Comcast Reviews | Glassdoor

3,223 Ratings

6,738 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is no work / life balance (in 186 reviews)

• All customer service reps learn how to effectively manage these kinds of customers in time (in 354 reviews)

1. "great place to work if you are qualified"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Very good work-life balance compared to other companies in this industry. Firm policy of only hiring the right people, and as a result we have a lot of very nice, smart, and experienced employees and no-one intolerable or scary.

Cons

Technology, media and entertainment are all high stress industries and we sit at their intersection. It's exciting and fun but it can get stressful. We also are often in situations where what worked before won't work now, so we have to keep on our toes and not be afraid to try something new. Our products are complicated so expect a long ramp-up.

Advice to Management

Need to find new ways to train less experienced employees to contribute quickly.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Strong belief in work-life balance. Management genuinely concerned for employee well-being. Few politics. Great office space and location. Good products

Cons

Could take a more leadership role in the market they dominate.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to make the big decisions.

3. "Good work environment, great people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

The work is challenging, interesting and used by lots of customers and consumers.

Cons

The hiring bar is very high, so finding resources is challenging. There are always competing priorities.

Advice to Management

Make sure to continue investing in career growth and advancement for employees.

4. "quality people, quality products"

Current Employee - Director of Product Engineering in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director of Product Engineering in Seattle, WA

Pros

quality people, meaningful products, dynamic digital-video space

Cons

tight office space at times

Advice to Management

none

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Comtech III in Leesburg, FL
    Current Employee - Comtech III in Leesburg, FL

Pros

The company as a whole is a great place to work. The problems i have had with working here are small and cant be helped. in my field, you get to take your van home, free cable, flex days(64 hours a year), vacation days (2 weeks a year), medical dental vision, and many others.

Cons

always changing so if you cant change and grow its not a job for you. i have seen many people come and go because they couldnt change with the company. it can be easy sometimes to get lost in the mass of employees so stand out.

Advice to Management

when you get a good supervisor in place dont move him.

"A great place to work with excellent benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Southfield, MI

Pros

It's more of a family run business than a corporate environment. We are more a part of the big picture than a small segment of the business and tend to work across channels. The cost of benefits are very inexpensive compared to other large companies. The 401k plan is a 1 to 1 match up to 6% of your contribution. There is an employee stock plan that allows you to purchase stock at a 15% discount. The perks of being in the entertainment business is that many events are sponsered and hence free tickets are available to employees on a regular basis.

Cons

The pay could be a little higher, but then again it is offset by the low cost of benefits and friendly working atmosphere. Compared to other large corporations, the pay could be bumped up a bit. It is known throughout the ranks that they do not pay as well as other companies, but on the good side, the employees don't really complain. The main reason is the great benefits and fringes. I really don't have anything bad to say about the company and so to use up the 100 words I am going to keep typing this response until all the words are used up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but look into consolidating some of the decentralized functions. It seems that every location has an accounting team, warehouse team, etc. I believe some of these functions could be more centralized thus increasing the bottom line.

7. "Comcast is a fair reasonable place to work."

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

They encourage self empowerment, and equal oportunity. They require skills updating and help keep you up to date. They hire excellent people.

Cons

The work load is a little overwhelming at times, but they encourage vacations.

Advice to Management

Let us know we are in a stable work environment as the economy is shakey and making people nervous.

8. "Comcastic Growing Pains...."

Current Employee - Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Southfield, MI

Pros

Fast paced, cutting edge company. Diverse workplace and lots of growth opportunities. Awesome benefit package and plenty of room for career growth.

Cons

Lots of reorganizing and no job security. Seems like company grew too fast. Bad customer service is a terrible problem. When you say you work at Comcast people always equate that with a company that providews terrible customer service. I am proud to work at Comcast....I wish we had good customer service so that customers would be able to depend on good service.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with lower level employees, continue to explain the competition and how we can help. Get the call centers and techs to provide better customer service so we can get out of the tanks and out of the news for having the worst customer service.

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

There are many great reasons to work for Comcast, but I would have to say that it is always challenging and exciting. We thrive in an environment where anything and everything can happen and we are quick to respond. There is always a new initiative to work on or learn about, or a new product being launched.The employees are great, a family culture. The senior leaders are extremely talented and driven. They are committed to the success of the business and their employees. I've had 4 different positions in 5 different locations in my tenure and have never had a leader that I didn't respect. I learned so much from each of them and was able to take that knowledge to the next position. There is an abundance of available training and enrollment is strongly encouraged by senior management, even if it means time away from "the business" or your team.

Cons

The communication of bundle, pricing and packaging changes can often times be confusing and/or contradictory to other information. New or revised package codes and campaign codes often do not appear in the order entry system until after a campaign or bundle launch date, making it difficult for CAE's to create accurate workorders. This often leads to repeat calls so the correct codes can be added on later when the customer receives their bill and calls in to ask why they didn't get the campaign they were promised.

Advice to Management

Continue to take risks and do the right things for the good of the business, even if it includes downsizing. Despite the competitive landscape and economic concerns, I'm confident that Comcast will continue to be the superior provider in the industry.

"Comcast the best place to work and the fastest way to drive your career"

Current Employee - Occupational Support Specialist in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Occupational Support Specialist in Sandy, UT

Pros

Comcast is a very well established company, support is always around when you need it and people not only want to help you succeed they want to push you up the latter of success

Cons

As long as you show up to work when your expected there are no downsides.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The other day my father said "All CEOs are currupt, they are out for only themselfs and could give a crap less about the rest of us". I told him "My CEO is probably one of the best men alive, I dont know him in person but he keeps me employed, gives me job security and keeps me happy" my father doesnt usually accept such a blatent comeback but on this one my mom steped in and said "Listen to your son" ... he had to shutup then

Showing 6,738 of 7,019 reviews