CommScope Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
CommScope President & CEO Marvin (Eddie) S. Edwards, Jr
Marvin (Eddie) S. Edwards, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They pay and benefits are great, but will not make up for the complete lack of work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Work/life balance here was excellent (in 9 reviews)

"Horrifed and shocked!"

Pros

There is nothing to say here

Cons

Where do I start? I have never encountered such mean spirited and abusive managers. This is truly an old school company and not in a good way. They haven't changed with the times and think higher salaries make up for that. No amount of money is worth it. If you value your sanity and you have morals, do not come here.

A previous commenter sums it up well. This company is empty and only cares about the money. There is no passion or purpose. There is no 21st century leadership. Just empty suits who talk the talk but don't walk the walk. And there is no innovation, despite what they say. This company knocks down new and innovative ideas. Management does not welcome anything progressive.

One last word. Beware! I do not want anyone to end up stuck here like me.

Oct 27, 2017 – Human Resources

Firstly, we appreciate your review and your honesty. In order to provide a better response, we are wondering if you would be interested in providing more information related to your concern about... More

"Company grew, leadership did not"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at CommScope full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No pros to add at this time.

Cons

Management has not been upgraded as the company has grown through acquisition.
    Managers don't develop their employees, set them up for success, or expose them to the next level.
    My manager did the minimum to get by while other managers sought out work, dissected their business to support operations.
    Benefits were expensive, management did not stay true to their commitments.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your stale managers. Invest in your employees. Contribute more to reducing insurance expense. Develop advancement opportunities for up and coming managers.

Jul 5, 2017 – Content Marketer

"Dismayed by "Ethics" Award to Frank Drendel"

Former Employee - Operational Management
    Former Employee - Operational Management

I worked at CommScope full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many good people there, especially technical talent. Some areas of the business well managed - depending on the quality of the local manager.

Cons

When I read this morning that Frank Drendel has been awarded the Bresnan Award for ethics in business, I felt sick to my stomach. In all my years of working, CommScope was - by a large margin - the least ethical company I have ever worked for. I have first-hand knowledege of bullying by managers. I know of four occasions where bullied employees have appealed to HR to protect them. In each of these four cases, it was the employee who was punished, and all have since resigned from CommScope. Cronyism was rife, and quid-pro-quo sex for promotion was widely believed to occur. What went on at that time was like the script from a movie or TV sit-com. It was hard to stomach that such poor ethical values still existed in the 21st century.

Advice to Management

The moral standards of a company start at the top. I would like to see Frank Drendel become a leader and deserve his "award."

Jun 9, 2017 – Content Marketer

We’re sorry to hear you had a disappointing employment experience. Our Company Founder and Chairman, Frank Drendel, has instilled a deeply rooted commitment to integrity in all business dealings... More

4. "mean management, do not work there"

Pros

close to home, free drink

Cons

do not work for this company

Advice to Management

mean

"RF Applications Engineer IV"

Former Employee - Senior Field Applications Engineer IV in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Field Applications Engineer IV in Richardson, TX

I worked at CommScope full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of going on in DAS & Small Cells especially after acquisition of TE Connectivity & BNS. IF you fall in the management's favoritism, you will be one lucky engineer to learn & work on each and everything, otherwise nothing much, you end up being pure labor/puppet..

Cons

# of Work Hours, Politics, Wages, Favoritism, Career Growth altogether suck - Engineering Team is like a puppet of Project Management Team and have no value. No training programs but learn as you hit the road. Engineers work plenty of extra hours but never get appreciated. Past CommScope engineering guys felt they were used and thrown even being loyal to the company due to immediate management politics at the time of re-org when CommScope acquired TE Connectivity BNS Unit. Performance review can be easily manipulated by managers to control the visibility & to provide justifications to their higher management when needed. Additionally, dictatorship of engineering management would easily put someone not deserving on top of the folks who are so deserving. Micro-management with not much management skills in newly org-ed team based in Richardson, TX. In fact, less sound technical management would use so sound technical engineers skills to gain visibility and still give donuts to the qualified engineers working for them. Please beware, this company is extremely bad choice to work for if you are a team player, looking for financial as well as professional growth. Only way you can learn in this engineering team is by playing politics because manager/director will never support any career growth plans.

Advice to Management

Stop using Engineers as labors.., Provide technical growth to all your team rather than supporting favoritism.., Have training programs for every year.., Use politics in good way for team's growth rather than using it purely for your personal gain..

"Engineer"

Pros

Nothing very exciting to say about this company.

Cons

Too many lay offs and hopeless management.

Advice to Management

Reduce office politics and give importance to talent.

7. "product manager"

I worked at CommScope full-time

Pros

Company is very process oriented and job requirements are known and easy to follow

Cons

A conservative company. Process can be fustrating and all decisions are made high up. So dont expect to own any decisions as much as follow them

"Accounting"

Former Employee - Accountant in Joliet, IL
    Former Employee - Accountant in Joliet, IL

Pros

None to mention about the company

Cons

All jobs moving down south

Advice to Management

Work with everyone

"Not a good place to be."

Pros

Good products and there is a chance that this company will be around for many years to come.

Cons

Bad management, people are not treated fairly. Goals are moving targets and cannot be met.

Advice to Management

You do not know what is happening in the Cosby.

"Senior Electrical Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Richardson, TX

I worked at CommScope full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work, OK pay, good work balance when company profit is good

Cons

Mean top management. unprofessional treatment to employees.