Comcast Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

3.9
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
4,758 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great Company to work for great benefits(in 1448 reviews)

• "Pretty much free cable/internet(in 837 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work Life Balance tends to be difficult in WFH(in 281 reviews)

• "Being in touch with upper management for job growth(in 201 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Comcast and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Jan 20, 2021 - Senior Data Manager in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work, Work/Life balance, Autonomy, Good benefits

Cons

No cons that to report

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Jan 3, 2021 - Corporate Trainer in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Invests in employee development, excellent leadership on local and national level, outstanding benefits, work remote opportunities in many positions, solicits employee feedback through surveys

Cons

Constant operational changes are overwhelming, not enough time for training to keep up with changes, employee communication is a challenge, position changes often lead to pay reduction even those seen as a promotion. Work/Life balance has suffered during COVID epidemic.

Content Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide some feedback and will ensure we pass along this information to the appropriate people.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Interesting and fun technology, horribly toxic company

Nov 24, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of opportunity to learn and grow, interesting products and services to work with, good benefits, average pay

Cons

Very political environment, retaliation, poor work life balance, ethical problems galore, a lot of dishonest and unethical behavior and pressure to be dishonest, toxic culture, very superficial, public berating, weird racial dynamics, conflicts of interest, profit over people, management has a habit of not following through on commitments. Throughout the entire time I worked here it was quite apparent that appearances and profit are everything. Managers instructed us to lie to government regulators and destroy documents relating to regulated activities. I witnessed immigration status being used as leverage to get immigrants to do unethical and/or illegal things. I experienced retaliation for reporting ethical concerns. Don't get me wrong ... there are good people at Comcast, including some really good managers. However, this is the most toxic environment I've seen in a 20 year career, and I left this place doubting my own sanity after years of gaslighting and abusive behavior from an exceptionally bad manager.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

XSP

Jan 8, 2021 - Xfinity Sales Professional XSP in South San Jose Hills, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company & culture Fun team & company events Excellent products & innovation on them Great work/life balance

Cons

Management is very political, you feel it right when you start. Favorites are picked. Compensation plans changed every 6 months to a year, with a promise of it being better to find out you're doing more work for less pay. High churn

1 person found this review helpful

Content Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review and for your honest feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our customers and our employees. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Sales Role Review

Jan 22, 2021 - Community Account Representative in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, work life balance and flexible hours

Cons

No room for growth in this role unless you pursue other jobs in other states

6. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Best Company I've Worked For

Jan 17, 2021 - Data Scientist in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting problems to solve, great work-life balance, awesome campus, projects that have a true customer impact, great team, good pay.

Cons

Communication among teams could be better.

Content Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and your time with us at Comcast – best of luck in your future endeavors!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Jan 8, 2021 - Engineering Analyst IV in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of potential for growth within the company depending your team and function. Great work life balance

Cons

Improve on employee centered function even on a virtual basis

Content Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. Supporting our employees in all aspects of life is important to us. We’re happy to hear you have had a great experience at Comcast. We appreciate your review. We understand the importance of work/life balance. We provide ample paid time off, such as vacation, flex time, and holidays to help you support you during the times health and relaxation take priority.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Comcast was a great place to work

Jul 29, 2020 - Xfinity Sales Executive in Layton, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm very happy with my 5 year experience with Comcast. The training was great. The benefits were very good. 401K was great at 6% match. Profit sharing was ok. The pay structure was fair. The incentives were up and down but overall a great perk. Good flexibility for top performers. Work/life balance was very good. I felt very well taken care of, most of the time, at Comcast.

Cons

Management could get a little testy about some things. Super sensitive to team culture. Over reactive to 'small' things. Micro managed if you were under performing. Health coverage was good but still cost me about $400/mo. My job doesn't exist anymore thanks to Covid-19 and upper management/bean counters.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company for network engineers

Jan 13, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good networking engineering opportunities. Moderate Work-life balance.

Cons

Not the best place for the software engineers

Content Marketing Specialist

We appreciate your review. We want our employees to have the best experience possible working at Comcast and your feedback is important in achieving that goal.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 12, 2021 - Senior Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Work-Life balance and great teams

Cons

I do not have any negative comments at this point

Content Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review and for letting us know that we’re on the right track. We love hearing examples like this that demonstrate what makes working at Comcast so special. We think it’s pretty special too.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 624 Reviews