Commonwealth Bank of Australia Reviews
78% would recommend to a friend
(5677 total reviews)
87% approve of CEO
Found 5,677 of over 6K reviews
Updated Dec 7, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Commonwealth Bank of Australia
The Sydney Bowl
2 months ago
Hi all, does anyone work for one of the bank/consulting firm who may be able to refer or connect me to Hiring Managers for a Business Analyst position? 2+ years of experience in banks and Big 4 consulting as a BA. Thanks Deloitte Accenture PwC Commonwealth Bank Westpac ANZ Bank
4 months ago
Is anyone else in California having a hard time logging into the CBA website? I haven’t been able to login since yesterday and they are supposed to release scores today for the CPA exam. Every time I try to login I get a message saying “The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator”. I just wanna know if I passed BEC.
10 months ago
Melbourne, Aus. Company isn’t honouring original offer due to economic situation. Was due to start as a grad in a few weeks in tech consulting. Background is business grad but have been looking for tech roles. Any referrals or job openings people can refer me to? (Small companies are welcome too). I have power bi internship experience too but open to anything. Commonwealth Bank Suncorp Group National Australia Bank ANZ Bank Westpac DXC Technology Macquarie Group Canva Optus Telstra Accenture
Got a burning question about Commonwealth Bank of Australia? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Commonwealth Bank of Australia employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I worked there for 5 years used to have a great culture but now it is terrible." (in 528 reviews)
- "Lots of perks and good work life balance" (in 406 reviews)
- "Great people and leaders" (in 357 reviews)
- "Only pay is good which is not for 9 hours work it's double to it." (in 193 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and fair" (in 148 reviews)
- "Management is poor and restricting" (in 165 reviews)
- "manager was bad in particular branch" (in 105 reviews)
- "No career progression or promotions in your team unless someone leaves" (in 61 reviews)
- "Expected to work long hours and weekends to get the job done once resourcing was cut" (in 56 reviews)
- "It is a very large organisation and so the challenge is the competition for promotion." (in 45 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Commonwealth Bank of Australia and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 22, 2023Ops ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
1. CBA is definitely one of the best pay masters in Market 2. Work environment is one of the best when compared to other banks 3. Speak up culture is widely recognised and appreciated 4. Shift timings enables a proper balance between work life and personal life
Believe some of the systems they use and one of the core systems is quite outdated. This is something, they need to focus
- 4.0Dec 4, 2022Customer Banking SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMelbourne, FL
Good benefits Staff deals Always had good management
Not so flexible working environment if you are in customer facing role Always super busy less support in terms of staffing
- 5.0Aug 14, 2022Executive ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Great supportive teams that are willing to help. No politics - Just open honest communication Leaders that empower and enable you to do a great job every day Flexible working environment Great work from home options A focus on mental and physical health and wellbeing
There have been no cons so far
- 5.0Aug 8, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 8 years
Great culture, development opportunities and growth
Majority of presence is in Australia, lack of global opportunities
- 4.0Apr 28, 2022Compliance ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
My team is full of fun, knowledgeable and helpful hard workers who have your back when dealing with Line 1/the business.
Hours are long lately, and there have been structural changes in the business that we don’t find out about until way after the fact
- 3.0Oct 11, 2022Home Lending SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMelbourne, FL
Technology is really good and flexible work environment
No value as employee end of the day ist about what they want
Commonwealth Bank of Australia Reviews FAQs
Commonwealth Bank of Australia has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 6,277 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
78% of Commonwealth Bank of Australia employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Commonwealth Bank of Australia 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.