Community Reach Center Therapist Reviews | Glassdoor

Community Reach Center Therapist Reviews

Updated Aug 29, 2019

2.1
Community Reach Center CEO Richard L. Doucet, MA (no image)
Richard L. Doucet, MA

"Challenging, but Rewarding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Licensed Therapist

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ I love the people that I work with + I feel that I am doing a lot of hard work to really help those who most need it + I see and can talk casually with a lot of people in the upper management + I am very well-aware of our management structure and feel comfortable approaching them for what I might need + I do feel that they try their best to make pay competitive + Lots of room to move to different positions... and move up to management positions in the company + You frequently receive feedback on how to improve your documentation and assessing for risk + They expect perfection (this can be a con, as well) but it is a good challenge to keep on growing as a clinician + Clear communication from what upper management is aiming for and what that will mean for the ground-level staff + Lots of ability to receive consultation and supervision support -- getting support to get your license is very encouraged + Upper management is knowledgeable about how the world is changing and I think they are diversifying appropriately to make sure we are stable and don't have layoffs

Cons

- Management has wonderful and innovative ideas but putting them into action has been a mess. Often, we start implementing something only to be told a week later, "Stop doing it, we actually aren't ready for it." - Merit increases and any kind of increase between jobs are minimal, they will ask you to provide clinical supervision if you're licensed with no increase in pay - The unlicensed therapists report that... their pay is very low and they struggle to make ends meet. I've heard that they don't offer an increase in pay once they get their license, only provide them with the minimal monthly license compensation (around $200/mo). - The outpatient therapists are overwhelmed and have very high caseloads, burnout is expected. - If you speak Spanish as a therapist, that is what you will do for the rest of your career at CRC. There is too strong of a need for Spanish-speaking therapists and not enough staff to fulfill that. - I do find that management could be more direct in their approach. Sometimes I feel those in management positions talk around a subject without directly bringing it up, I would prefer someone who I have a trusting relationship just tell me directly what is going on.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being available and clear with us. Just remember that implementing some of these big changes can mean we feel overwhelmed and unsupported at times. I would really like to see our upper management interacting with us more to show that they care and want to make sure we don't burn out of our jobs.

Community Reach Center2017-02-12
  2. "Awesome clients and community work, horrible leadership."

Current Employee - Therapist

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some flexibility in schedule.

Cons

Unethical leadership, lack of communication between teams, processes that are a mess, EHR from the 1990s.

Advice to Management

Walk the walk

Community Reach Center2019-08-29

"Unethical, poor pay"

Former Employee - Therapist

I worked at Community Reach Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really don't have any at this point

Cons

There are some unethical practices, for example school-based therapists are recommended to do 16-minute sessions to bill Medicaid more money (30-minute sessions are timed at 16-37 minutes per Medicaid guidelines, so you can fit in 3 16-minute sessions in one hour and they get reimbursed for 1.5 hours). They give more PTO as you are there longer (6 weeks after 3 years) but I never really got to use it because I was... given a hard time about taking time off. HR is not friendly to employees or considerate of their needs. They offer huge incentives for being bilingual, however, the starting pay when you are bilingual is significantly lower than the English-speaking staff, so though it feels you're getting an incentive, you are actually making nearly the same amount as English-speaking staff. When compared with pay of other community agencies, theirs is very low. They say their supportive of their staff but don't demonstrate it in their actions. Overall, I feel it is an unethical agency. They also have caseloads of 100+ for outpatient therapists.

Advice to Management

Take the cons seriously and make some changes in the ethics of your agency.

Community Reach Center2018-08-18

"Therapist"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Is Very Dedicated to clients

Cons

Could pay better and offer more flexible scheduling

Community Reach Center2018-02-09

"A mixed bag"

Current Employee - Outpatient Therapist in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place for new Master's Level graduates to get a foot in the door and learn A TON about mental health and clinical work. Supervision is free! The benefits and time-off is great (you get 13 hours/month in your first 2 years, and 20 hours a month once you hit the 2 year mark). I met and worked with a lot of wonderful people. It tends to be a fairly supportive environment. Depending on the job you have,... schedules can be flexible which accounts for great work/life balance.

Cons

A lot of times decisions are made from leadership, without consulting with front-line staff; There is constant change in the agency and you must be able to adapt quickly to change or you will down (i.e I learned 3 different Electronic Health Record systems in my 2 years); Pay is bad (I don't agree that they are in line with other Mental Health agencies... I actually think it is one of the worst when it comes to pay)... and employee retention suffers as a result -- it's hard to find people (aside from management) who have worked at CRC for more than 3 years. A lot of program management issues which causes a disorganized agency with a lot of mixed messages.

Advice to Management

Pay more, retain better.

Community Reach Center2014-10-20

"Not the worst place to work, but not the best."

Therapist in Commerce City, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center

Pros

The best, and really only reason to work at Community Reach as a clinician is if you believe in helping the under served population in Adams County.

Cons

Management is very disconnected from clinical work, and do not show respect and gratitude to those who are providing the services that keep the agency going.

Advice to Management

Keep doing clinical work so you aren't so disconnected. Treat your clinicians - from bachelors level to lower management with the kind of respect and gratitude you would give someone who is putting food on your table - because in a way, we are.

Community Reach Center2011-08-29

"Good place to start your career"

Therapist in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Community Reach Center

Pros

Great experiene for people new to the field. Good PTO.

Cons

Salary really low for people in the field a long time.

Advice to Management

NONE

Community Reach Center2010-05-12