Commvault Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

4.2
Commvault Chairman, President, and CEO Bob Hammer
Bob Hammer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great culture and work life balance with way above average career paths in multiple divisions (in 25 reviews)

• Great product that does so much more than just backup (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance - more of work (in 17 reviews)

• Lots of senior management changes over the years have affected strategy (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Cool Company to Work For"

I have been working at Commvault full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Commvault. The culture is unlike any other company I have ever experienced and I really feel that the company values me as an employee. The work I do is meaningful, and contributes to the organization as a whole, which is a huge motivator. There are quarterly calls for my department, marketing, as well as for the organization as a whole. These calls are great, as they keep the company, which spans across the world, on the same page and keep employees informed.

The headquarters in Tinton Falls is an incredible building. Each floor has game rooms that employees are encouraged to use, there is an on-site gym, and of course, there is the slide open for employee use at any hour. The cafeteria is also great, with good food and reasonable prices.

Cons

The company is growing, which is great, but means that often there are re-orgs and changes in management.

Aug 18, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience here at Commvault! The culture at Commvault is such an important factor for employee success and satisfaction and something that we take great pride in. I love... More

2. "This Company is Dynamic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

I have been working at Commvault full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Commvaults Culture is Absolutely Amazing

Cons

No Cons Come To Mind

Advice to Management

Keep Being The Great Leaders That You Are

"Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Tinton Falls, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Tinton Falls, NJ

I have been working at Commvault full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Building. Ok Benefits.
    Good Product.
    None I can think of.

Cons

Customer Support people are not treated as well as development.
    Seems like 2 different company. Separate HR.
    Claims to be Silicon Valley.. is a joke.. Except fancy building.
    They charge for Gym. No free food or snacks..
    No events. Seems like Start-up....
    Very less staff in support. High Stress and Complex Envi.
    People are not friendly except some groups.
    It's all about the number of tickets and not quality.
    No Formal training or career path.
    Salary is low compared to Industry standards.
    God only knows how this can be top 10 companies to work for.. ?????
    Is it based upon fancy building ????

Advice to Management

At-least make GYM free & provide free food or snacks to Support Team.
    This will not break Commvault's bank.

4. "Don't waste your time..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

I worked at Commvault full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits were more on the plus side along with salary (depending on what you negotiate, and or who you know as they like to play the system). If you like immature leadership, this is the place for you. The new headquarters is a nice facility, we used to be in a window-less co-op building that felt like a bunker (but that doesn't matter).

Cons

Always late to market with no more innovation. Very disorganized in execution, delivery and internal organization. Horrible moral with employees scared to talk and network. Re-orgs every quarter with big ones once or twice a year along with role changes so you will never really know what your job is.

Advice to Management

Commvault needs a new CEO and new upper management that is not part of the cult to fix the company before it fully sinks or goes up for sale. Decide what company you are or want to be and make it happen instead of pretending you do more than you really do.

5. "None"

Current Employee - Front Line Support in Tinton Falls, NJ
    Current Employee - Front Line Support in Tinton Falls, NJ

I have been working at Commvault full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and professional environment

Cons

Must be very experienced in the IT software field.

6. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Tinton Falls, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Tinton Falls, NJ

I have been working at Commvault full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Joined the Development team couple of months back and every day the work gets really interesting with great colleagues. Right from the time that I got connected to the recruiter who helped me throughout the interview process with the hiring manager and his team are excellent.
    Great culture, encourages every individual to participate in events like hackathon, cricket, family gathering and voluntary events. I am loving ever second at Commvault.

Cons

Cant think of anything negative at this time.

Advice to Management

We should have more of Hackathon events and invite people from outside to participate to know how valuable is our company.

7. "A Great Company to work for"

I have been working at Commvault full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The opportunities for learning at Commvault are huge.
    Lots of talented folks who work here, ready and willing to help.

Cons

Not all that much to crib about

Aug 18, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thank you for leaving a review, I am so happy to hear that you are living the Vaulter values and taking advantage of all our incredible learning opportunities. - Jesper Helt - CHRO

"Silicon Valley campus right in the middle of Jersey."

Current Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Tinton Falls, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Tinton Falls, NJ

I have been working at Commvault full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The structure in support / engineering is perfect for learning and advancing. The work you put in to learning the software and to hone your technical prowess is always seen and noticed. If you can "wow" management, don't be surprised if you get recognized for it.
    -The campus is beautiful and large with trails running through the perimeter.
    -The Barista Bar and Byte Cafe are awesome, with great prices, not to mention amazing breakfast sandwiches.
    -The progression on the support floor is great with positions opening up constantly as Tier 2's move on to supervisor or other non-support roles. The progression within support is as follows: Frontlines -> Tier 1 engineer in a focus group ->Tier 2 engineer in a focus group -> Supervisor (15 of them) -> Manager (5 of them) -> Director -> VP.
    -Management is always looking to improve upon Standard Operating Procedure and are not afraid of trying new things, or fielding ideas directly from the engineers themselves.
    -Support has a team dedicated to enabling them (SET) and promoting learning through classes, online videos with Quizes and tests, etc.
    -Commvault support is absolutely mind blowing. In a critical situation, a customer will get a callback within one hour from an engineer ready for a remote session to get things up and running. This leads to happy customers, and quick resolution.
    -The metrics used to judge your efficiency such as cases closed, cases taken, Time to Close 24 hour / 5 day, and Time duration are all very fair metrics that are tracked by the ticketing system.
    -Games such as Air Hockey, constant tournaments for Magic the Gathering, Arcade games, Pinball, Pool, you name it, Commvault has it on one of its floors.
    -Free Ice cream on Fridays in the summer!!!

Cons

-The environment can be a little "clicky", and favors those who are good at making friends and showing willingness to learn.

Advice to Management

Overall, my experience at Commvault so far has been extremely positive, and I enjoy looking forward at what is to come. Keep doing what you are doing!

Aug 18, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review we always welcome and appreciate the feedback. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience as a member of our highly talented and... More

"Commvault development"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Tinton Falls, NJ
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Tinton Falls, NJ

I have been working at Commvault full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great location short drive from other cities including New York. Able to work on different projects and different technologies, New building is great with many amenities.

Cons

More employees than there is space to accommodate all of them in main office.

10. "Great Product and Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tinton Falls, NJ

I have been working at Commvault full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Great product to work on
    2. You also get exposure on different technologies
    3. Work life balance is good.

Cons

1. Software development practices are poor
    2. Management lacks exposure, most managers are promoted engineers
    3. There is little of no future for skilled young talent here.
    4. Pay is low and the HR/management doesn't bother to match the industry standard either.

Advice to Management

1. The management needs to hear out to the employees , their concerns and keep the young talent.

2. Most of the time you are trying to catch up with the competitors rather than developing a product of your own. This shows lack or originality and innovation.
    Go out and look at the industry out there

Aug 3, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. As always we encourage all employees to give feedback, through multiple channels whether it is our annual Vaulters voice or a one on one chat... More