Community Health Solutions of America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Dale Schmidt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Management is awesome"

Current Employee - Community Health Worker in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Community Health Worker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Community Health Solutions of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is very helpful and understanding. Very transparent. You can come to them with questions/concerns and they are always willing to help. Alot of resources and trainings available to keep track of all the changes. Employees opinions are taken into consideration.

Cons

Basically ginue pigs for the programs from the Third Party contractors, which tend to be a little unorganized and always changing.

2. "N/A"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Community Health Solutions of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For th emost partthe staff is comprised of very hardworking employees that go the extra mile

Cons

Upper level management does not give enough recognition to the staff.

Advice to Management

Need to focus on each employees professional development

3. "Small company with big achievements"

Former Employee - Utilization Review in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Utilization Review in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Community Health Solutions of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn multiple skills and disciplines. Was able to lean case management and utilization review at this company.

Cons

Portion of the company was sold and jobs were not extended to employees after the takeover. No real educator. Had to learn off coworkers.

Advice to Management

Don't put all the eggs in one basket.

"Current Employee who loves the pace, content and dynamics"

I have been working at Community Health Solutions of America full-time

Pros

I love to work in an energy driven and fast paced work environment. I like a culture that is dynamic so it presents challenges and new opportunities for me and my co-workers from which to learn and grow. I have some great mentors and friends here as well.

I listen and watch as we make great strides for our clients and our client's medical populations. That is inspiring to me. I'm not a healthcare worker but I like to make a difference in the world. It is nice to know that I am contributing in some fashion to this effort.

Cons

This isn't a huge corporation with many layers of employees working on fragmented job responsibilities. It is busy and even management rolls up their sleeves to get the job done. It is a team effort. I've learned so much outside of my regular responsibilities that it actually helps me to do my job more efficiently.

Advice to Management

Sharing more of the future goals or prospects with staff would be ideal. Generating excitement is contagious.

5. "A lot of positive change in the last year"

Current Employee - N/A in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - N/A in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

CHS and its other companies are a great organization to work for. The previous executive team was mostly replaced in 2014 and 2015 by positive leadership who are focusing on making the companies grow again. We are ending the year on a high note with several new programs in place and new business opportunities coming up. Although everyone works really really, it is exciting and full of opportunity. There are some really talented people working at CHS.

Cons

Because CHS is growing, everyone works hard. It can be difficult sometimes.

Advice to Management

Make sure employees feel appreciated for their hard work and commitment.

6. "LPN Utilization Review"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Outpatient Utilization Review in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Community Health Solutions of America (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers. Interesting job. Good location

Cons

Company sold, position eliminated. No other position was available for an LPN.

Advice to Management

Have more faith in LPNs and our capabilities.

"I grew as a professional, and then I left"

Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Community Health Solutions of America full-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling, some supervisors are good, management is understanding of life issues, its the co-workers make this place tolerable for however long you need to be here. Pay is better for being a call center.

Cons

The benefits get worse every year. Policy changes made without informing people what changes will be affecting them. Raises are a joke. No incentives or bonuses. Morale is really low. No upward mobility, the manager favorites are promoted to the meager supervisory opportunities. The supervisors are too overworked and are more burned out than their team members. The company had call center reps work on this really important project that once complete they sent an email out telling them it made the company over $10 million and the employees got a pizza party.

Advice to Management

Give incentives. Get better benefits. Take care of your employees and they will work hard for you then just the paycheck you're giving out now.

"Poor leadership; no stability; very high turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Community Health Solutions of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location for commute from all areas; you can survive here by keeping quiet and doing minimal work as long as you don't ask any questions and do exactly what your told.

Cons

Moral very low with employees; high producing co-workers are walked out almost every Friday with no warning. Little to no communication from upper management. No employee perks and minimal benefits. Low pay scale. No room for growth. Your boss will more than likely not have a clue what you do and will give you orders to do things that are impossible or do not make any sense.

Advice to Management

Grow the talent from within; keep your shining stars instead of being threatened by them. Stop hiring management that does not know anything about the positions being hired for. Utilize the skills of the in-house staff

"Medicaid insurance third party company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Pros

It's a job. Co-workers are nice; most of the supervisors and managers are nice. Work environment is acceptable. Location in county is centralized but difficult for bus riders.

Cons

No wage increases and no advancment opportunities. Told both would not happen this year. Average wages for the area. Like noted above, the office is located in a difficult place for bus riders. About a 2 hour ride for most. Managment does not encourage or motivate employees with sponsoring pot lucks or holiday events. The cost of those things is the burden of the employees.

Advice to Management

More motivation, more encouragement, more recognition; Offer opportunities for advancement or be honest with employees and tell them there is no future for the company due to no Medicaid expansion so they have enough time to look for another job. Perhaps employees can assist with ideas in developing business in those states that DID expand Medicaid??? We are never asked what ideas we might have.

10. "CHS - The most important employer I've had"

I worked at Community Health Solutions of America full-time

Pros

Tightly-knit, team oriented, family-owned company with great respect for both internal employees and the patients they serve. Motivating environment that respects fresh ideas and encourages outside the box thinking.

Cons

With a small customer base and sales team, CHS does not have a significant growth rate; however, with new corporate expansion and partnering with another local company, this is definitely going to change!

Advice to Management

Continue communications with employees upon new business/prospects/marketplace intelligence! People enjoy “being in the know”.