Communicare Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Communicare Health Services Founder & CEO Stephen L. Rosedale
Stephen L. Rosedale

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good benefits, immediate supervisor knowledgeable, some corporate employees were assets and helpful," (in 3 reviews)

• "Good pay, and the benefits are decent" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Administration can't be bothered to come in when we are short staffed" (in 6 reviews)

• "Flat out lied about pay and benefits" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Administrator in Maryland"

I have been working at Communicare Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, ethical and morale company, family (not investor) run and lots of corporate level resources.

Cons

No issues at this time

2. "Amazing Corporation"

Current Employee - Director of Nursing
    Current Employee - Director of Nursing

I have been working at Communicare Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family owned/operated at the Corporate Level, Caring Leadership, High Expectations for Management and Facility Goals, Rewarding, solid foundation, financially secured, Growing in size, room for advancement for employees, excellent training for new hires

Cons

Benefits start after 90 days on the job,

3. "Behavioral specialist"

I worked at Communicare Health Services full-time

Pros

Good pay, and the benefits are decent

Cons

Poor communication and unclear objectives

Advice to Management

Have open communication

4. "Unethical Company to both employees and patients"

Former Employee - CNA in Wexford, PA
    Former Employee - CNA in Wexford, PA

I worked at Communicare Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wish I could think of one

Cons

I am disgusted with this place. Their motto should be "Money first, patient second." I have seen them lie to state about staffing. They won't report when a patient has shingles, they'll try to sweep it under the rug. Administration can't be bothered to come in when we are short staffed. I've seen good nurses become run down. And their time off is a joke, Work one full year before you get anything, no sick time whatsoever. They won't even make exceptions for severe illnesses like the flu. I'm sure families would love to hear that their nurses and aides are forced to come in with the flu or risk being fired. And it's not like they pay their nurses well to begin with or give decent insurance. I left for a job that had better pay, common sense call off policies, and overall better care for the patients. They couldn't pay me to return.

Advice to Management

Administration: get yourselves to work when you know you will be understaffed.
    Offer better time off for workers and have special considerations for those who are taking time off due to illness

"Lies, Lies, and More Lies"

Former Employee - IID Unit Director in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - IID Unit Director in Canton, OH

I worked at Communicare Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that come to mind.

Cons

CommuniCare Health Services recently bought out the Essex Healthcare subsidiary of Atrium Living Centers (Columbus, OH). 13 buildings were added to their already sub-par repertoire of nursing homes. My building, Canton Healthcare Center was purchased on 2/15/18 with an official take-over date of 3/1/18. Our Administrator assured us that all of our positions were secure and it would just be a simple transfer one CommuniCare officially took us over. I should have know it was a lie. I was contacted by phone on the evening of 2/27/18 at 7PM (having dinner with my family) and was told CommuniCare decided not to bring me on with the take-over. I was not offered 30 days notice (which would have been the professional thing to do since I was a director) nor was I even approached about renegotiating my salary. I wasn't even allowed two weeks to close out my cases and outstanding investigations.

Advice to Management

For a company who talks about transparency and taking care of their employees, you may want to reassess what your company culture represents! Terrible company to work for....maybe...since I was never given the chance. Getting rid of exemplary employees who never had corrective counseling and all outstanding performance evaluations is a travesty, yet keeping staff (Administrator) who has zero people skills and lies to her employees on a daily basis is quite pathetic.

"A culture that is uninhabitable for real human beings"

Current Employee - Regional in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Regional in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Communicare Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big company, growth potential if you're unprofessional, cold, callus, and can make the family money.

Cons

Awful culture. No accountability, top to bottom. Buildings are disgusting. Patient care is diplorable at best. Management is rude, back stabbing, two faced, and only focused on the bottom line. The organization has no real structure and no communication. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Ever. Executives lead with fear and threats. A million "programs" for marketing to sell - but none of them are actually running. We're selling empty promises to patients in need. Despicable. I wouldn't let my worst enemy work or live in and A Communuicare facility

Advice to Management

Stop recreating the wheel. Focus on patient satisfaction and employee satisfaction. The bottom line will take care of itself. Get rid of the CFO & VPO at the top level- they breed the current culture at it's core, simplify everything, and just focus on people instead of numbers!

7. "Negative"

Current Employee - Gna in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Gna in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Communicare Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don’t have any pros for this company and I have been working for them for almost 2 years smh

Cons

Disrespectful residents, unappreciative management. No room to grow. Not a team player environment. Wouldn’t recommend working for this company. They need more education programs as well.

Advice to Management

Be more appreciative of your GNAs. Give them bonuses or some other type of awards other than pizza parties or buying them food.

"Chaos"

I have been working at Communicare Health Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people struggling to do an impossible job. I love all my co-workers and residents . Great staff friendly and warm.

Cons

Never enough staff. One nurse tp 77 residents! Really! Indiama needs to pass minimum stsffing rules. Thats the only way things will get better. When meetings the up all your RNS and some La while one nurse is drowning with 77 resident and no one in management cares something gotta give. I thought when push came to shove pt. care came first?!?

Advice to Management

We need new management or a change in attitude. Why do you think nurses are leaving in droves? Because we are afraid for our license that's why

"First RN position . Not much to go off of."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Greenwood, IN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Greenwood, IN

Pros

Great shifts good pay, laid back comfortable safe environment. Friendly staff . Unlimited overtime if wanted. Great staff Doctor, Nurse Practitioner. Respiratory Therapists on site. Along with PT, OT, SP.

Cons

Lack of available equipment . Management needs to be more hands on and available. Nursing needs more CNA's with schedules that match nursing hours.

10. "Licensed Practical Nurse"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Communicare Health Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours are always available to pickup

Cons

Management will work you and not care, no loyalty

Advice to Management

Be better to the people who make the facilities function properly