Common Sail Investment Group Reviews

Updated Dec 4, 2019

4.5
Common Sail Investment Group CEO Dan Hughes (no image)
Dan Hughes
Pros
  • "The company truly cares not only for the residents but the employee too(in 8 reviews)

• "We have very fair and flexible leadership that understands the work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Seems pretty comical that every review has "no cons at this time" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha(in 8 reviews)

• "Company is growing new businesses at an almost frantic rate, and is not sufficiently learning from mistakes from past growth issues ( I(in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing atmosphere and great people"

Current Employee - Marketer in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people I work with are amazing and have turned into some of my close friends. The leaders at this company are so supportive. I also really appreciate the business casual attire and the benefits I get.

Cons

There aren't any cons really.

Common Sail Investment Group2019-10-15

October 29, 2019Brand Marketer

Hi, Thank you for reviewing us! We strive to provide a fun, supportive environment for all of our employees and we appreciate hearing from you that you've experienced that. Thank you for all your hard work.

"Fake reviews"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Common Sail Investment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice co workers, friendly atmosphere. Corporate office is nice,

Cons

No benefits, long hours, high expectations without pay, very little time off, unstable, people are fired all the time. Job is listed before they are gone and someone new starts the day after they are fired.

Common Sail Investment Group2019-12-04

December 11, 2019Brand Marketer

Hello, Unfortunately, we don't have a role matching your description but are still here to help. All of our full-time employees receive benefits and PTO. In order to best support our teams, we have created a standard hiring process that we adhere to when positions need to be filled. We do offer monthly check-ins for each employee to go over any concerns they have with their leader and we encourage all our employees to take advantage of these. Lastly, we believe it is important to encourage our employees to give us feedback on sites like this one because it helps us improve. If you would like to discuss your review further, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655.

"These reviews are all FAKE."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

I worked at Common Sail Investment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. Nothing. Not a single thing. Seriously.

Cons

ALL OF THE 5 STAR REVIEWS ARE FAKE!!!!! I have proof that this company begs their employees to leave 5 start reviews on this site and others. This company is horrible and as fake as their 4.6 star rating. Read the poor reviews rather than the good ones. Seems pretty comical that every review has "no cons at this time" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Do your self a favor and apply for a job at a real company and not this one, unless your'e a frat guy who is looking pretend they have a cool job on social media.

Common Sail Investment Group2019-10-23

October 29, 2019Brand Marketer

Hello, We absolutely encourage our employees to give honest feedback both in person and on public forums like Glassdoor and Indeed. Each employee has an opportunity to provide feedback directly to their leader during their monthly one-on-one meetings; however, not everyone is comfortable having these conversations in person, so sites like this are an anonymous way for employees to reach us. We are always looking to get better and would like to discuss your experience directly. Please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

4. "A Company Culture Like No Other"

Current Employee - Learning and Performance in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The positive and caring culture, along with a healthy work/life balance and culture that puts humans before titles, has opened my eyes to what a dream job for a dream company really means.

Cons

I have yet to find a con worthy of mentioning.

Common Sail Investment Group2019-09-10
  5. "I love coming to work every day!!!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the atmosphere and the interactions I have daily with my colleagues. I feel accepted and loved her.

Cons

No cons to share at this time

Common Sail Investment Group2019-09-10
  6. "Common Sail - Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Common Sail is not your standard business and I couldn't be more thankful to work for such a great organization. If you are dedicated and a hard worker, then this is the place for you. Being an employee at CommonSail has challenged me, provided me with growth and has given me the tools to excel in my career. I honestly look forward to coming to work every day ( this is the first organization that I can say this about!) and that is saying something! Leaders are dedicated to the employees. They are genuine people and care for the well-being and growth of their employees. I cannot tell you how refreshing that is to see in a business setting. Last but not least, we have an amazing culture and work life balance. My recommendation to anyone reading this review is to take a leap and see what we are all about.

Cons

I do not have any cons to provide. When I have an issue, I bring it to the attention of my Manager and we work together to find a solutions.

7. "Awesome experience"

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and willing to help, if someone cannot find the answer they go above and beyond to find the answer. They are very caring and it shows with every interaction.

Cons

There are no challenges while working here because everyone works as a team to divide and conquer.

Common Sail Investment Group2019-08-24
  8. "Some talk the talk, Common Sail walks the walk."

5.0

Pros

Motivated go-getters - I've not met anyone who wasn't at the top of their game. Executives are down to earth and make every effort to take care of employees. Some companies claim their all about employees - few live up to the hype. Common Sail exceeds expectations on every level. If you know your stuff, aren't afraid to put effort in, and are a go getter - skies the limit to your potential growth.

Cons

They've grown A LOT in the past few years. Trying to sort out workflows, who does what and when, and who is accountable for things is challenging at times. The eagerness of others to work together to resolve growing pains makes up for that. 401k could use some work - matching is low, and options are limited.

Common Sail Investment Group2019-06-19
  9. "Independence Village of White Lake"

Current Employee - Current Employee in White Lake, MI

Pros

Friendly Staff Friendly Residents Activities are plentiful and fun!! Plenty of Great Food!!

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

Common Sail Investment Group2019-03-20

"Amazing company to be apart of!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group full-time

Pros

I have been with Common Sail for just under 2 years and couldn't ask for more from an employer. They are truly Employee First and focus on their employees' personal development. If you work hard, you will be rewarded. I am thankful for the endless opportunities to grow in my career at Common Sail but to also have the ability to grow personally.

Cons

Time managment. It can be difficult to manage all the crazy schedules, but as a company we must make this a prority.

Common Sail Investment Group2018-09-25

March 4, 2019Brand Marketer

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your assessment of our work environment and honestly believe you hit the nail on the head. We agree that when our employees work hard, they get unlimited opportunities. We believe that both personal and professional growth are essential and try to create a culture that nourishes both. Time management can be tricky, but we try to think of it as a chance to practice organization and routine. Thank you for adding value to our company and our mission.

Found 87 reviews