Community Reach Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Community Reach Center Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2019

Found 38 reviews

2.9
Community Reach Center CEO Richard L. Doucet, MA (no image)
Richard L. Doucet, MA

"Therapist/ Supervisor"

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people. Good mission. Generous benefits package for good work/like balance.

Cons

Stressful and intense day to day.

Community Reach Center2017-09-05
  2. "Not a bad gig here"

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time

Pros

Nice benefits, flexible schedule, good team

Cons

Scheduling is a bit too decentralized

Community Reach Center2017-06-01
  3. "School Based Therapist"

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Employee Benefits

Cons

Salary, the constant change in policies, lack of support and understanding from leadership team.

Community Reach Center2017-03-08

"Challenging, but Rewarding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Licensed Therapist

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ I love the people that I work with + I feel that I am doing a lot of hard work to really help those who most need it + I see and can talk casually with a lot of people in the upper management + I am very well-aware of our management structure and feel comfortable approaching them for what I might need + I do feel that they try their best to make pay competitive + Lots of room to move to different positions... and move up to management positions in the company + You frequently receive feedback on how to improve your documentation and assessing for risk + They expect perfection (this can be a con, as well) but it is a good challenge to keep on growing as a clinician + Clear communication from what upper management is aiming for and what that will mean for the ground-level staff + Lots of ability to receive consultation and supervision support -- getting support to get your license is very encouraged + Upper management is knowledgeable about how the world is changing and I think they are diversifying appropriately to make sure we are stable and don't have layoffs

Cons

- Management has wonderful and innovative ideas but putting them into action has been a mess. Often, we start implementing something only to be told a week later, "Stop doing it, we actually aren't ready for it." - Merit increases and any kind of increase between jobs are minimal, they will ask you to provide clinical supervision if you're licensed with no increase in pay - The unlicensed therapists report that... their pay is very low and they struggle to make ends meet. I've heard that they don't offer an increase in pay once they get their license, only provide them with the minimal monthly license compensation (around $200/mo). - The outpatient therapists are overwhelmed and have very high caseloads, burnout is expected. - If you speak Spanish as a therapist, that is what you will do for the rest of your career at CRC. There is too strong of a need for Spanish-speaking therapists and not enough staff to fulfill that. - I do find that management could be more direct in their approach. Sometimes I feel those in management positions talk around a subject without directly bringing it up, I would prefer someone who I have a trusting relationship just tell me directly what is going on.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being available and clear with us. Just remember that implementing some of these big changes can mean we feel overwhelmed and unsupported at times. I would really like to see our upper management interacting with us more to show that they care and want to make sure we don't burn out of our jobs.

Community Reach Center2017-02-12
  5. "Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexibility, mostly good management, dedicated staff

Cons

Too much work with not enough resources, but not different than other community mental health

Community Reach Center2016-12-31
  6. "Community Mental Health"

I worked at Community Reach Center part-time

Pros

Ability to practice independently per training and best practice methods, internal training offered frequently

Cons

High caseloads, vigorous paperwork requirements, constantly changing requirements, attempts at micro managing, big agency changes and changes of treatment focus without notice or input from staff.

Advice to Management

While management is working hard to keep the center up to date and accredited with various agencies, more attention needs to be paid to the staff actually providing the services.

Community Reach Center2016-11-02
  7. "General"

I have been working at Community Reach Center part-time

Pros

Good employment benefits, flexible staffing

Cons

Crisis Unit very new, has a lot of kinks, lack of supervisory support for after hours staff.

Community Reach Center2016-07-02
  8. "Former Teacher at Day Treatment"

Social Studies and Language Teacher in Longmont, CO

I worked at Community Reach Center for less than a year

Pros

CEO who is concerned with providing staff the best opportunities to help clients. Many dedicated individuals wanting to help those in the community who are struggling with mental health disorders.

Cons

Nothing really sticks out to me as negatives from my time there.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice.

Community Reach Center2016-03-08
  9. "Rewarding work! The salary is low when you're unlicensed but you get a decent bump once your license is approved."

Current Employee - Unlicensed Therapist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to move around once you're in the system. Great coworkers, rewarding work, good benefits, and great PTO.

Cons

Constant state of change and flux. Large caseload and high billable hour expectations, but that is typical for working in the non-profit sector.

Advice to Management

Be more thoughtful of implementing new changes.

Community Reach Center2016-02-28

"Great company"

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PTO's amazing. After working there for 2 years it goes up to 20 hours a month. They offer a whole lot of trainings.

Cons

Pay isnt great Communication is something they desperately need to work on.

Advice to Management

Communication

Community Reach Center2016-02-22