or try to show interest in another Comcast position.

3. "Comcast Tech"

I worked at Comcast full-time

Pros

None, its comcast so it sucks

Cons

It's comcast, so it really sucks a whole bunch

5. "Residential Sales"

I worked at Comcast full-time

Pros

Good benefits, 401K, service discount, health benefits.

Cons

Complicated technology, not customer focused, constantly changing without regard to better servicing the customer.

"DONT DO IT!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and hours

Cons

Horrible mamagement don't waste your time

7. "Comcast needs an enema"

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent product. Good markets. Decent pay and insurance. Stock has done well.

Cons

Most hated company in America.
    Pushes their liberal agenda onto their employees and generates a politically charged environment.
    Mindbogglingly beaucratic and inefficient system of work flow....Customer is dead last.

Advice to Management

Senior leaders leave human carnage in their wake. They fire the talent and replace them with unproven has-beens. The result is a decimated workforce that suffers morale issue and could care less about the customer. What goes around, comes around

8. "Manager"

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, cool technology

Cons

unethical senior leadership, poor work life balance,

9. "Tier 3 Tech support"

Former Employee - Tier III Tech Support in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Tier III Tech Support in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Comcast (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid an ok amount but it enough to deal with all of the crap that will happen to you in that company

Cons

The department sucks, the supervisors are terrible people, the director is too busy to care about his employees, a lot of harassment and unethical practices take place in the ACES department. They lie and say there are lots of chances for promotions but that is ONLY if they like you.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start brand new!

10. "Disgusting culture and morally corrupt company"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Horsham, PA

I worked at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Looks good on a resume

Cons

Terrible systems. Should not be using salesforce! That is a 3rd party CRM. Comcast is the biggest cable monopoly in the country they should have proprietary software to process sales... someone really screwed up maybe 10 years ago when creating the business division. They tried to cut corners and save a buck and now you see the results! Your computer systems are a mess your customers get very angry because of all the internal confusion that has been created through years of mismanagment and unethical sales practices. Your employees know that they are underpaid for the bs they have to deal with and managment is just a boys club full of jocks with an extraordinary capacity for misguided arogance. The VP is such a fat slob its unbelievable, like literally he is morbidly obese and smells disgusting and is constantly trying to push the perverted lying customer abusing dogma that is ubiquitous to every aspect of this company. Comcast needs to be broken up by congress this is an evil monopoly of a corporation that treats both its customers and employees like dirt!

Advice to Management

Go to hell

11. "Review"

Former Employee - Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Medical benifits and 401k match.

Cons

Comcast doesn't value employees, there education or loyalty.

Advice to Management

Stop spending money trying to fix customer service it is not working. Get all CS back in the USA.

Showing 678 of 5,696 reviews