Commonwealth Care Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Commonwealth Care Alliance Chief Executive Christopher D. Palmieri
Christopher D. Palmieri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is a priority of company (in 10 reviews)

• Great benefits and highly collegial culture (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No real room for growth or opportunity (in 4 reviews)

• No one is looking at the big picture (in 3 reviews)

"Great Health Care Organization"

Former Employee - Electronic Medical Records Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Electronic Medical Records Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, warm and challenging work environment

Cons

Commute, Politics, Egos and rapidly expanding without core company values

Advice to Management

Eliminate Favoritism

2. "Diverse Company"

Pros

One of the best companies I have worked for. Top management understands the challenges of being in Boston and have instituted a telecommuting policy.

Cons

As with any growing company they are having growing pains and a result the chaos.

3. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Manager of Enrollment in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Manager of Enrollment in Boston, MA

I worked at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement.
    Dedicated staff who love their jobs.
    Fair pay structure.
    Convenient location.
    Work/life balance is a priority of company.

Cons

Lots of things that are important are just sort of ignored and nobody is responsible for them.

IT department is a total mess. Get used to doing things the old fashioned way.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love going to work every day and love the job that I do, working with patients that have taught me they are more than just their diagnoses. I've been encouraged to develop new ideas that truly affect their daily lives. I've never been treated as "just an LPN", I am a valuable member of the Care Team. My supervisor has been a wonderful mentor and is helping me create a rewarding new career path

Cons

The travel times for home visits can be rather tedious, you need to allow extra time for heavy traffic in some places.

5. "Great people to work for"

Current Employee - Quality Program Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Quality Program Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The thing I like the most about Commonwealth Care Alliance is that is mission-driven. When you are unsure of how to proceed, you think: what's best for the member and that guides you. This is very clear among the organization and unifies all efforts.

Cons

It's a place where you are allowed to be independent and are encouraged to grow as a professional. I really don't see any downfall to work here. As long as you agree with the mission, you will fit in its culture. I'm not saying everything is perfect, just that the wins are greater than the losses.

Advice to Management

Watch those people that are committed as well as talented and treasure them. They don't frowned from any tree.

6. "I love working at Commonwealth Care Alliance."

Current Employee - Data Management Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Data Management Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time

Pros

There is an excellent work life balance. By working for CCA, you are part of the future of Healthcare. I fully support our company mission.The company culture is very laid back compared to New Jersey and New York healthcare companies that i have worked for. Management at all levels advocate for employee success and the possibility of career advancement. You Can easily grow within the company.

I love working at CCA. The Benefits are incredible. We get ton's of vacation time. I feel like I am making a difference in our members lives.

Cons

The state guidelines change to often and this can cause uncertainty on in Financial and business rules. If you commute to Park Street Station, You will probably have delays on the Green line. The location of the Boston office is perfect and next to the Boston Commons.

7. "Great company, mission, people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time

Pros

For those in the health care policy/reform world, CCA is where the action is. CCA offers an incredible opportunity to be at the cutting edge of innovation, building and implementing an integrated care program with high quality, community-based, cost-effective care, and potentially impacting national health care policy.

Energetic new leadership team has a clear, inspiring vision.

Many smart, talented colleagues who are committed to CCA's mission and to achieving excellence.

Good work-life balance.

Cons

Salary should be more competitive to attract and retain top talent. Employees are attracted and dedicated to CCA for its powerful mission; compensation should keep pace with the market so employees do not have to pass up similar but better compensated jobs in order to work at CCA.

8. "Unique and powerful clinical opportunities"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CCA continues to be an innovative center of care delivery models. Working here is being part of the future of healthcare for the frailest and most complex populations. We are lucky to be able to deliver personalized care in a variety of settings with a great deal of autonomy and support.

Cons

Being innovative and breaking with the norms always comes with its logistical challenges. Our new leadership team now recognizes those challenges and is working to remedy them. This is a job best fit for someone comfortable with change and who is self-motivated to overcome struggles toward the goal of better care for our members.

Advice to Management

Management should know that those of us dedicated to the CCA mission totally support their efforts to make our model more powerful and sustainable. Keep it up, we've got your back!

9. "Innovative company undergoing exciting transformation"

Current Employee - Clinical Manager
    Current Employee - Clinical Manager

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong service-oriented organizational culture; many talented, engaged, progressive staff. Neat innovations like community paramedicine. Strong new leadership team ranging from CEO to new Chief Physician and new VP of Transformation. They are young, dynamic, and exciting. Great place to grow quickly if you are someone who approaches work with urgency

Cons

Emerging into a phase of strength and stability -- culture change is hard, but important.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Much good change recently

10. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK. SINCERELY. COME SEE FOR YOURSELF."

Current Employee - Supportive Care Management Department
    Current Employee - Supportive Care Management Department

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Serving a special population. Gratifying and rewarding work.
    2. Compensation and benefits compatible to market place.
    3. Room from promotion and growth within the company.
    4. Online with health plan and Masshealth guidelines.

Cons

1. The company is going through a transition with the lead of our CEO to more innovative health plan that can stand through the test of time. I don't see it as a Con (nevertheless some have difficulty with transitions)

Advice to Management

Continue the path you are going and good fruits will bear at the end. Be transparent has you have been and ensure that everyone is aligned with the company's goal.