Community Services for Children Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2019

Found 26 reviews

2.7
Paula Margraf
  1. "Super place to work!"

I have been working at Community Services for Children full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Caring and dedicated leadership with strong commitment to children and families

Cons

Not sure there is anything

Advice to Management

Thanks

Community Services for Children2019-07-04
  2. "Great organization!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Community Services for Children full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Folks who work here are absolutely committed to the mission and care deeply about children and families. Agency cares about staff and are very supportive. Great benefits, time off.

Cons

can't think of any cons

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing!

Community Services for Children2019-05-08
  3. "Awful work environment"

Current Employee - Child Development Partner in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Community Services for Children full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They offer good health benefits

Cons

The “leadership” is quick to dismiss employees and talk AT them, instead of having a conversation and discussing the issues. There are members of leadership who do not understand the role of those under them and make decisions that are not best for the families we serve. In all my years of employment, which is many, I have never been treated as disposable as I have at CSC. Once our long standing person in charge left...

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. Actually LISTEN! By being a dictatorship you are pushing away some of your best employees. I don’t say that to be mean, I say that because I know you are losing, have lost, or are in danger of losing employees who really do care about the families in the program. It is ok to put down your power stick and take suggestions from those out in the field delivering the services.

Community Services for Children2019-05-18

"Horrible place to work at"

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Community Services for Children full-time

Pros

They give you good benefits

Cons

Treat their teachers like they are worthless Pay is low

Community Services for Children2019-04-08
  5. "Love Working at CSC"

Current Employee - Teaching in Allentown, PA

Pros

Actually making a difference with children with great needs. Very rewarding work. Great benefits. Very open leadership willing to listen to cares and concerns.

Cons

It's a non-profit so salary is low. Some days can be very challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting for more funds for salaries for the teachers and assistants. Keep making the staff feel appreciated and concerned for.

Community Services for Children2019-02-26

"Extremely poorly run organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Community Services for Children full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a generous holidays and benefits

Cons

I find it interesting that a company that touts how well their employees are treated and numerous professional development opportunities, continually does things that prove just the opposite. It’s hard to believe this organization could land itself on the top work places, when everything it does is in support of securing grant money, and the employees who work there are simply pawns to reach that goal. Part of professional...

Advice to Management

For the “leadership” at this company, you might want to take a look at how real world-class organizations are run.

Community Services for Children2018-06-04
  7. "I would not recommend this as a place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I worked at Community Services for Children full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company offers competitive benefits. The holidays and vacation days you receive are excellent. They allow for plenty of sick time.

Cons

They absolutely hold their staff back. During he interview and orientation process they will tell you that they like to promote from within when possible. That may be true for some departments or staff that have an “in”. However, from what I’ve seen the promotion from within is limited. It seems that if you have ambitions and an opinion, you are held down. In some of the departments within this company there is a huge...

Advice to Management

Support and actually LISTEN to your staff.

Community Services for Children2018-04-20
  8. "CCIS- team oriented"

Current Employee - CCIS Specialist in Allentown, PA

Pros

Great department to work for within Community Services for Children. Managers and staff are team oriented. Everyone is friendly and supportive. Detailed training is provided for new staff as well as ongoing training. This department always finds ways to relieve stress and enjoy the moment. Very customer service friendly and respectful. Workload allows for easy balance of work and personal life. All of the work stays in...

Cons

As in the human service field, the pay is not competitive. Salary is not compensated for people with higher education.

Advice to Management

No advice. Excelente staff.

Community Services for Children2017-06-27
  9. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Allentown, PA

Pros

Great benefits, salary, advancement, training opportunities, inclusive of all staff, staff involvement in decision making- team approach

Cons

I do not have any cons to place within this block. I would not have anything negative to state or recommend.

Advice to Management

Keep involving staff within teams to support decision making. Keep reviewing competitive salaries to keep employees from seeking employment elsewhere. Happy to work here.

Community Services for Children2017-06-18
  10. "Eligibility Specialist"

I worked at Community Services for Children full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Child care facility is focused in helping families and their children to educate and lead productive lives.

Cons

Head Start division receives rewards, salary increases and other perks. Other divisions who are contracted by state salaries are flat. This is not shared at the time of hiring. There is a lack of advancement.

Advice to Management

None

Community Services for Children2017-01-05