Community Connect Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Management"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Community Connect (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to help the community

Cons

Teams are very small and need growth.

Advice to Management

Continue working with Partners

"Worst CEO I've EVER worked with"

Former Employee - Finance Director in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Director in Riverside, CA

I worked at Community Connect full-time

Pros

The organization has a good mission and objectives. Dedicated staff.

Cons

Terrible Facility, Worst CEO in my 40 year career. This CEO has ruined this organization's reputation in the community. Running it into the ground. Ran off every long term employee from the company due to her terrible leadership methods.

Advice to Management

GET A NEW CEO!

3. "Sinking ship"

I worked at Community Connect full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazingly dedicated and supportive staff who love what they do. Central location to DT Riverside.

Cons

CEO is horrible. Pay is ridiculously low. Benefits are bad with high fees. Old building with poor conditions. Parking sucks. Have to deal with the homeless community accosting you as you are coming and going. No supplies to do your job. Staff has to also be the janitors but with no supplies to do it. New hires will make more than the long term dedicated employees who train them. The board of directors doesn't care about the staff who give their all to run this organization while dealing with a dictator who belittles everyone, who is a hypocrite to the highest degree and will tell you to your face that she doesn't "get down in the weeds" and yet puts herself there so she can boss everyone around for no reason other than to boost her power tripping ego. She spends her day outside smoking with her "pet" staff 6 times a day for 45 minutes at a time and then sits around BSing with those same people inside for the rest of her day. When she actually has to work on a grant you would think the world was ending so stay out of her way or prepare to be talked to like you're the lowest scum of the earth. She has run off every long term employee who was worth their weight in gold. She knows NOTHING about the programs she has here. She just lost the contract for the largest program we've had for the last 20 years to another county so this ship is sinking fast. So very disappointed in our board chair for allowing this to happen on his watch when he has been warned several times that she isn't all that she pretends to be in front of him.

Advice to Management

It's too late. You ruined all the hard work that our former CEO's did to keep this place as a source of help for the community. Now it's just a joke. Maybe actually step foot into the offices and talk to the staff. If everyone has the same experience with the CEO you might want to listen. It's not a difference of personalities. It's a woman who is out of her league trying to run an established nonprofit and ruining 60 years of hard work in a matter of a year. You should be ashamed that you allowed this.

"Poor leadership CEO April 2016-2017"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Community Connect (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers are friendly and supportive

Cons

The CEO is fake. The CEO is one way with the employees in front of funder's and another way with employees behind closed doors. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Nothing you can do is ever right you will get no support from the CEO. Obviously board members don't care and/or are clueless. I'm a current employee at the time of this post/review. I have watched the CEO badger two employees who have worked here for 17 years into resigning. CEO will roll their eyes and has poor body language. In my 15 years of working in an office I have never encountered someone of this management style.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on obviously no one on the board cares about the employees.

"Horrible Management/CEO"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I worked at Community Connect full-time

Pros

Great location, friendly and support coworkers

Cons

The CEO is the most difficult person that I have ever had to work with. She has a very bad attitude and feeds off of intimidating employees to exert her power. She doesn't have enough experience for the role, but acts as if she knows it all and consistently puts employees down. She's incredibly unprofessional all around. Save yourself the headache and stress, and avoid this place.

"Think twice"

Former Employee - Program Director in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Program Director in Riverside, CA

I worked at Community Connect full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Centrally located in a historic building. Many of the staff are friendly and focused on their commitment to the community

Cons

CEO, has an attitude of a dictator. Poor salaries, health care insurance and large co-pays. Some board support, but are mostly not interested in anything other than their name on the letter head.

Advice to Management

More team building and connecting with the staff.

"General"

I have been working at Community Connect full-time

Pros

Awesome team, love the flexibility. I enjoyed everyone's presence and upbeat attitude.

Cons

A very old organization, would like to see more young and growing talent.