CommScope Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
CommScope President & CEO Marvin (Eddie) S. Edwards, Jr
Marvin (Eddie) S. Edwards, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They pay and benefits are great, but will not make up for the complete lack of work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Work/life balance here was excellent (in 9 reviews)

Cons

1. "Good company , good products but vision is old"

Current Employee - IT Security Analyst in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - IT Security Analyst in Hickory, NC

I have been working at CommScope full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great coworkers and ok pay.

Good benefits, great coworkers and ok pay.

Cons

Commscope is an Old company, Old means people work here are mostly very old, look any hierarchy , all leads by old people and you will barely see young minds , new ideas and new approaches to do the same job.
    Also lot of favoritism, I am from hickory location and I have seen IT management has their own favorites, they favors some folks and some of the very hardworking folks which are working their butt off not being noticed.
    Senior IT leadership is rude, they have made some of the decisions in past which made my head spin all the time. Time to replace those people.

Advice to Management

Hire more qualified people, work on encouraging people. Make environment around you so that people can speak freely, employees here are afraid to bring issues on table. Because they fear that they will get fired. Pay them right. Plan your projects wisely.

Nov 21, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your honest feedback. We aim to foster an environment where each person is heard. Hearing the pros and cons of working at CommScope will help us become better moving forward.

2. "Solid Company"

I worked at CommScope full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent focus on products that met customer needs.

Cons

Organization was highly fragmented by product area.

"Good company, good benefits and work life balance"

Current Employee - SAP Business Process Analyst in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - SAP Business Process Analyst in Hickory, NC

I have been working at CommScope full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company, good work and life benefits, com loves their employees, pays are ok and 401 k and healthcare is great

Cons

Pay structure is not good. Your offer letter might say about annual bonus , but don't believe it. I am working from last three years and got 0 times. They find ways to cut the cost and don't kept the promise company made.
    Rather you see them wasting money on contractors and other stuff that could be adjusted towards employees pay. Senior management needs right vision but it's more like godfather situation. Whatever you say to senior management doesn't work. Talk to HR , HR has no power.

Advice to Management

Pay employees fair and do what you say on offer letter, else they will fly.

Nov 2, 2017 – Human Resources

We're sorry to hear about your frustration with the pay/benefits at CommScope. As a global leader, we aim to be competitive and offer the best compensation to our employees. If you want to provide us... More

"Good Company to work"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Verna (India)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Verna (India)

I worked at CommScope full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Show lot of patience with their employees.
    Give plenty opportunities to grow
    Good and fair management and leadership

Cons

Work culture based on creating competition between internal stakeholders which lead to unsavory moments.
    A certain divide is created between shop-floor employees and office employees in terms accessibility to basic sanitation and facilities.

Advice to Management

Focus more on inclusive teamwork.

"Horrifed and shocked!"

Pros

There is nothing to say here

Cons

Where do I start? I have never encountered such mean spirited and abusive managers. This is truly an old school company and not in a good way. They haven't changed with the times and think higher salaries make up for that. No amount of money is worth it. If you value your sanity and you have morals, do not come here.

A previous commenter sums it up well. This company is empty and only cares about the money. There is no passion or purpose. There is no 21st century leadership. Just empty suits who talk the talk but don't walk the walk. And there is no innovation, despite what they say. This company knocks down new and innovative ideas. Management does not welcome anything progressive.

One last word. Beware! I do not want anyone to end up stuck here like me.

Oct 27, 2017 – Human Resources

Firstly, we appreciate your review and your honesty. In order to provide a better response, we are wondering if you would be interested in providing more information related to your concern about... More

6. "Review"

I have been working at CommScope full-time

Pros

good pay and benefits, friendly coworkers

Cons

small office and don't get to work from home

Advice to Management

better work family life balance is needed

7. "Former employee"

I worked at CommScope full-time

Pros

I enjoyed my extended employment at CommScope. The environment is great. Most of the people are great.

Cons

CommScope is not the same company it used to be back in the early 2000's. Since they have acquired other businesses, they have bow down to those acquisitions and CommScope drastically changes for them, not the other way around. Over the years, the morale has taken a tole on everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees that want to work, have the drive, and great work ethic instead of keeping those that are "personally" on the internet/phone all the time & do not come in early or stay late.

Oct 19, 2017 – Human Resources

8. "Bossism,dominative"

Former Employee - Analyst in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at CommScope (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing much, training was poor.

Cons

I worked for an year.Encountered a person who was very intimidating that I never felt like talking to him freely,or communicating things which should be communicated.such a person should never be appointed as mentor.management doestnot know who is eligible enough to do mentoring.He used to shout ,insult before all the members of the team.Is it the way an MNC works? I lost my complete self confidence after working under that mentor

Advice to Management

Kindly don't appoint mentors who are bossist ,strong headed and who are not willing to listen to words of employees working under him.

Oct 19, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your time at CommScope. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us. At CommScope, we strive to foster an environment where no employee... More

9. "Empty Company"

I have been working at CommScope full-time

Pros

remuneration is good, still powerful in the market

Cons

no empowering, micro managed from the top, very little to no regional empowerment

Advice to Management

centrally, micromanaged companies are not agile into the market space and innovation is a superficial word in CommScope. This is a lethal combination.
    Secondly CommScope is the most management heavy organization I ever worked for making decision taking slow and above all unclear such that the organization has no clear purpose and strategy in the longer term.
    Stop living from quarter to quarter.

Oct 5, 2017 – Human Resources

10. "Empowering"

I worked at CommScope full-time

Pros

Great management direction, empowering environment and great benefits

Cons

Communications can improve and better access to management