Community Care College Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Teresa Knox

"Run fast, Run far"

I worked at Community Care College

Pros

They legitimately care about students

Cons

Horrible culture; ZERO integrity, rampant nepotism. Consistently displayed terrible business sense, management skills, human resource management, and culture. Stated culture culture is one of openness and respect; actual culture is one of fear and control.

Community Care College2016-06-02
  2. "Love the school"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

non-profit, student focused, life-time job placement, my supervisor is attentive to my concerns, salary is fair, benefits are great, countless students feel at home here, beautiful to watch the transformation from students.

Cons

I have two weeks of vacation, I wish I had 3.

Community Care College2016-04-05

"Excellent organization that makes a big impact. Loved my 7 years!"

Former Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Community Care College

Pros

I worked 7 years for the company and resigned recently only to take care of my children. Despite operating in a disruptive environment called higher education, the school genuinely puts students and employees first. They converted to non profit in order to increase the number and amount of scholarships and to even the playing field with government schools like TTC. It was the best job. Benefits average around $15,000...

Cons

I couldn't ask for a better employer. I plan on going back in 2 years if they will have me!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Involve graduates and former employees with advisory board positions and assistance with fund raisers like fashion show.

Community Care College2016-03-04

Community Care College Response

April 5, 2016HR Specialist

Thank you very much for the feedback. We strive very hard to be the best possible organization. We wish you the best of luck in your journey, and hope we cross paths again!

4. "Great Company"

I have been working at Community Care College full-time

Pros

Great company with an amazing culture. Some of the friendliest people you will ever meet in your life with a passion for the students. They don't see the students as numbers like some schools, but actually see them as people. The leadership is solid, programs are strong, and community is second to none.

Cons

Its a growing company, so growth opportunities are there, but limited. Because of its size, there aren't a vast array of options to grow into if your are looking to move up quickly.

Advice to Management

Create more lateral growth opportunities. Develop more mentoring opportunities that can link towards your growth.

Community Care College2016-03-15

Community Care College Response

April 5, 2016HR Specialist

Thank you very much for your feedback. We very much appreciate your contributions, and look forward to many more years of productive employment together.

5. "A very happy and long term employee of Community Care College"

I have been working at Community Care College full-time

Pros

Terrific college built over 20+ years. Committed team working to help students find great careers! Thousands of graduates who have contributed to the job market and are tax paying, contributing citizens. Overall student and employee reviews are very positive and many employees plan to work at CCC until they retire. Best culture and work environment I have ever experienced!

Cons

Overall the majority of reviews posted on glassdoor represent the positive truth and facts about CCC and the great place it is to work! Unfortunately, on rare occasions, a terminated or disgruntled employee will spread untruths about the college, apparently trying to destroy or discredit the great reputation CCCt has established over the years.

Advice to Management

Don't let the very few who focus on the negative versus the positive good that Community Care College has done for the Tulsa area for over 20 years, interfere with your Mission and objective of helping thousands of students obtain great professions!

Community Care College2016-01-25

"A lipstick smeared pig"

Former Employee - Administrative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Community Care College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Formed many wonderful friendships and enjoyed great perks such as free massage and generous discounts on goods and services. Nice facilities.

Cons

It may seem excessive to describe this organization as cult like, but I can't say how many times that very word crossed my mind while working there. I snicker as I read a review written by a current employee raving about the low turnover rate, putting God first and the positive, life changing impact the school has on students. I remember being regaled with the same tellings during an employment interview at Community...

Advice to Management

Pay off the student loans of thousands of your graduates whose CCC diploma/degree holds little or no respect in the job market, leaving them in a worse position than before attending your school.

Community Care College2016-01-19

"Employee"

I worked at Community Care College full-time

Pros

Worse company to work for. Its a facade they put on just to take students mobey. Job placement, get out the newspaper because that's all they do. Open the paper and tell us to call. They went non profit because the federal government changed policy on student loans... The owner just puts all that money in her and her families pockets.

Cons

The president is the owners puppet! No backbone. Tells people what they want to hear. He needs to retire.

Advice to Management

Sell you business you think your great. You talk about people behind their back, you treat people terrible, did you forget where you came from? I think so

Community Care College2016-01-17
  8. "Amazing Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent CEO and College leadership! Very positive environment that's customer service oriented. Beautiful campuses, wonderful people to work with. I love that we change lives and do so much for the community. I would never work anywhere else!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Community Care College2015-07-14

"Community Care College is my second family. Each and everyday there is a smile to greet me."

Current Employee - Surgical Tech Department Head in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work at Community Care College for many reasons... Personally, I want to share my passion for Surgical Technology and this position allows me to do that. From an employee stand point, I love that our top core value is to HONOR GOD. This is vital for me as an employee because I have the opportunity to pray for and with the students when the situation calls for it. I have a team that is above and beyond supportive. We...

Cons

Students become such a part of my life that I truly miss them when they are gone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Community Care College is a fantastic place to work. Thank you for always believing in me and supporting me in my growth.

Community Care College2015-03-04

"My co-workers, students, and incredible environment make going to work a joy!"

Current Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Community Care College for more than a year

Pros

Everyone at Community Care has so much compassion for their each individual job, which gives our students the best possible outcome to be successful. Community care actually cares not only about their students, but also their employees and I have loved working there over the last year. I love that if I have a question, I can go to anyone and ask for help, even admin!

Cons

It would be great if we had a FSA or HSA for our families as well as a daycare on site again. The company itself, I have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the students and employees in mind. The employee activities throughout the year are wonderful and really keep everyone involved.

Community Care College2015-03-04