Comcast Reviews in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There are so many resources for success the work life balance is really good (in 161 reviews)

• Comcast has gotten a bad reputation for customer service but they are working very hard to turn it around (in 342 reviews)

1. "Strong Financial Earnings - Stable & Tech leader."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, industry leader, strong financial earnings year over year. Great vacation package, education assistance and 401K options.

Cons

Growth potential limited unless you are open to relocation. Constantly reorganizing, centralized structure can limit ability to make strategic decisions. Change is frequent - job security isn't a given.

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward long term employees with growth opportunities. While the benefits are great salaries are at the lower end of the range compared to other similar companies.

"I have been, and continue to be surprised."

Current Employee - Business Account Executive I (BAE1) in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive I (BAE1) in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am blessed with one of the best teams in the nation, both in terms of performance and character. I can trust my teammates to not poach sales from my territory, they are a genuinely fun group, and their professionalism and skill have helped me to improve.

I didn't want to take the job at first, because of Comcast's reputation - but leadership has put over a billion dollars behind the talk of putting the customer first. There is still a road ahead, but real change has happened - in just the two years I've been there.

Cons

Management expects high standards - this is not a role where you can punch a clock or float by (and make any money). Expectations are so high, that they are occasionally truly unfair. However, my supervisor tries to help me reach those goals - and together we nearly always succeed.

If you hit quota every month, for all metrics, you will likely be in the top 15% of your market - or better.

Advice to Management

Bring the BAEs and BSRs together. Our worst competition comes from inside the company. And since collaboration between our roles is actively discouraged, this leads to a toxic relationship. This is one place customers often get caught in the middle, and are disserviced.

"The good and the Bad"

Current Employee - Xfinity Sales Professional in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Xfinity Sales Professional in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are paid very well, and the benefits are amazing.

Cons

Very high pressure, If you dont drink the Kool aid you probably wont become a manager

Advice to Management

Promote the hard working people, not the ones who drink the kool aid

4. "CAR Events and Marketing Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Comcast as an intern

Pros

The growth potential at Comcast is fantastic. This internship was ambiguous which allowed for me to take what was given to me and run with it in any way that I wanted. I was able to pioneer some of my own responsibilities as well as take some projects further than expected. I learned a lot and it is a great company culture to be a part of.

Cons

The reputation. However, my experience was really positive. When people hear that you work for Comcast they roll their eyes and that is hard to see sometimes. If you need a lot of structure and direction in a job, this role might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Increase communication between HR and management when it comes to Internship structure and clarity on intern responsibility.

5. "Innovative fast paced"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, product discounts, different schedule options based on job duties and bonus or sales commission available for customer facing employees.

Cons

Would like better increase than 3%. No progression plan available for operation support departments. Different goals for team who should be working together for better results

Advice to Management

We have been working to improve our customer service however employees do not receive equal treatment.

"Comcast Enterprise Account Executive - Don't DO IT.. unless they Get Real and start 100% disclosure."

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hire good people. The training is good. The benefits are great. They have made the customer experience their #1 product and are serious about improving their horrible reputation. They just started a formal system that takes suggestions from the front line workers and actually tracks the suggestions and forwards them. The management at the front line was great.

Cons

They hire good people but don't provide accurate information about the compensation plan in the hiring process or in the Enterprise Account Executive offer letter. In my case, the Comcast program to report unethical behavior, Comcast Listens and Comcast Solutions turned into a case of deny and delay hoping I would go away.

Advice to Management

Don't withhold the sales compensation plan until AFTER you hire someone. If you're ashamed of what's in it, change it, don't play hide-the-sausage and spring it on someone after they start the job and give up their other options.
    Don't provide over-inflated offer letters that have unrealistic first-year target compensation that few if any ever hit. Put the average first-year compensation in the offer letter.
    Don't talk about a 6 month ramp in the interview process if you know it's really 18-24 months.
    Don't talk about a generous 6-months of guaranteed commission in the interview process when it's only paid for 5 months and not close to bringing the monthly pay to the offer letter monthly rate.
    Disclose the concept of "zero month" and delayed payment of commissions to new hires before hiring them, so when they don't earn ANY commission during that month, and don't get any guaranteed commissions paid for 90 days, they aren't surprised.
    When someone goes through the required dispute processes (Comcast Listens and Comcast Solutions) as a whistle-blower and points out deceptive hiring practices, thank them and acknowledge your mistakes and change the misleading practices. Don't deny wrongdoing and retaliate by forcing the whistle-blower to quit after 13 months of stonewalling.

7. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to work.

Cons

Difficult to transfer to other locations

Advice to Management

Positive attitude

8. "Business Account Executive"

Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High quality products easy to sell.

Cons

Quite a bit of micromanagement, overly high pressure to perform.

Advice to Management

Allow reps to have more autonomy in personal time management.

9. "Network Technician"

Current Employee - Network Technician in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Network Technician in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work independently, different things every day, constantly having to use my brain.

Cons

Topped out in the position and no appealing avenues out.

10. "Summer Intern"

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great people, pay, and they put you to work

Cons

none, I really enjoyed the internship

Advice to Management

none

Showing 100 of 6,475 reviews