CommunityAmerica Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Financial Relationship Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Relationship Consultant

I have been working at CommunityAmerica Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Company! Great salaries! Great business model! Just all around amazing!

Cons

It is pretty political, but that is it!

CommunityAmerica Credit Union Response

Jul 3, 2017 – CommunityAmerica Representative

“Thank you so much for sharing your employee experience. Reviews like this help more job-seekers in Kansas City find CommunityAmerica. We are lucky to have you!”

2. "Non-management position"

I have been working at CommunityAmerica Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall I'm happy with this company and the direction it is going. We have an excellent tuition reimbursement program, bonuses twice a year, good benefit offerings, great incentive opportunities and really fun people to work with who care about you personally.

Cons

We had a CEO change over a couple years ago and many of us miss the former CEO because he was very transparent. The new one seems to be trying to be, but she tends to hire her "friends" for upper level positions or only listens to concerns if they personally make her look bad. Department-wise, the branch staff are great to work with and really care about members, the facilities department is the nicest and most genuine I've seen, front desk staff at corporate is great, and the Solution Center needs some work. Sometimes it days days, weeks, or never for them to get to or respond to tickets but they're all such nice people so that can often be overlooked. Everyone from HR seems to have been brought over from Water One or was friends with the Chief People Officer so that is kind of a joke. It makes me question the authenticity of the HR leadership. However, most people I have interacted with in HR are very nice, knowledgeable, and actually return calls and emails which is a vast improvement from a few years ago. Lots of changes are being made and while some of them make sense, a lot of them seem to employees like takeaways which is causing morale issues. A lot of us outsiders don't trust the Chief People Officer's true intentions. Again, everything seems well and good but complaints are not listened to or cared about unless it makes the top leaders look bad and then they come running trying to fix it. Training and Development is going a good job and finally offering training programs to people outside of branches and again, have the right knowledge and experience. They are also doing a good job building back up and expanding the Business/Commercial Banking department so I think they will go on to do great things.

Advice to Management

Pay people competitively and/or at least fairly for their age, gender, and experience not just because you want to get someone through the door. And please for all that is good and honest, do NOT put us through a payroll conversion ever again. The past couple years with the payroll programs and services we have had have been terrible. Honestly though, overall this really is a great place to work. Work out a few kinks and I am sure in a few years Best Places to Work will be calling.

"Good place to work if you don't want to work at a "bank""

I worked at CommunityAmerica Credit Union full-time

Pros

Good benefits, and rewards employees often.

Cons

Having to spin other departments decisions to members, who have protection of Bureaucracy built up over the years

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Retail Branch Associate in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Retail Branch Associate in Olathe, KS

Pros

Best place to work. I hope to never leave! Lots of opportunity to change positions and move up.

Cons

Can't really think of any. Working full time sucks in general but most people aren't going to work around that.

5. "Financial Relationship Specialist"

Current Employee - Financial Relationship Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Financial Relationship Specialist in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Tuition reimbursement package is nice, good benefits, it's easy to take paid time off, camaraderie is very pleasant at every branch I've worked at, pay is very competitive, 401k match is high.
    My job feels important and meaningful. As a nonprofit, there are a lot of ways I feel we make a difference in people's lives.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement. They tend to treat lateral moves like they are a promotion and get you psyched up about them, but you still have the same pay and title, just at a different location. The company would rather hire externally than internally.
    I know that my direct managers care about me, but as the chain of command goes up, it gets less personable and more corporate when it comes to decision making.
    Working in the grocery store locations is very tough-the hours are long. You have to work holidays and weekends.

Advice to Management

You are investing in your employees with tuition reimbursement, coaching, and development. Use that investment for your gain. Hire and promote from within the company.
    The profit sharing program that is being used now is too hard to understand-make enhancements to the program and then make it very easy to understand so that we know what we are working for.

6. "FRS"

I have been working at CommunityAmerica Credit Union (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay. Great company outlook. CEO is great-meets with employees in small groups to ask what change employees would like to see.

Cons

No room for promotion. Company hires external more so than internal.

"Fun place to work"

I have been working at CommunityAmerica Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Lots of perks. Good benefits. Fun.

Cons

Don't really have any. I love working here. It's great.

8. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at CommunityAmerica Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of community/employee events. Great work environment

Cons

Recruiting is very slow, hard to recommend someone for a position.

Advice to Management

Push HR to return calls and emails. Try to get departments to work together more often.

9. "Good company to setle lack of career advancement"

I worked at CommunityAmerica Credit Union full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay for the industry and what they ask you to do. Great benefits that begin day one. They are a growing company and seem to be innovative for the market.

Cons

They have grown in a small amount of time. In 2006 the landscape of the organization had a much better feel of which they have somewhat outgrown. Limited career development.

"Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raytown, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raytown, MO

I have been working at CommunityAmerica Credit Union (More than 3 years)

Pros

A company that truly cares about its people. Opportunity for advancement. The company has created a fun culture to come to work for.

Cons

The salaries could be higher.