Community Reach Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Community Reach Center Reviews

Updated 8 Oct 2019

2.9
Community Reach Center CEO Richard L. Doucet, MA (no image)
Richard L. Doucet, MA

"Very caring company"

Current Employee - Mental Health Technician in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a company dedicated to client care, and also really cares about its employees. Great benefits (including plenty of PTO), decent pay, and always supportive & helpful.

Cons

As with anywhere in mental health, the job itself can be exhausting. But CRC does what it can to help employees prevent burnout. The electronic health record is complicated and touchy. IS department isn't always very helpful

Community Reach Center2016-01-01
  2. "Good company, growing and improving"

Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent benefits, lots of PTO. Self-care is valued. I like my team and co-workers, supportive. Upper Management is striving to make improvements overall. CRC is focused on being a wellness and employment destination. Trust edge is big right now. Lots of CEU/trainings offered. New programs and teams being developed.

Cons

The EHR, TIER, can be finicky and there's always changes... billable hours are often stressed in supervision.You can be stretched thin, this can cause burn out (without proper self-care).

Advice to Management

Keep up the clarity and connection with all staff- keep supporting multidisciplinary teams and integrated care. Keep focusing on more specialized teams.

Community Reach Center2015-11-17
  3. "Supportive and encouraging"

Current Employee - Case Managemer in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time

Pros

Wonderful benefits especially regarding paid time off - 4 weeks a year for the first 2 years, 6 weeks after 2 years, medical/dental benefits with good options, supportive management, maternity leave up to 12 weeks, flexibility depending on the job, management/leadership listens to staff concerns, and recommendations, room for growth.

Cons

The electronic record keeping system leaves a lot to be desired however, this is a work in progress. This isn't a con necessarily but with the size of the company it would be amazing to have on-site childcare.

Advice to Management

Please continue the open door policy and supportive stance. These things have increased my job satisfaction a great deal.

Community Reach Center2015-08-05

"Great place to work!"

Clinician in Northglenn, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center

Pros

The pros are the freedom, the benefits And being able to be part of such a great team that truly care about the client's and the mission.

Cons

Pay could be better for amount of resposibility and work load. Not enough room for advancement for Bachelor's level clinicians.

Community Reach Center2014-12-18

"A mixed bag"

Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place for new Master's Level graduates to get a foot in the door and learn A TON about mental health and clinical work. Supervision is free! The benefits and time-off is great (you get 13 hours/month in your first 2 years, and 20 hours a month once you hit the 2 year mark). I met and worked with a lot of wonderful people. It tends to be a fairly supportive environment. Depending on the job you have,... schedules can be flexible which accounts for great work/life balance.

Cons

A lot of times decisions are made from leadership, without consulting with front-line staff; There is constant change in the agency and you must be able to adapt quickly to change or you will down (i.e I learned 3 different Electronic Health Record systems in my 2 years); Pay is bad (I don't agree that they are in line with other Mental Health agencies... I actually think it is one of the worst when it comes to pay)... and employee retention suffers as a result -- it's hard to find people (aside from management) who have worked at CRC for more than 3 years. A lot of program management issues which causes a disorganized agency with a lot of mixed messages.

Advice to Management

Pay more, retain better.

Community Reach Center2014-10-20

"My experience has been one with growth, challenge and support."

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time

Pros

The people we serve, the staff we work with, the programs we offer.

Cons

Change is often generated from the leadership.

Advice to Management

Engage front line staff to drive change.

Community Reach Center2013-11-18

"Not the worst place to work, but not the best."

Therapist in Commerce City, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center

Pros

The best, and really only reason to work at Community Reach as a clinician is if you believe in helping the under served population in Adams County.

Cons

Management is very disconnected from clinical work, and do not show respect and gratitude to those who are providing the services that keep the agency going.

Advice to Management

Keep doing clinical work so you aren't so disconnected. Treat your clinicians - from bachelors level to lower management with the kind of respect and gratitude you would give someone who is putting food on your table - because in a way, we are.

Community Reach Center2011-08-29

"Good place to start your career"

Therapist in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center

Pros

Great experiene for people new to the field. Good PTO.

Cons

Salary really low for people in the field a long time.

Advice to Management

NONE

Community Reach Center2010-05-12