Comcast Reviews in Rockville, MD | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great job"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Comcast (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, flexibility, the people I work with

Cons

Upper leadership is not very organized

2. "technical support technician"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

nice co workers, job is garanteed because there is always work to be done. Good benefits

Cons

bad management, force employers to work even on their days off

Advice to Management

more training and also submit myself to employers feedback

"Managed Property Sales Professional"

Current Employee - Managed Property Sales Professional in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Managed Property Sales Professional in Rockville, MD

Pros

Love the hugely discounted rates for home cable, internet and phone service.

Cons

Micromanagement at it's best by mid-level managers who are unorganized and lack proper follow up skills to enable their Sales Professionals to do their jobs efficiently and effectively. Too much political nonsense that doesn't make sense and the excuses for their behaviors don't add up.

Advice to Management

Remember what it was like when you were a sales person and stop the deceptive practices of favoring the new hires via nepotism for turf assignments and forgetting about those who were in the company first! Tell the truth regardless of it hurts! Learn to follow up! No one should have to send multiple emails to receive answers to assist their customers.

"DSR"

Former Employee - DSR Winback Representative in Rockville, MD

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Cable and good health benefits as well as good matched retirement

Cons

Management constantly micromanaging you even when your sales are off the charts. Then lets talk about the constant changes in selling tactics that are being pushed on everyone no matter how well you yourself are doing. When I say I was exceeding sales lets say by 150% or more and yet I was being forced to follow selling tactics that were in my opinion not my style and they truly were beyond my moralistic way of selling. When I say this I am saying they were dishonest ways of selling that effected my integrity. Comcast trains their employees to sell on lies and to not worry about the ones you have sold and don't distract yourself with their problems and sell, sell, sell. I wasn't for what I referred to as churn and burn sales. I cared about my customers so the reason I am not with Comcast anymore is obvious. I would really think twice about gaining employment from Comcast because it will burn out the best sales reps and leave you an empty shell of the former sales person you were. You risk your integrity by association.

Advice to Management

My advice isn't just to management but to the heads of Comcast as well as Brian Roberts. You can't gain sales on lies. Yes you might gain back old burnt customers but if you burn them a second time they won't accept the sales reps lies and will stick with whom they have. Customers aren't stupid even though you like to think they are. The customers aren't driven by sales price alone and want quality customer service. Something you seem to lack grasping. Stop trying to falsely emulate that Comcast cares and really do something about the terrible customer service you have. Stop trying to bandaid fix it. Also, you won't keep quality sales people by messing with commission structures and forcing those sales people to validate their whereabouts through GPS locator. You can't keep quality reps by forcing them to sell products through dishonest fashions. Stop trying to add products in the lineup when you can't even handle the products you currently have. And for gods sake please find a better source of equipment for your security system that doesn't look like it was designed by fisher price.

"It's okay alot of hours"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no one looking over you back when you work.

Cons

Progression scale has changed making it difficult to move up.

Advice to Management

Need to have better incentives.

"Door to Door Sales Representative (DSR)"

Former Employee - DSR Winback Representative in Rockville, MD

Pros

Good Health Insurance and Courtesy Services like TV and Internet

Cons

Too many to list.....constantly changing commission structure which is Comcast trying to find a level that lowers commissions in the broad scheme and the last change did just that! It lower the average commission by around 1000 or more a month. They also increased sales goals for most months during what they call the busiest months but most saw no increase in sales but rather a decrease and a clear drastic loss of income. Also, management use to give some leeway towards bad periods and take into account your overall sales performance but not anymore. If you fail to perform in just one two week interval you are written up and in that first write up you have to keep your sales on track for 6 periods aka 3 months or you go to stage 2 and if you don't perform in the next 6 periods you go to stage 3 then the next failed period and their showing you the door. They will badger you until you quit which is their MO by the way. They do this to avoid having to pay your unemployment. If you resign they will deny you unemployment. I was a top performer so I left on my own accord. I got a better job. Also, they micro manage to the MAX! Your devices have GPS on them and trust me they do check your every day location and have fired those they caught not we're they were suppose to be. I will tell you if you can .....Don't consider his company as your employer. They are the worst employer I have ever worked for when it comes to management. They use to pay well and will tell you all the lies about making 6 figures...don't believe them!!!! It's never going to happen. Anyone making that or close to it is what we call bait. Management lines those sales people with sales to lure new sales people in. I've seen it and know it's true.

