Community Healthcare Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Community Healthcare Network Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2019

Found 59 reviews

2.9
Community Healthcare Network CEO Robert M. Hayes (no image)
Robert M. Hayes
Pros
Cons
  • "low pay, little room for career advancement(in 6 reviews)

• "Favoritism, If favored regardless of performance there is room for growth(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company lots of benefits"

Current Employee - Hepatits C Navigator in New York, NY

I have been working at Community Healthcare Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, Union Job, nine to 5 pm

Cons

Monday through Saturday only hours

Community Healthcare Network2019-06-25
  2. "Good place to work at"

Former Employee - Care Manager

I worked at Community Healthcare Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, schedule , benefits

Cons

A lot of work, sometimes not enough time to complete

Community Healthcare Network2019-08-09
  3. "Unorganized"

Current Employee - Medical Office Specialist

I have been working at Community Healthcare Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

company unorganized as a whole

Advice to Management

Be more attentive

Community Healthcare Network2019-08-23

"Good training ground for new professionals, but you will be frustrated if you have experience"

I worked at Community Healthcare Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most staff are passionate and really care about CHN’s patients and communities. Good benefits (PTO, health insurance). Lots of autonomy. Lack of structure allows for a lot of learning/problem solving on the job.

Cons

Very little investment in training and staff management. Low morale due to frequent turnover, under staffing, and burnout. Leadership tries to milk staff’s capacity without supporting administrative functions (building effective systems, communication, retaining good employees, administrative time, meetings), so there are a lot of people making things up as they go. This is embarrassing as an organization with a... long history.

Advice to Management

The current focus on growth without scaling up management and infrastructure is compromising quality. Take more time to (really) listen to staff at the centers before making decisions that impact them. If you want patient care to be improved, you have to care for the staff. Train senior leadership on diversity and inclusion.

Community Healthcare Network2019-06-24
  5. "They are rude & racist"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant

I worked at Community Healthcare Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't say any positive

Cons

My third day in training& first time meeting the supervisor & I was fired. She said "I don't fit in" must be that im white. You never saw me perform my job duties So how can I not fit in? I was on the west side of Harlem. She had something personal against me. Employees are rude & they make fun of the patients. The best thing they could have done was fire me, I was quitting anyway.

Community Healthcare Network2019-07-14

"Patient Navigqtor"

I have been working at Community Healthcare Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, insurance and days off

Cons

Better managers needed and administrators

Community Healthcare Network2019-05-12

"Toxic"

I worked at Community Healthcare Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most coworkers are great and really want to help communities. A lot are from the area and grew up in neighborhoods. Smart and caring people. Can be good for the experience for 1-2 years if you can last. Healthcare is cheaper after you get it. Can put money to subway. You aren’t allowed to get health insurance at CHN when they hire you and you have to wait. Some people getting degrees and some managers are flexible.

Cons

Job offered is not the job you get. Lots of people leaving at every level. Top management has lots of change and fighting. Budget issues and cuts. They can’t keep nurses or doctors in clinics or at Central (management). No direction because of constant changes at Central. Managers steal ideas from people or don’t do the work and take credit and promotions. Patients angry with long wait times and canceled... appointments. Focus is on research not patients. CHN is really big so you are not a human being in a big system. One day you have to be in the Bronx, next day in Brooklyn and you get no notice. Quality going down and people and patients unhappy. Not safe. Don’t have what you need to do your job. Then you get blamed. Favoritism. Some people punished. others don’t follow the rules. Disrespect. Bullying. Sexist. People are scared at work. Used to be a great place to work is what old timers say. Not any more. It is “whitening” of a community health center. The just have old white men and Wall Street types running the place who don’t care about communities. Managers yell. No one likes the CEO. He makes a lot of promises. Showboat. No real action.

Advice to Management

Focus on patients. Listen to staff. Respect communities. Respect staff. No more empty promises. Not as much change all the time. This isn’t a research lab. Not as many old white men running things. Be more fair and honest.

Community Healthcare Network2019-06-18
  8. "Its OK"

Current Employee - Health Educator

I have been working at Community Healthcare Network full-time

Pros

Cool. Good benefits. Union.

Cons

No room for growth. Spanish sticks with Spanish. Whites stick with whites.

Community Healthcare Network2019-04-09

"Awful management, rewarding work"

Former Employee - FNP

I worked at Community Healthcare Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a place which gives NPs a lot of autonomy and is a great place to learn a wide set of skills as a new provider. The work itself is rewarding because you truly are making a difference in the lives of your patients who are very appreciative of your service. Health insurance is also good and coworkers are friendly. Learn what you can and then go to a place where you are actually valued as a provider.

Cons

Very little administrative time for charting/refills/lab review/ patient phone calls (1 hr/week), overbooking patients (expected to see 20+ patients per day), poor work life balance, high burnout and thus high turnover company wide, expected to work saturdays, management not receptive to feedback, a lot of disorganization with management. Would see providers having emotional breakdowns on the verge of quitting on... the regular. Also felt like there was differential treatment and double standards based on race, lack of diversity in upper management.

Advice to Management

Value your providers, they are the cornerstone of the company and mission. Be receptive to feedback, no need to waste time on endless surveys and meetings if at the end of the day no change is implemented and our opinions don’t actually matter.

Community Healthcare Network2019-04-12
  10. "salary"

I have been working at Community Healthcare Network full-time

Pros

great coworker and great beneifts

Cons

low pay. no growth. will like better pay

Community Healthcare Network2019-03-19