Community Reach Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard L. Doucet, MA

1. "Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, mostly good management, dedicated staff

Cons

Too much work with not enough resources, but not different than other community mental health

2. "Former Teacher at Day Treatment"

Former Employee - Social Studies and Language Teacher in Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - Social Studies and Language Teacher in Longmont, CO

I worked at Community Reach Center (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO who is concerned with providing staff the best opportunities to help clients. Many dedicated individuals wanting to help those in the community who are struggling with mental health disorders.

Cons

Nothing really sticks out to me as negatives from my time there.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice.

3. "Rewarding work! The salary is low when you're unlicensed but you get a decent bump once your license is approved."

Current Employee - Unlicensed Therapist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Unlicensed Therapist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to move around once you're in the system. Great coworkers, rewarding work, good benefits, and great PTO.

Cons

Constant state of change and flux. Large caseload and high billable hour expectations, but that is typical for working in the non-profit sector.

Advice to Management

Be more thoughtful of implementing new changes.

"Very caring company"

Current Employee - Mental Health Technician in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Mental Health Technician in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company dedicated to client care, and also really cares about its employees. Great benefits (including plenty of PTO), decent pay, and always supportive & helpful.

Cons

As with anywhere in mental health, the job itself can be exhausting. But CRC does what it can to help employees prevent burnout. The electronic health record is complicated and touchy. IS department isn't always very helpful

6. "Supportive and encouraging"

Current Employee - Case Managemer in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Case Managemer in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time

Pros

Wonderful benefits especially regarding paid time off - 4 weeks a year for the first 2 years, 6 weeks after 2 years, medical/dental benefits with good options, supportive management, maternity leave up to 12 weeks, flexibility depending on the job, management/leadership listens to staff concerns, and recommendations, room for growth.

Cons

The electronic record keeping system leaves a lot to be desired however, this is a work in progress. This isn't a con necessarily but with the size of the company it would be amazing to have on-site childcare.

Advice to Management

Please continue the open door policy and supportive stance. These things have increased my job satisfaction a great deal.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Clinician in Northglenn, CO
    Current Employee - Clinician in Northglenn, CO

Pros

The pros are the freedom, the benefits And being able to be part of such a great team that truly care about the client's and the mission.

Cons

Pay could be better for amount of resposibility and work load. Not enough room for advancement for Bachelor's level clinicians.

"A mixed bag"

Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place for new Master's Level graduates to get a foot in the door and learn A TON about mental health and clinical work. Supervision is free! The benefits and time-off is great (you get 13 hours/month in your first 2 years, and 20 hours a month once you hit the 2 year mark). I met and worked with a lot of wonderful people. It tends to be a fairly supportive environment. Depending on the job you have, schedules can be flexible which accounts for great work/life balance.

Cons

A lot of times decisions are made from leadership, without consulting with front-line staff; There is constant change in the agency and you must be able to adapt quickly to change or you will down (i.e I learned 3 different Electronic Health Record systems in my 2 years); Pay is bad (I don't agree that they are in line with other Mental Health agencies... I actually think it is one of the worst when it comes to pay) and employee retention suffers as a result -- it's hard to find people (aside from management) who have worked at CRC for more than 3 years. A lot of program management issues which causes a disorganized agency with a lot of mixed messages.

Advice to Management

Pay more, retain better.

"Not the worst place to work, but not the best."

Current Employee - Therapist in Commerce City, CO
    Current Employee - Therapist in Commerce City, CO

Pros

The best, and really only reason to work at Community Reach as a clinician is if you believe in helping the under served population in Adams County.

Cons

Management is very disconnected from clinical work, and do not show respect and gratitude to those who are providing the services that keep the agency going.

Advice to Management

Keep doing clinical work so you aren't so disconnected. Treat your clinicians - from bachelors level to lower management with the kind of respect and gratitude you would give someone who is putting food on your table - because in a way, we are.

"Good place to start your career"

Current Employee - Therapist in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Therapist in Thornton, CO

Pros

Great experiene for people new to the field. Good PTO.

Cons

Salary really low for people in the field a long time.

Advice to Management

NONE

11. "Challenging, but Rewarding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Licensed Therapist
    Current Employee - Licensed Therapist

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ I love the people that I work with
    + I feel that I am doing a lot of hard work to really help those who most need it
    + I see and can talk casually with a lot of people in the upper management
    + I am very well-aware of our management structure and feel comfortable approaching them for what I might need
    + I do feel that they try their best to make pay competitive
    + Lots of room to move to different positions and move up to management positions in the company
    + You frequently receive feedback on how to improve your documentation and assessing for risk
    + They expect perfection (this can be a con, as well) but it is a good challenge to keep on growing as a clinician
    + Clear communication from what upper management is aiming for and what that will mean for the ground-level staff
    + Lots of ability to receive consultation and supervision support -- getting support to get your license is very encouraged
    + Upper management is knowledgeable about how the world is changing and I think they are diversifying appropriately to make sure we are stable and don't have layoffs

Cons

- Management has wonderful and innovative ideas but putting them into action has been a mess. Often, we start implementing something only to be told a week later, "Stop doing it, we actually aren't ready for it."
    - Merit increases and any kind of increase between jobs are minimal, they will ask you to provide clinical supervision if you're licensed with no increase in pay
    - The unlicensed therapists report that their pay is very low and they struggle to make ends meet. I've heard that they don't offer an increase in pay once they get their license, only provide them with the minimal monthly license compensation (around $200/mo).
    - The outpatient therapists are overwhelmed and have very high caseloads, burnout is expected.
    - If you speak Spanish as a therapist, that is what you will do for the rest of your career at CRC. There is too strong of a need for Spanish-speaking therapists and not enough staff to fulfill that.
    - I do find that management could be more direct in their approach. Sometimes I feel those in management positions talk around a subject without directly bringing it up, I would prefer someone who I have a trusting relationship just tell me directly what is going on.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being available and clear with us. Just remember that implementing some of these big changes can mean we feel overwhelmed and unsupported at times. I would really like to see our upper management interacting with us more to show that they care and want to make sure we don't burn out of our jobs.