Found 190 of over 194 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low salaries...Salaries are not competitive with private sector." (in 12 reviews)
- "The pay is low and there isn’t really a way to get an increase unless you move into management." (in 11 reviews)
- "Upper management can be distant and aloof" (in 5 reviews)
- "Raises barely keep up with inflation." (in 5 reviews)
- "Most things move or improve slowly; adequate leadership but not aggressive with change." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Commonwealth of Virginia and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 1.0Sep 20, 2023Lead Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsWilliamsburg, VA
If you have a good manager the job can be easy and fun.
Everything else. No merit raises. Promotion is very controlled. Higher up decisions tend to come and go, do this then go back to doing wht you were doing before. All frustration from RM/DM and UP.
- 4.0Sep 12, 2023FellowCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearRichmond, VA
I loved how much I got to learn and everyone I got to meet as a part of this experience. Working under Governor Youngkin was especially gratifying.
The stipend is a little low for the cost of living in Richmond for the summer.
- 3.0Jul 26, 2023Deputy Court ClerkCurrent EmployeeCharlottesville, VA
The work requires a lot of attention to detail, especially in terms of editing legal forms for mistakes or other errors. This can be a very satisfying job for someone who enjoys being meticulous and efficient in complex yet repetitive settings. You'll never have to work overtime, and the job can be fast paced but not stressful.
It can be very repetitive. There is very little room for creative thinking or original problem solving or personal agency in how you perform the job duties; everything has a right and a wrong way, and the right way must be learned to a tee and executed without mistakes. This type of work can be discouraging for people who strongly value creativity.
- 3.0Aug 31, 2023Information Technology SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChester, VA
Work from home is available.
Limited vacation time at Commonwealth of Virginia agencies
- 4.0May 14, 2023Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney IIFormer Employee, more than 1 yearFairfax, VA
Court time, the people/community, and making a difference.
Pay and politics are less than ideal.
Commonwealth of Virginia Reviews FAQs
Commonwealth of Virginia has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 194 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Commonwealth of Virginia to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
72% of Commonwealth of Virginia employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Commonwealth of Virginia 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.