Commonwealth Sales Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, NH

I worked at Commonwealth Sales Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I begin?? This job is like no other. CSG provides an individual with endless amounts of opportunity. Guided by President, Alex Kantor, the team at CSG provides any new comer with an incredible amount of knowledge regarding the basics of human interaction. After only a few days at CSG, I noticed incredible growth in myself when communicating with individuals. I was able to watch someone get promoted in just a few short days. The team at CSG will guide you outside of your comfort zone in order to expand your horizons and do things you never thought you were capable of...... and have fun while doing it!! Positive vibes only from this company. Honestly, I can't say enough about everyone here. I consider myself lucky to have been a part of the team and I quickly made some life-long friends in only the few short weeks I was there. Good luck to everyone at CSG!!!

Cons

The only downfall about this company was mainly personal. It was a long drive for me to get there every day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Continue smiling and keeping the energy high!!

2. "Good job for good work ethic"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Stoneham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Stoneham, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Sales Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good way to earn good money and be out on your own. I got trained by Jimmy , mike and Matt. Great guys to teach you about the job and about sales. They were their to help me every step of the way!

Cons

The only cons are that you are working a lot of hours and if you are not out with anyone you could lose your time management. I hope this helps I would recommend this job as if you can close sales you will do very well.

Advice to Management

The only advice I can give to management is to keep up the good work. I wish that you could stop playing the ninja game. I would recommend this job to my friends

"Awesome job with awesome people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Sales Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a job where a great work ethic really pays off. You don't have someone constantly breathing down your neck to make sure you are doing your job. They treat you with respect and give you great opportunities to grow within the industry. They teach you how to be a leader by helping you develop the skills you will need to be successful in any type of business, from communication and people skills, to behind the scenes work for what it takes to run an office. You won't find a more energetic office with people who truly care about helping you succeed and getting you promoted within the company!

Cons

You have to be a hard worker and have a drive for success. If you don't put in the work, then you wont make the money.

4. "Entry level position"

Current Employee - New Hire
    Current Employee - New Hire

I have been working at Commonwealth Sales Group (Less than a year)

Pros

The expectations of this company are unlike any other job I've had. Day one with the job starts the training and the training never ends. This is because all of the employees are put into situations where they can only succeed. Everyone has a different personality which is one of the reasons why the company will send you out with numerous other employees. Even though this job is sales driven, everyone is in it together with an extremely fun and competitive atmosphere. My co workers are both younger and older but there is a clear path paved by the current employees. I went out with 4 different trainers over the course of two weeks and each one went above everything to make sure that I could get out their on my own. In my case, I was able spend a handful of work days with a trainer named Jimmy who consistently gave me advice and other tips. During the training days with Jimmy, he kept me in check making sure I knew a way to keep a conversation going in order to seal a deal and ultimately succeed on my own. In my opinion, his critique and comments were the best advice or training a new employee could ask for. The expectations of a new employee are unlike any other position at CSG. The expectations are clearly laid out by Alex (the owner) right down the line to a new hire. If you are a person that wants a job where there is no ceiling or limit to your potential then this is where you belong. If you are not self motivated and unable to manage yourself then this is not for you.

Cons

Along with the expectations comes responsibility and if you are someone who is not capable of managing their time then don't bother applying for the job. This is a job where your co workers become your best friends because of the atmosphere and requires long work days and weeks. You also must have your own car or way to get around. If you are someone who keeps and eye on the clock and waits for the work day to end then don't bother applying.

Advice to Management

Put the new hires with as many trainers as possible. Every trainer offers something different.

"Great people looking to help you succeed"

I worked at Commonwealth Sales Group full-time

Pros

Energetic, positive, and motivating place to work. I was looking for a place to grow personally and professionally. I found it at CSG. In just a few months i had developed communication skills, leadership skills, as well as public speaking. Very quickly i was given leadership opportunities, which included interviewing and training.

