Comcast Reviews | Glassdoor

3,175 Ratings

6,648 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mount Prospect, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

free cable and INTERNET good benefits

Cons

Management was not train to handle different cultures of people and different personalities

Advice to Management

Re train supervisor to handle different personalities

2. "Low pay"

Current Employee - Tech in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Tech in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The techs and direct supervisors aren't bad. We have each other's backs no matter what. Freedom on the road is a plus, couldn't go back to factory life

Cons

Manager and up have no clue..........they try to treat techs like dogs and the pay needs to raise. I've been here three years and make just as much as a new hire out of class, but they want me to train them. Has gone severely downhill since Brian Roberts took over.

Advice to Management

Adjust pay better for current techs as time goes on. Listen to your front line more often.

3. "Techs"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Carol Stream, IL
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Carol Stream, IL

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work outside, bosses stay in the office mostly

Cons

Quantity over quality, always. Bosses didn't care about the customers.

4. "Okay play to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good work environment
    - Great plan in place to move up, IF you can move up.
    -Discount on cable
    - Depending on the management your under you get some people who are and some people who don't care if you quit or not

Cons

-The health benefits are great if you don't have health issues and your healthy as a horse.
    - Pay is really low especially if you have a supervisor that isn't willing to help you move up.
    - SUCKS at communication especially if they are employees that work in a store and are employees from other countries.
    -The relationship with other agents. If your trying to get your job they give you a ton of push back and you get taking the blame for the customer.

Advice to Management

Remember not everyone can live off the same wage . You need to create better communication for ALL employees

5. "Great learning experience, in a negative sense."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good, income potential good with uncapped bonus potential. Good hours with shift options.

Cons

1) training was a night mare. Not because the the knowledge base was not there but the changed where they were going to place us, not once but 3 times in the 2 week training period. Some of the possible options I had no experience in but that didn't seem to matter. In the end it came full circle to the orginal area we interviewed for, all that stress and confession for nothing.
    2) transition was unorganized when walked to the floor still not knowing who our supervisor was, no one even knew where we where expected to sit. When finnally sat several times it was decided that it was a mistake. This went in for the entire week. Some of us left behind if the team was moved on their day off, finding no where to sit upon their return. This lead to us spread out randomly throughout the floor, not getting the help or attention needed as a new hire. This continued untill our supervisor was decided and moved to our finnal team.
    3) management and employees have a huge disconnect supervisor teach change in service to wow the customer, to better their reputation. Their rating is in the negative below zero rating among customers, they hired an outside company with a multi year plan to change it, spending millions in training, marketing, and branding. I give them major props for this and there are some success and changes being made. Employees voice is being heard on some levels with positive results. But supervisors don't hold themselves to what they teach, example- the policy told to employees is if customers asks to speak to your manager to tell customer it will be 24-48 hrs for a return call. You then email the info to your supervisor. It's common knowledge if asked supvisors do not return customers calls. That customer will call in again and justifiedly so very upset and angry. Even more frustrating is when the agent gets scored by customer in s survey they get marked down for something prior out of their control. In a defense supervisors appear very over worked, always off floor away from their teams in meetings. They have no assistance with time consuming tasks that are not sensitive in nature, other call centers I worked have a team lead to do these tasks and assist with coaching, and driving the team. The supervisors need the tools to manage their time better, and get on board with what they teach to better the company.
    4) supervisors are not in touch with how to handle HR issues or proper technical conversation of OSHA privacy. What can and can not be said or asked. I have experience myself or seen.

A supervisor tell an employee that the supervisor had a family member who is a nurse, they said the illness was not serious. Not sure why they needed leave.

I employee returning from leave without a activated badge or system access, the supervisor told employee that those were not his job, proceeded to do nothing to assist.

Seen myself many employees and I myself have experienced problems with Sidwyck, the company who handles many of our leave benefits. They are flat a horrid company making many mistakes, then will deny you for their mistakes. Lost faxes , changed policies midway, short time frames even with their mistakes. It seems they are hired to protect Comcast bottom line, not as a benefit. Comcast to my knowledge has never investigated the claims or even questioned why employee's have so many problem. Supervisors do nothing to assist. Many employees seem to get lost and either quit or get fired on a tectinal issue I believe probably no fault of theirs, either way they are gone.

I was once coached once just weeks out of training the entire session was spent showing me how much money I cost the supervisor pay check. If I had performed at the same level as the rest of team he would of made $x.xx but I dropped him to $x.xx . Then proceeded to explain how had he could get me fired. To forget HR and time lines. He would write me up everyday 1-2-3 strikes your out, gone in a week. He gave me a month, but in two weeks I was moved to another floor and department. He told me he was doing me a favor. Sups would talk loud in front of employee how they wish they could trade you for another... Very toxic enviroment at times.

Advice to Management

* practice what your teaching for customers.

* Show empathy to staff struggling with health problems.

* Up management needs to get support for floor supvisors.

* Continue to better your company for the customer.

* Forget the "I am Comcast" the campaign is dead it even has the same letter font as " I am Jazz" the reality show about transgender teen. Not that the show has any negative influence, Jazz is awesome. My example is your out dated with it. One of your biggest problem is each department feels it's Comcast, standing alone. That's why they cold transfer. Thats why they give attitude to customers, if their department can't do it, well it can't be done. It's just not the case. Should be " Comcast United " or "Comcast, building the foundation of satisfaction" then market how each department forms the foundation of Comcast. With one the foundation weakens and fails. But get away from the " I am Comcast" your defeating yourself with each department thinking they alone form the company, no team work, no joining and customers pay the price.

6. "GOOD FOR THE DIVERSITIES IF THEY ARE IN THE RIGHT GROUP"

I worked at Comcast full-time

Pros

Good Benefits overall. Salary not upto the market and qualification.

Cons

Managemet and HR are together. If you have any issue don't expect fair justice from HR since they will take side of the management all the time. If you are among the diverse community make sure you are in the right group where the lead or management is able to understand the diversities. There are some groups with the lead and manager who lacks understanding of the diversities and have bullying attitude , more comfortable with the mainstream people. There are some groups like this, not all the groups are like this. So, make sure you are in the right group otherwise you wont get fair treatment.

Advice to Management

Try to understand the diversities and there way of working instead of having bullying attitude and cracking whip on them.

7. "Business account Executive"

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

They are a great company to work for

Cons

Territory / shrinking too small to grow

8. "Good place to work"

I worked at Comcast (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free-ish cable
    Fun work environment
    the people are nice
    good leadership

Cons

the pay could be better

9. "Very worst interviewer"

Pros

Nothing good they are wasting time

Cons

Very worst interview process and interviewing person...waste of time

Advice to Management

Before calling a candidate for an interview check the candidate has experience in particular domin and then ask them to come for an interview... Try to give a JD about the job.

10. "Stay away if you can"

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

Comcast does offer a competent benefits package, however it is only competent, not amazing.

Cons

Comcast employees are consistently the lowest paid in the industry. This is stated as being a result of the benefits and complementary services however the financial difference does not add up and again, many other companies offer superior benefits. Comcast has previously stated that their goal is to foster an environment where the employees are valued, however the reality is anything but as management seldom has time for employees and the distrust from leadership to the front line continues to grow as a result of failed promises and two faced decisions.

Advice to Management

Make your employees your priority. Build relationships with them and focus on how to best utilize each employees strengths and move them to a position where those strengths are best utilized. That boosts the employees self-esteem and also benefits the company from a talented worker doing a job others may not be as skilled in doing.

Showing 6,648 of 6,919 reviews