Community Care College Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Teresa Knox

1. "I love my work family!"

Current Employee - Administrative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the best company to work for in my opinion. They take care of their employees and I always feel valued and appreciated. It is a home grown operation that gives back and I respect that so much. The culture is what really drives it home. Visit us and you'll see.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. This is the first place I have worked in my adult life where I actually feel valued.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees!

2. "Administration"

Current Employee - Administrative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What a fabulous company to work for! Our CARES (courtesy, accountability, respect, excellence, success) culture is lived out in all the staff and faculty, and the students! People are kind, friendly, and love their work! It's a pleasant environment for all.

Cons

Really, I have no negative comments at this time!

Advice to Management

Whatever you are doing, keep doing it! The culture is what makes the place. Everyone cares for the other, and we are all student-oriented, desiring the best for them.

"OMG!"

Former Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Community Care College (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can really think of.

Cons

Salaries way low. MBA's making $35K per year. Way too much pressure. Required to be available to students 24/7. Work/life balance does not exist. Your life will become the school. Management is inflexible and out of touch. Any comments or suggestions will get you fired. All conversations are monitored. If you say anything suggesting you are even remotely dissatisfied you will be fired. Management takes "At Will employment" to a whole new level. Ever Monday you find out that someone else was let go. You don't discuss it or ask why or you too will be fired. Productivity is discouraged. If you are devoted and want to help the students learn, you will be fired for "straying off:" the designed curriculum. I do not recommend this college.

Advice to Management

You hire smart, educated people. Pay them and encourage them to teach and bring new ideas to the students.

Community Care College Response

Feb 9, 2017 – HR Director

It is unfortunate that your time with the Company was unsatisfactory to you. We want all employees to succeed and feel excited about their job, sometimes it is just not the right fit. According to ... More

4. "Love the school"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

non-profit, student focused, life-time job placement, my supervisor is attentive to my concerns, salary is fair, benefits are great, countless students feel at home here, beautiful to watch the transformation from students.

Cons

I have two weeks of vacation, I wish I had 3.

"Excellent organization that makes a big impact. Loved my 7 years!"

Former Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK

Pros

I worked 7 years for the company and resigned recently only to take care of my children. Despite operating in a disruptive environment called higher education, the school genuinely puts students and employees first. They converted to non profit in order to increase the number and amount of scholarships and to even the playing field with government schools like TTC. It was the best job. Benefits average around $15,000 per year and my pay was more than I had ever made for administrative work.

Cons

I couldn't ask for a better employer. I plan on going back in 2 years if they will have me!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Involve graduates and former employees with advisory board positions and assistance with fund raisers like fashion show.

Community Care College Response

Apr 5, 2016 – HR Specialist

Thank you very much for the feedback. We strive very hard to be the best possible organization. We wish you the best of luck in your journey, and hope we cross paths again!

"A lipstick smeared pig"

Former Employee - Administrative in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Administrative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Community Care College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Formed many wonderful friendships and enjoyed great perks such as free massage and generous discounts on goods and services. Nice facilities.

Cons

It may seem excessive to describe this organization as cult like, but I can't say how many times that very word crossed my mind while working there. I snicker as I read a review written by a current employee raving about the low turnover rate, putting God first and the positive, life changing impact the school has on students. I remember being regaled with the same tellings during an employment interview at Community Care College and later found absolutely no validity whatsoever in these canned talking points.

I had the misfortune of being seated within earshot of a department that sued dropouts. Listening as former students would literally beg, cry and plead that a lawsuit garnishing their already meager wages for the inability to make payments be dropped. I was horrified by some of the ghastly responses such as "it's not my problem" and "you should have thought about this before you enrolled", or "well, that's just too bad." Locks were placed on certain departments doors shortly after this practice began. Hearing these sorts of conversations marked the lowest point of my employment time at CCC and necessitated the employment of some heavy duty mental gymnastics before reporting to work each day.

In the open air, management required that the financial aid department not "package" new enrollees who brought with them large amounts of existing student loan debt along with a history of multiple drops from other schools nobly suggesting that an almost inevitable repeat would only deepen the existing hole of a potential student. I can't count the number of those that fit this very scenario who were enrolled and saddled with even more loan debt only to drop a short time later. Looking back, I feel shame that I played a role in robbing others of any hope of financial freedom, the very thing that brought them to the doors of CCC.

There were bloodbaths of layoffs and firings. I recall the insult and anguish of a good number close friends as they were forced to fight for unemployment benefits after it was said that their dismissal was due to spending too much time on the internet, which, in every case was later disproven.

The glowing reviews on this site are unsurprising, as I recall that on at least two occasions I (as well as many others) was required to publicly express positive statements about the school. One in the form of a written statement regarding what a great company CCC was to work for and the other a video recording of what a great benefit the school was to it's students. I reluctantly did as I was told, but didn't dare tout the "God first" tenant, as by doing so marking myself a charlatan.

Job placement is a joke. Graduates were regularly placed in jobs that had very little connection to their respective field of study.

This new talk of being non-profit is a smoke screen. There are 101 ways to be classified as such and still direct dollars dirctly into the pockets of owners and shareholders.

While my salary was decent, I would never work for this company again. It made me feel dirty and shameful. I regret having stayed as long as I did, especially after discovering it's nasty inner workings.

Advice to Management

Pay off the student loans of thousands of your graduates whose CCC diploma/degree holds little or no respect in the job market, leaving them in a worse position than before attending your school.

7. "Amazing Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent CEO and College leadership! Very positive environment that's customer service oriented. Beautiful campuses, wonderful people to work with. I love that we change lives and do so much for the community. I would never work anywhere else!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Community Care College is my second family. Each and everyday there is a smile to greet me."

Current Employee - Surgical Tech Department Head in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Surgical Tech Department Head in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work at Community Care College for many reasons... Personally, I want to share my passion for Surgical Technology and this position allows me to do that. From an employee stand point, I love that our top core value is to HONOR GOD. This is vital for me as an employee because I have the opportunity to pray for and with the students when the situation calls for it. I have a team that is above and beyond supportive. We as a department have the common love for helping people in general, but particularly helping students get from where they are to where they want to be.

Cons

Students become such a part of my life that I truly miss them when they are gone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Community Care College is a fantastic place to work. Thank you for always believing in me and supporting me in my growth.

"My co-workers, students, and incredible environment make going to work a joy!"

Current Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at Community Care has so much compassion for their each individual job, which gives our students the best possible outcome to be successful. Community care actually cares not only about their students, but also their employees and I have loved working there over the last year. I love that if I have a question, I can go to anyone and ask for help, even admin!

Cons

It would be great if we had a FSA or HSA for our families as well as a daycare on site again. The company itself, I have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the students and employees in mind. The employee activities throughout the year are wonderful and really keep everyone involved.

"I love working for Community Care College and the feeling of being a part of such an awesome team."

Current Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can go to any faculty/staff member at any time and know that they will help me with any questions I may have.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons off the top of my head.

Advice to Management

Please maintain the passion you have for students and the faith that you have in us as instructors. We can see you leading by example and it is contagious!