Comodo Reviews | Glassdoor

Comodo Reviews

Updated May 18, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Well, this is my fourth IT job and what I liked the best about Comodo is the work environment (in 17 reviews)

• Nice building (even if it is pretty much empty) and all the free coffee you can drink (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • All the upper management are a bunch of behind lickers (in 17 reviews)

• By now, I'm sure they've been let go as well (in 9 reviews)

1. "This is where real professionals are made"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working at Comodo for 7 years now, and I am not looking for another job!

Pros
    Being in Comodo for the last 7 years has taught me many valuable lessons regarding professionalism. I can now say, with confidence and with some pride, that I have over the years evolved into a real good professional, thanks to my experience working with Comodo. I should say that this happened because I got the chance to work with some of the best professionals in the IT industry. The work culture at Comodo too has contributed greatly to this. Thanks, Comodo. Comodo indeed is the place where real professionals are made.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about the company...

2. "Great place to be in..."

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros
    Today I have completed six months at Comodo. I feel elated and satisfied; no other company has given the kind of job satisfaction that I have got from this Comodo job. I am almost sure that I would continue to work here for a long time. I could meet many people who have been working here for years now. Really a great place to work, for all IT professionals...

Cons

Not the place for easy-going, lazy people who just want to go on doing nothing...

3. "C for Comodo, C for Camaraderie, C for Competence, C for Complete Security"

Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I joined Comodo, I was not sure how it would end up. I had had some bitter experiences working with some really 'big' companies and I was wondering if Comodo would also end up that way, with me walking out in maybe a couple of months or so. But my calculations went wrong. In just a couple of months, I could make myself an integral part of the team and the work that we were doing. Perfect teamwork it is at Comodo. You get to learn new things every day and you understand camaraderie and competence in a newer way. No wonder Comodo is able to give complete security to its clients...

Cons

How can I bring myself to write something negative about a company where I enjoy working? I haven't yet come across anything that I dislike or hate about Comodo.

5. "I love the work environment, feel there is lot of scope for someone like me"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in East Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well, this is my fourth IT job and what I liked the best about Comodo is the work environment. I would want to call it awesome. Yes, it's awesome indeed, in my opinion (if that counts). We have seniors here who give us all the guidance that we need, with utmost patience. The regular sittings that we have with the technical guys also helps a lot in understanding the company and its products. It's a very informal, friendly atmosphere here at Comodo and I have never felt bored, not even for one single minute. For someone like me, who wants to learn something new every day and who wants to evolve into a good professional, Comodo offers much scope...

Cons

I don't think I found anything in the last fifteen months that would make me want to leave Comodo. But if you want me to state the cons, all that I can say is that this is not the place for those who want to sit idle doing nothing and earn their pay from someone else's efforts. You have to work hard, but don't worry, you would never lose anything by working hard at Comodo.

"Not what they make it out to be"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Comodo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with really good people. This is the perfect stepping stone job. Get in, get your experience, get out. Simple as that.

Cons

There's a Ton but the biggest is working for the CEO. Hard to work for someone who is such an unlikeable person.

Advice to Management

When you make your own employees write good reviews you know you are not doing well

"A life learning experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Comodo (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a learning experience. Sales job with quotas. You have three months of probation and if you dont hit the quota you are gone. Basic jist of it. They say it cost money to keep you on that seat in the office. You have to produce. Or you are done

Cons

Honestly, I speaked my truth on the Pros because that is exactly what it is. If you enjoy calling 120-180 calls a day trying to sell to people than its the job for you. Remember this, you are only as good as your last sell.

"Laughable"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any. I need out of this place it is an absolute joke. The only thing management is good at is managing their reputation. Just look at all the fake reviews to counter the real ones on this very site. All real reviews followed by 1 or 2'reviews by HR or the CEO himself. If you want favorable reviews read the real ones and learn from what is consistently being said.

Cons

Signing the offer letter and following through. Do not waste time here. Comodo invents products that other companies have brought to market at least 1-2 years early and think they will take market share. the products don't work and what's being designed is not what the market needs or wants. It's what some engineer outside the US thinks is cool.
    When they are 0 sales they come down hard on everyone.

Advice to Management

Stick to certs do nothing else.

9. "I honestly don't understand all of the bad reviews"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve been working here for approx. 1 year. I have never had a problem. You come to work to WORK. Don’t get involved in watercooler chat so to speak and just make your money and you will always be happy with what you get out of it.

Cons

I wish it had more opportunity for advancement in different offices.

10. "Solid Chance to Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Comodo full-time

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities for a challenger here.

Cons

Old location was closer to mall but the space is better in Clifton location

11. "This is a New Comodo"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Representative in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Representative in Clifton, NJ

Pros

Comodo is evolving into a legit advanced enterprise security player that can really deliver for the customer. Security people get the difference with the objective: Strong security with no impact on the user experience and work, and easy to manage. Big time investment has been made into the whole solution stack from endpoint to SSL, and when a customer needs something they get it fast because of the HUGE number of tech/engineers and drive to keep customers happy.

A really good sales culture is forming. And sales gets what it needs to make the customer happy. I also like the new sales strategy that is ALOT more effective and respectful. All about making the customer successful. New management is awesome and just gets it. I see we are on to something big, and we are bringing in really really great people it seems every week.
    Our new marketing SVP and team now here to help give the company the look it deserves to make it easier to see what we do.

Best thing here though is all the people. such an awesome group!

Cons

We are still evolving. That means a lot of work to be done. Have to be more resourceful than ever, and it's kind of like a startup that way and many times we don't have all the marketing materials needed. Need a new website refresh to make it more clear on our real value, because it's not easy to understand now. Just growing pains.

Advice to Management

Make our branding more reflective of the default-deny value, and how everything we do from endpoint to SSL. Need more materials big time to help us spread the good word. Keep hiring great people like recently.