Commonwealth Care Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Commonwealth Care Alliance Chief Executive Christopher D. Palmieri
Christopher D. Palmieri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is a priority of company (in 10 reviews)

• The new CEO has done great things for the company and it has been a success (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The new CEO keeps asking employees to write favorable GlassDoor reviews (in 5 reviews)

• No real room for growth or opportunity (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company, great co-workers"

Current Employee - Performance Improvement Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Performance Improvement Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic team, fulfilling work, opportunity for growth, flexible schedule, great benefits, insightful management

Cons

Constant optimization creates tension among employees

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work maintaining our core values and mission statement!

"Glad to be part of this company and I plan to stay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As an employee that has been with CCA for a little over 3 years, I have had the opportunity to work for the company under the prior CEO and our current CEO, and although both leaders are very different in their communication and leadership approach, I am still very happy to say that I am part of this organization. I have read some of the reviews that my peers have been writing and I feel bad that they are having such a hard time with the changes that have been going on, but i recommend that anyone who reads any review, to take it with a grain of salt and decide for yourself if you want to be part of a company with a great mission, and with a leader who came on board and turned the company around and enabled me to keep my job and continue the work that I am able to do on a daily basis. Sometimes it is hard to admit that it is time to move on, and i say that if you are that unhappy then you should consider leaving and going somewhere else.

Cons

Communication has been better, but of course it can always be better. We seem to be hiring a lot right now and space seems to be getting right, but that is a good problem to have in my opinion!

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward, communicate often and be as up front as you can be with employees. I can appreciate what you are doing and again am happy to be part of this organization.

"Simply Awful"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay isn't as bad as other reviewers on Glass Door say that it is. I believe the pay is market or a bit above.

Cons

There are many cons:
    As other posters have said, the 12th floor is the place where the elite office dwellers reside. It's truly unbelievable considering that this is taxpayer money being used to pay for a very lavish environment. Many of the VP's, who are friends of the CEO do not work full time - and don't pretend to! Again....you have to remember...this is taxpayer money. We wonder when someone is finally going to call the Globe's Spotlight Team to report this (hint, hint!)
    Morale is bad here. Outside of the 12th floor, employees tend to not stick around, so staffing is difficult. This explains why there are so many openings here...

Advice to Management

If you're going to rip off the taxpayers of Massachusetts, then be more discrete about it. Do you really need that many VPs? Do you have even a small understanding of why the employees cannot get excited about their jobs?

4. "Commonwealth Care Alliance"

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The mission and values are aligned with a culture of respect for staff and clients.

Cons

There is a lot of process improvement happening and change can be hard, but it's offset by the fact the company will be better able to grow and succeed over time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

5. "Lost it's Way"

I worked at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time

Pros

Very good mission and vision. Most of the employees are good people.

Cons

Poor management with little management skills.

Advice to Management

Hire clinicians for management positions with management skills/experience.

"Cool Environment"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer Senior Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer Senior Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly Team, Flexible time, free breakfast once a week :)

Cons

Small environment and limited career growth

7. "Join us"

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits, opportunities for community service at many levels. CCA/CCC does great work.

Cons

Many changes in structure, leadership, roles, questions about how we are organized. Not enough clerical help for providers.

Advice to Management

Inform front line workers better about processes, not just general plans and then done deals that end up different from the plans. Keep the promise about allowing providers to work at license level.

8. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Caring clinicians. Visionaries. Growth potential.

Cons

Leadership turnover happens too often in the company.

Advice to Management

NA

"keep looking!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Commonwealth Care Alliance (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Benefits multiple locations to choose from.

Cons

high turnover, poor work environment, unsafe location, lack of integrity, horrible management.

Advice to Management

First off they need to hire some sort of building security! Literally anyone off the street can walk in to this building, take what they want and do as they please.This has happened on numerous occasions. Not to mention the activity that takes place right in front of the building as you are coming and going. Second, I notice that the hierarchy is based off of favor and not quality of work. Kissing up will get you far. Knowing how to do your job and do it well is taken as a threat. Especially when you are managed by someone who is far less competent then you. There are some cancerous people in this company that are in a very high places, They abuse their authority and get away with it. If you take a job here keep looking let this be pit stop because you are disposable to them. Most people here are new, looking or on there way out. The CEO might be a decent person with good intentions for the company but he doesn't have a clue as to what is really going on there! He needs to pay closer attention to how he is represented.

Some of the departments in this company have a very high turnover rate, the common denominator is the person managing it. your experience here really depends on the department you work in, its hit or miss no in between! Overall this company has the potential to be great if they remove those bad apples and focus on creating an environment that is fair and consistent. That's going to take more them just free breakfast!

10. "Nurse Practitioner"

I have been working at Commonwealth Care Alliance full-time

Pros

Yes. There are many benefits.

Cons

No. Everything is positive. Love.