Cons

You have to be a hard working driven person. Be ready to work and little by little pushed outside your comfort zones. Which is something i really needed.

"Great People, Great Opportunity, Long Term Development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoneham, MA

I worked at Commonwealth Sales Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at the company are incredible. They all go out of their way to ensure your success with the company. From day one they encourage you to come to office nights and other outside events to get to know everyone and make you a part of the family. Alex Kantor is very knowledgable in what it takes to succeed and he has built a team of people who are very goal oriented. There are a lot of awesome travel opportunities and chances to meet other driven people and network to learn from them. In my short time there I learned a lot of valuable skills about business to business marketing and how to manage not only myself but a territory of clients. There are also a lot of opportunities for promotions based solely on merit. When you start a career path is outlined for you and everyone works together to help you meet those goals. The environment is high energy and it is a very fun place to work. This company is on the rise fast and there is a never a bad time to go on board.

Cons

Commission jobs can be difficult to have long term success in. Naturally if it is something that you are good at than this would be a very good fit for you. There is also a lot of driving depending on where you are coming from. You are responsible for finding your own clients by using a system that is taught to you from day one. This is not as difficult as it seems, however it can seem a little overwhelming at times. Personally I liked the job a lot, however the money wasnt there and it wasn't the best fit for me personally.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting the awesome environment that you guys have built there. This was one of the most fun jobs I have worked in a while, and that is thanks solely to the management and leader team. You guys really are great and I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a nice growth opportunity. I learned a lot in my short time with the company and will definitely look back on this experience very favorably.

"Incredible work environment with unlimited growth!"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Stoneham, MA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Stoneham, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Sales Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Boss is a great mentor and is very humble and compassionate
    -First promotion within a month(who doesn't love getting promoted)
    -Extensive training with no seniority (as a new person you can surpass anyone in the office)
    -Family atmosphere full of games and high energy
    -Excited to wake up and go to work with young outgoing entreprenuers every day

Cons

-Hard work but as an entrepreneur that is expected
    -Gets you out of your comfort zone (however that made me realize what I'm capable)
    -Have to be fully invested in order to be successful (once again, expected by any entreprenuer)

Advice to Management

The system that is in place is working, the energy level in the office is awesome and helps create an atmosphere that is easy for anyone to be comfortable and have fun in. Also the opportunity in this industry and in this business is incredible, so talk about it more!

"Management encourages growth and development"

Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Stoneham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Stoneham, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth Sales Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fun work environment (who doesn't want to have fun at work?)
    - Performance based growth (NO SENIORITY)
    - Young professionals
    - Management training program
    - Great relationships with upper management
    - People helping people business
    - Entrepreneurship

Cons

- long work days (however if you want to get to management its going to take a lot of hard work)
    - some of the meetings are repetitive
    - sometimes the territory we go to is far from the office

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. The culture that has been created is unlike any other company I've worked for. I truly enjoy waking up everyday knowing that I'm going to work with like minded individuals who want to succeed but also love what they do.

"Amazing Experience"

Former Employee - Trainer
    Former Employee - Trainer

I worked at Commonwealth Sales Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For anyone looking for sales experience and an opportunity to gain professional growth, this is a great company to work for. Some of the greatest sales training that can be found and most importantly, with great people. Anyone that has a competitive mindset and likes to be rewarded for how hard they work will enjoy this company.

Cons

One must give 100% to get 100%. Cannot be one foot in, one foot out. Advancing to management in the company is difficult, but is truly possible and the right people do make it.

"Great Opportunity for those who would like to own their own company quick"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Stoneham, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Stoneham, MA

I worked at Commonwealth Sales Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, president is one of the greatest person you will ever meet, team-work mentality, potential to make great money.

The atmosphere is awesome. Games are played every day to pump reps up for the day. Tuesday and Thursday after work the whole office grapes a drinks.

Cons

100% commission, long hours, door-to-door sales, wast a lot of gas