Advice to Management

Learn how to truly run a team of sales people. Treat them with respect. Stop the micro management it doesn't work. Stop all the team meetings aka huddles. There are too many and it takes valuable time away from sales time in the field. Stop listening to outside sales pitches from so called companies claiming they have the tools to makes sales people successful. Hire people with sales experience instead of anyone that can breath and work rediculous long hours and weekends.

"Direct Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

The only pro is getting free cable and Internet.

Cons

Loooooooong Hours, extreme Micromanagement through GPS on your phone and or iPad that you must have on at all times while working. Oh, they will tell you it's for your safety but it's there so their in house team that surveys where you are can report their funding to local management. They monitor your door knocks. Even if you get sales, if the door knocks are low they will insist you work well past your night time cut off hour to get the door knocks up. You have no personal life as a result.

Advice to Management

Hire people that have sales experience instead of hiring any warm body and paying all that money to train yet to only fire the new hires months after for non performance. Stop changing the commission structure every year. Make all sales count for full payout such as referrals aka off turf sales which you only pay at 20% unless one meets your crazy unattainable structure of sales. Few can and most will fail. This use to be a $100,000 plus job but now one is lucky if they can make $60-70,000 and that's only if they work like a dog.

"Hostile/Retaliatory Work Environment, Poor Leadership, and Unprofessional- BEWARE"

Current Employee - MDU Direct Sales Representative in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - MDU Direct Sales Representative in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-MDU Sales role gave you complete freedom to plan your day as you would wish.
    -Day starts at noon most days
    -Commision is attractive

Cons

-I had an issue with my manager, went to HR and filed a Comcast Listens; then LITERALLY a my manager got pissed off and began retalitating against me. I went to HR AGAIN but they allowed her to run a muck
    -Favotism amongst leadership
    -Your never off! In sales I know you must be available BUT there is no home/work balance!
    -management is positions because of the relationship with other management not because of job experience

Rockville was/is a complete nightmare! inwrote several emails to higher level HR executives that are now interviewing Rockville! Beware

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees as numbers, and really create a healthy work place! Understand bullying is not acceptable in the workplace; and managers throwing tantrums for being calling on the carpet is petty. The culture and values up at the top should be universal throughout the company! Someone needs to go through Rockville and CLEAN HOISE!!! I was so bad I gave my two weeks

9. "door to door sales"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits friendly environment

Cons

lack of support from management

"Direct Sales Representative, Rockville, MD"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefit, free tv, phone & internet

Cons

Comcast uses GPS to track employee's even on their off days.
    Tracking you while you are with a customer it really slavery. Work days are from Tuesday to Saturday. Management wants you to answer your work phones on your off day which is Monday and Sunday. They always fill your blackberry with emails an new incentives on your off days, just to make you work.
    Pay structure changes every six months. Paying for your sales only when install, with a two weeks pay for commission there's possibility your sales might not get install in time for commission pay, which means you work for free. The labour department needs to watch "Comcast Business Practice Towards Employee"

Advice to Management

Management should listen to their reps. Give the door-to-door reps better promotions. Stop sending reps to be at customers doors late at night looking for sales until 9:00pm. Remember that's why your employees are not acknowledging your $500.00 referral program. Start treating your sales rep as adult not kids. "Watch The Boss" and see how CEO's work on lower level to see what your sales reps go through out in the field to bring in those sales.

Showing 13 of 6,768 reviews