Communicare Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Communicare Health Services Founder & CEO Stephen L. Rosedale
Stephen L. Rosedale

"I wouldn't send my dog to be put down here! chardon, ohio location"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Chardon, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Chardon, OH

I worked at Communicare Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have plenty of hours to pick up as a nurse.

Cons

Be careful not to care too much because there are inside clicks, like high school, who do not want you to shine and make them look bad. These are usually the upper managers that don't do anything all day! They need to fire them and start new. The have set rules, but they only thing only certain ppl, usually outside the click, needs to follow. This place is nasty. They treat these folks any kind of way. They always cut hours because they constantly lose their patients (residents). Then they can't keep staff because of the way they treat ppl. Do urself a favor if they don't do you one first. Don't put ur family here and don't work for them. This company is going down in the dumps! They hire anyone with a pulse.

Advice to Management

Hey, corporate! You need to check whose running ur places because all of them are not fit to do the job!

"RN Supervisor"

Current Employee - Nurse in Berea, OH
    Current Employee - Nurse in Berea, OH

I have been working at Communicare Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few decent nurses there, rumor has it other communicare facilities are not as poorly run as this one.

Cons

Continually extremely short staffed on nights, work multiple units plus responsibilities, DON never responds and doesn't care. Management doesn't support staff leaves us to drown. Always short large number of nurses due to people unhappy with the way they are treated. DON doesnt know most do staff, so they will say no to anything requested by her. The few staff that didn't quit with this administration says this is the worst it's ever been. You have seniority if you have been employed around a year. Management comes in and goes as they please, if they have an obligation it's okay but god forbid if you help out all the time and you need something. We all track when they get in and when they go. Biggest thing is no support, they will watch you sink like the titanic and not even care. We can be short 2 or more nurses and they must have forgot how to be a nurse. Soon they will remember because there isn't anyone left. Corporate hr is reaching out asking why so many nurses are leaving, and has us contact people to see their response but its just not good enough. 3 DON's in 2 years, it's gone down hill since I started and I'm on my way to another facility where the nurses are long term.

Advice to Management

Support your staff when they need it before there isn't one last employee or nurse left. Staff the schedule or work like every other place does, none of the 4 adon's or DON work the night shift and dont even know the staff that doesn't get them to comply. Disorganization and no accountability because everyone's got to leave by 3 pm. Whatever with this turn over corporate is already assessing the situation. Treat your staff like their human beings. Accountability.

"LICENSED NURSE"

Pros

Their census is always up. They rarely cancel employees due to low census.

Cons

Poor and incompetent management. Lots of nepotism. The unit managers don't do anything to support the units the are managing, all they do is go to meetings 24/7 and pass on the most simplest task to the already thinned-stretched nurses on the floor. They do not recognize employees who work hard and try go above and beyond.

Advice to Management

Get to working seriously. Recognize your best employees and encourage them to do their very best.

"This is a horrible company with illegal work practices."

Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Berea, OH
    Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Berea, OH

I have been working at Communicare Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good here.

Cons

The culture is terrible. Management comes out with a list of rules every week; all they wanna do is stand by and watch everyone burn. They have moved adult residents into the peds building because of money, which was detrimental to the residents' health and against their family's wishes. They treat their employees like children. If you do something good you get a piece of candy, if you make a mistake you get written up. Well it's hard not to make mistakes when you are given the work of three people and there's only one of you. If you call off you are yelled at for it. If you don't get your work done, you will be written up, but there is usually not enough time to get it done in eight hours. So you must work through lunch (off the clock-illegal); and oftentimes you must work after hours- again off the clock because OT is not allowed, but if you don't get it done you'll get in trouble. I once stayed on the clock an extra half hour to finish my work because other coworkers put me behind, and the next day I was forced to sign an adjustment sheet saying that I punched out on time. If I were paid for all the time I worked off the clock I would have a substantial savings account. Equipment in the kitchen is faulty and frequently catches on fire. Myself and several co-workers have been electrocuted. No one cares. They are so cheap they won't replace anything. A fridge in the kitchen went down last Christmas, still is not fixed. Probably never will be. All they care about is money, to the detriment of their employees and residents. If you are fortunate enough to get a raise the highest you can get is 2%. Not worth the paper it's printed on. Prison camp like conditions. Also you must work every weekend unless you request one off, and even then it's no guarantee. But management does whatever they want.

Advice to Management

Quit.

"Run while you can"

Current Employee - RN in Copley, OH
    Current Employee - RN in Copley, OH

I have been working at Communicare Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LOTS of opportunity! Many many jobs available to apply for

Cons

Administrator is over bearing and yells often at staff on units

Advice to Management

Get a Clue!!!

"The worst professional decision I have ever made!!"

Pros

staffing was increased which is always a good thing but they cut the staff when census changes

Cons

rules apply only to those management wants them to apply to. Regional staff state they want to treat everyone with respect and not "crucify" people for making a mistake yet they don't tell the employees where they stand and they talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Advice to Management

Take a good strong look at the regional teams and make sure they are fair and consistent with facility staff. Listen to the facility staff and recognize that your reputation is a result of the poor decisions made my management. respect those that have worked hard for your company and if someone does something wrong, have enough respect for them to actually tell them what they did wrong so they have an opportunity to correct the mistake as opposed to asking good staff to leave without even knowing why they are asked to leave. Take accountability for the decisions you make as regional and corporate staff as opposed to having others pay the price

8. "Avoid at all costs!!!"

Former Employee - STNA in Berea, OH
    Former Employee - STNA in Berea, OH

I worked at Communicare Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Taking care of the residents and the appreciations you received for your hard work.

Cons

The coworkers were lazy and rude, management doesn't care about their employees, and if you resigned or was terminated in one of their facilities, don't bother applying to another facility owned by them because they don't want you, period.

Advice to Management

When their is a problem between coworkers, listen to both sides instead of firing the one who hasn't been their longer than the other. Also, if someone doesn't work for one of your facilities anymore because they were terminated or resigned, give them another chance if they apply to another facility that you own and let them prove to you how hard-working they are.

9. "work really hard and get less."

Current Employee - STNA in Fairlawn, OH
    Current Employee - STNA in Fairlawn, OH

Pros

no good opportunity here !

Cons

too many to list. no raise in 6 years. Horrible benefits. drama among staff. high turn over rate

Advice to Management

replace all with new management

10. "Lpn charge"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Canal Winchester, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Canal Winchester, OH

I worked at Communicare Health Services (Less than a year)

Pros

The experience due to medical needs in facility

Cons

Never on the same page

11. "Awful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Communicare Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Becoming close to the family members and residents.

Cons

Awful management
    No help or support from the higher ups
    A lot of cover ups

Advice to Management

get new management