CommerceHub Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Frank Poore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Laid back work environment with good work/life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "Great culture, innovative tech, great people who take their work seriously but not themselves" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes projects are fast paced and it requires discipline to keep up" (in 3 reviews)

• "The management thinks it’s this great company" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Manager"

I have been working at CommerceHub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment and culture. Employees are given autonomy within their job role.

Cons

New Hire Onboarding process was short. Could have used additional training to prepare for the position.

2. "Talent Acquisition Partner"

I have been working at CommerceHub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team environment. I feel challenged and truly valued here. It's exciting to work for a growing company, in a fast paced industry- There's always something to learn!

Cons

I don't consider this a negative, but CommerceHub is a fast paced environment that welcomes change. If you prefer a slower pace..It's not for you.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to employees

"Company is growing"

I worked at CommerceHub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is accepting of everyone

Cons

The internal team communication is not great

"Billing and Collections"

I have been working at CommerceHub full-time

Pros

Great people and cool company

Cons

Low pay, work volume is inconsistent

"Stressful work environment, poor management and awful benefits"

Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Albany, NY

I have been working at CommerceHub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers. That’s pretty much it.

Cons

Poor management, stressful work environment, poor benefits and 401k plan, little to no free time, horrible hours and so on..

Advice to Management

Have a more realistic sense of your employees day to day work.

"Would not recommend"

I worked at CommerceHub full-time

Pros

The people that were my peers were really great.

Cons

Executive management have a very inflated view of themselves. Feedback was doled out in the form of screaming at employees who didn't meet expectations that were never clearly outlines. It was a very stressful place to work and I have no regrets that I left.

Advice to Management

Treat people like humans.

"Account Analyst"

I worked at CommerceHub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is very healthy and has a positive future in Albany.

Cons

The Seattle office seems to have been left for dead. I was employed for about 8 months with no training and was doing work that I did not sign up for. I was hired as an analyst but ended up doing random task work to assist the eCommerce Managers when they were overloaded. It was a dead end job and do not regret my decision to leave. The CEO is smart and clearly successful for a reason. However, he made a strange decision to buy Mercent and incorporate them into the CHUB business model. Execution was poor and it seemed as if they have given up. One week before I started I was informed that the entire engineering team had either been laid off or was transition the the HQ in Albany. Big mistake. The team in Seattle had little tech support there and the team in Albany had no fundamental knowledge of the business or product.

Advice to Management

Fix what you broke in Seattle. There are talented people with good ideas but you've left them to rot with no resources.

8. "Onboarding Representative"

I have been working at CommerceHub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked on the Onboarding team for several years and recently went through a transition to another team within the company. Onboarding Management and HR were very supportive of this transition! If you have short or long term goals that you would like to work towards within the company they are super supportive of that and will help you work towards achieving those goals which is one thing I love about the company.

Onboarding is a close knit team with a great management and is a great place to work!

Cons

Not so much a con rather than a forewarning. Your time is split pretty evenly between emails and phone calls on a daily basis, so if you are the type who enjoys interacting with customers and working sort of as a project manager of sorts, this position would be for you. If you are the type who does not like being on the phones regularly, this may not be for you.

"Job Seeker Beware"

Former Employee - Engineer in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in Albany, NY

I worked at CommerceHub full-time

Pros

* Decent pay/benefits for Albany
    * Lots of good talent/smart people
    * Company seems to be doing pretty successful

Cons

* HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT: This is by far the biggest one, and the reason for my 1 start rating. I don't for the life of me understand how managers are chosen here. It's definitely not the smartest people and also not those with the most experience. Most likely whoever is buddy/buddy enough with the higher-ups. CH philosophy dictates that managers don't actually have to understand what their team is doing in order to manage, and it shows. You'll often find yourself being told what to do by people who don't have a solid understanding of the task at hand. In addition, managers often use fear and deception to get what they want out of their subordinates, and are given relatively unchecked power. On the other hand, if you happen to get yourself a decent manager (of which there are a few), you're experience could be much better.
    * Elitist attitude: General sense of thinking they're better than everyone else, that they're the only "real" software company in Albany. CEO throws a big party for himself and spends half the time talking about how great he is.
    * Poor job security: People are frequently let go with little warning or reason. Unless you're high enough up the ladder, you're always standing on a trap door.
    * Poor work/life balance: While they advertise good work/life balance, the reality couldn't be further from the truth. Salaried employees are frequently made to work crazy hours, not to mention many teams require employee to do an on-call shift.

Advice to Management

Managers should be some of the most knowledgable people on the team, not the least. Fixing middle management will make a lot of problems go away. Also, learn some humility. You are not the best, I'm sorry.

"Get over yourself"

Pros

They pay you
    They give benefits
    They provide coffee
    It has an office that’s not in Albany
    It’s in an ok location

Cons

The management thinks it’s this great company... welcome to Seattle where actual good companies exist. The CEO seems to think he’s a gift to humanity. It’s average pay at a company with pretty bad culture. I was there before and after the merger and it was like night and day (awesome and then awful). Listen to your employees instead of yourselves.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves. No one is going to seek out employment here because you don’t pay well so do something else to at least pretend to stand out