Common Sail Investment Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Dan Hughes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I have never worked for a company like this before" (in 6 reviews)

• "Worker Bees' are treated well and enjoy a nice work environment in most offices/locations" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company is growing new businesses at an almost frantic rate, and is not sufficiently learning from mistakes from past growth issues ( I" (in 5 reviews)

• "There are no cons at all to this company" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing company to be apart of!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group full-time

Pros

I have been with Common Sail for just under 2 years and couldn't ask for more from an employer. They are truly Employee First and focus on their employees' personal development. If you work hard, you will be rewarded. I am thankful for the endless opportunities to grow in my career at Common Sail but to also have the ability to grow personally.

Cons

Time managment. It can be difficult to manage all the crazy schedules, but as a company we must make this a prority.

"“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.” S. Sinek"

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group full-time

Pros

“There are only two ways to influence human behavior: you can manipulate it or you can inspire it." ― Simon Sinek, Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action

I used this quote since this was required reading for one of our teams. There are some amazing leaders in this organization that really work towards the vision and 1440 culture of Common Sail.

Cons

Unfortunately, those leaders are becoming fewer and are being replaced by new leaders that will do whatever they are told without asking any questions. This new batch of leaders will manipulate you to get desired outcomes and fill you with promises that remain undelivered.

“Some in management positions operate as if they are in a tree of monkeys. They make sure that everyone at the top of the tree looking down sees only smiles. But all too often, those at the bottom looking up see only butts [edited to meet glass door standards].”

1440 is only important to management when they can benefit from you in one way or another. If you are an employee, resident, client or vendor, when management no longer benefits from you, you are no longer granted 1440.

This is a culture equivalent to high school with cliques, bullying, favoritism, harassment and phoniness. Senior leaders will interrupt meetings and yell and swear.

Most employees are held to high standards (which is a good thing), but certain favorites are allowed to continue to miss deadlines completely, never complete a single project and continue to deliver lip service without results. These favorites are draining the entire organization.

Advice to Management

Every time there is a negative review, management runs around trying to figure out who it could be. Don't spend time trying to figure out who wrote this review. Spend time fixing your culture and looking in the mirror to see what is driving this type of review.

Common Sail Investment Group Response

Sep 26, 2018 – Brand Marketer

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback. We agree that we have amazing leaders in our company, geared toward helping their teams develop both professionally and personally. These leaders, including... More

3. "Independence Village Brighton Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Housekeeping in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Housekeeping in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly staff, Room to grow within company, employee first culture. Getting to make a difference in the residents lives.

Cons

There is None at this time.

4. "Receptionist Front Desk"

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group full-time

Pros

Independence Village is a very satisfying place to work. Every day is full of new challenges, and you feel very fulfilled at days end. I love my co-workers and look forward to going to work each day. Working with the elderly re-enforces how much you are needed and appreciated in their lives,

Cons

There never seems to be enough time to accomplish all that you set out to do each day. This environment is full of interruptions and challenges, and you really need to learn to go with the flow.

Advice to Management

Just to keep engaged with your employees and realize the challenges that are put in their daily routines,. That they are giving their all each day, and it can be frustrating.

"Good if you're not a corporate-level employee"

Pros

Good front-line people in front lines of their handful of companies

Cons

Leadership lacks courage and integrity; CEO is borderline office bully; beware if you are asked to work at the corporate level. Company is mostly there to make 4-5 senior execs into millionaires.

Advice to Management

Don't just talk about The Pillars and cram culture down everyone's throat; try living the principles of honesty, integrity, civility.

Common Sail Investment Group Response

May 31, 2018 – Brand Marketer

Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review. We prioritize our employees above all else and are happy that you appreciate our mission to support and develop them. Our leadership team exists to serve... More

6. "LPN"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Troy, OH
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Troy, OH

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing staff, beautiful environment, superb culinary team, and the best company you could ever work for.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about our company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

7. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - AP Coordinator
    Current Employee - AP Coordinator

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Common Sail Investment Group is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Employees are supportive and very welcoming and allow you to fit right in with the culture. This company puts their employees first and really does what it can to make make sure each and every employee is happy, no matter what level employee you are. They really want you to come up with new ideas and express yourself in ways you probably normally wouldn’t. I absolutely love working for this company!

Cons

There are no cons at all to this company. They treat their employees the way employees want to be treated.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing.

8. "Work/Life Balance"

Pros

Freedom to be creative, work with others, employee-first atmosphere, company appreciation, parties and happy hours, positivism, inspiring, business casual

Cons

Negatives are what you make them

9. "This company has gave me a fulfilling career, filled with support, love and accountability."

Current Employee - Wellness Director in Troy, OH
    Current Employee - Wellness Director in Troy, OH

I have been working at Common Sail Investment Group (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing at a fast pace the bonus to that is they do not leave their employees behind. They offer continuous support with education, interactive training and team work.

Cons

This company is amazing! There are no negatives about this company. It is a fast growing company if you are not willing to work hard and commit to the seniors with compassion, it's not the place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the support and love.

"this has to be one of the best places that i have worked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Pros

Cannot say enough about how wonderful the staff is to be around.Getting to know these awesome residents has been a blessing on its own.I am so thankful for being able to do what I do on a daily basis.

Cons

I do not believe there are cons.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!