Commonwealth of Massachusetts Program Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Commonwealth of Massachusetts Program Manager Reviews

Found 2 reviews

4.0
Charlie Baker
  1. "Great exposure for a young person."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Pros

-Talent is rewarded quickly with responsibility. - Issues are relevant to society- feel as though you are making an impact. - 9-5 lifestyle - Pay can be competitive - Interesting work

Cons

- Not enough young talent and therefore an older working environments - Politics can get in the way of progress - Limited salary growth

Advice to Management

I have seen both extremely competent former business executives in leadership roles as well as political appointees who have reversed progress and turned their back on doing the RIGHT action in favor of doing the politically sensitive action. Remember that we serve the people of Massachusetts and we have a responsibility to act accordingly. Only put qualified people in positions of leadership.

Commonwealth of Massachusetts2015-02-19
  2. "Stifling Management"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Commonwealth of Massachusetts full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

There is the potential to assist clients and to do real good. Often there is exposure to cases that enable the use of a broad skill set.

Cons

The overlayering of supervisors and managers on the basis of political connections hampers advocacy for clients that do not meet a preconceived agenda.

Advice to Management

Recognize a broader set of objectives. Empower case workers to apply assistance beyond a narrow performance matrix.

Commonwealth of Massachusetts2012-11-05